Celtics look set for a huge fall

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:32 am
Celts look like they are going to fall hard with RAllen and Garnett having no contract with them after this season. Wonder what options they have and what they'll do. I'd be close to panicking if I was them. If they don't trade one or both RAllen and Garnett, they'll have holes in that team.

Really is interesting their situation and what this offseason will be like for them. They were champions four seasons ago and now they may fall to non playoff team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 am
The odd thing is that the player I hear rumored the most to go is Rondo.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:15 pm
Yea, very strange that they are looking to trade their best player who is young and a top 5 PG. If they used Rondo to trade either RAllen or Garnett or both, getting two great players back, then it would be quite genius

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:52 pm
They are just going to sign FAs when Allen's and Garnett's contracts expire. It's not that big of a deal. They are not performing as they did when they were younger, and they will still have Pierce for a few years, Rondo as one of the best PGs, who's still young, Johnson might become a good rebounder and valuable player on offense, and Moore might develop more as well...and still, it's a place and a team where big name FAs would go.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:14 am
I think the Celts are in trouble. Noone wanted to go there before they trade to get RAllen and Garnet, that team was bad for years. If they don't get lucky and get one or two very good free agents, they'll be lucky to be a playoff caliber team.

I would like to see Garnett, even RAllen but to a lesser extent, go to San Antonio to play for the Spurs. Duncan and Garnett had a rivalry when he was in the TWolves for years and it's be nice to see both of them try for a last run at a championship or two together

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:12 am
migya wrote:I think the Celts are in trouble. Noone wanted to go there before they trade to get RAllen and Garnet, that team was bad for years. If they don't get lucky and get one or two very good free agents, they'll be lucky to be a playoff caliber team.

I would like to see Garnett, even RAllen but to a lesser extent, go to San Antonio to play for the Spurs. Duncan and Garnett had a rivalry when he was in the TWolves for years and it's be nice to see both of them try for a last run at a championship or two together

They had a on-court rivalry, but they worked together with various sponsors (notably with adidas about 10 years ago when they made a couple commercials together). It would be interesting to see this happen.

What would the spurs give to the celtics though? Salaries won't match up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:I think the Celts are in trouble. Noone wanted to go there before they trade to get RAllen and Garnet, that team was bad for years. If they don't get lucky and get one or two very good free agents, they'll be lucky to be a playoff caliber team.

They had a on-court rivalry, but they worked together with various sponsors (notably with adidas about 10 years ago when they made a couple commercials together). It would be interesting to see this happen.

What would the spurs give to the celtics though? Salaries won't match up.

Garnett and/or RAllen are free agents after this season so they can just go to San Antonio for nothing and sign cheap there for a last run for a championship or maybe two

Return to NBA Forum