Diaw for Biedrins

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 pm
I read that they want Diaw out. He has the same ridiculous contract AB has only his expires this summer. I would do it in a matter of seconds. Gambling in a 24 year old 7footer may not be a bad idea for them also.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:26 pm
I read somewhere that Diaw is talking with Bobcats about buying out his contract. No point in a trade if he's gonna do that.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:15 am
His manager asked his player to be traded or released, what they want is a different story. Why pay the player a part of his contract and let him go when you can get AB who might need a change in scenery to turn his carer around.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:18 am
Hi, I have in mind this trade, that maybe success to Warriors, if Howard stays here.

Warriors Players
Monta goes to Orlando
Biedrins goes to Hawks
Lee goes to Hawks

Magic Players
Howard goes to Warriors
Clark goes to Hawks

Hawks Players
Smith goes to Orlando
Hinrich goes to Warriors

So at end trade looks like this ...

Warriors get Howard and Hinrich, so Curry can play at SG, where he feels better, and Hinrich will be grate offense creator for Howard and other players of team. Udoh shows, that he can be a starting player, and PF will be his place to stay.

Starting 5 for Warriors

C - Howard
PF - Udoh
SF - Wright
SG - Curry
PG - Hinrich

Orlando gets 2 almost All Star players - Smith and Ellis, and team looks very good.
They can trade Glen and Anderson for better C, or trade some guards and Turkoglu. Team can play only better because of fantastic bench depth.

Hawks, dont get big value for this trade, but player who want be traded has been away, and they get backup for Horford in Biedrins name.

This is my subjective oppinion ... like star wars movies! :D
freak_y
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 am
I'd prefer getting Smith back and not including Lee. There's no point trading for Howard if he's going to Dallas, come hell or high water.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 am
I know this is crazy trade, but always have chance. Get Howard, and trie to convince DWill, to join Warriors. Okey, its imposible, but worth to trie. If this dont come out, what is possible, than Warriors have big cap space for 2012 free agent market. There will be many big guys, and Warriors can get them. Everyone knows, that true champions teams have good PG, and good C. So Warriors have PG, and have cap space to, get good Center and good PF. Warriors need to sign at last a players, who can play defense, and need to take a coach, who ego is bigger than any other team player, and he is defense minded.

Look now at Golden State Warriors? What they have to get in PO? NOTHING.

Lee is just a joke, he is not a basketball player .... He is selfish, and dont know what is defense. Monta and Curry? What ........ So small backourt is joke of any basketball league, but in NBA .... Need a big guys in backourt, or at least one. Like Klay, but he dont have so much skill. Eric Gordon will be available, Lopez, Hibert and much more young talents.

So if Warriors cant convince Howard stay, and DWill come here, than they can make a great young team. Now this young team in future cant be winning team! Its simple impossible.

Next year draft will be greatest from 2003.
freak_y
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:15 pm
kolins wrote:Lee is just a joke, he is not a basketball player .... He is selfish, and dont know what is defense. Monta and Curry? What ........ So small backourt is joke of any basketball league, but in NBA .... Need a big guys in backourt, or at least one. Like Klay, but he dont have so much skill. Eric Gordon will be available, Lopez, Hibert and much more young talents.

I disagree with this whole paragraph.

Lee is far from a joke; he's one of a small handful of 20-and-10 guys in the league. He's a catalyst and a playmaker; whose PTS-REB-AST averages are top 15 in the NBA and lead the Warriors. It continually surprises me to hear Warriors fans define our only 18 and 9 PF of the past 20 years as the problem.

Secondly, I agree that the small backcourt needs addressing... But let's not go overboard. Curry and Ellis are far from "a joke"; I'd wager more than 25 of the other NBA teams would swap their starting backcourt for Curry and Ellis. The lack of a true center really puts a microscope on the tiny backcourt, but let's not get carried away and say that they are bad players.

Lastly; I'd say if anything, all Klay Thompson has is an NBA-ready skill set. His jumper is wet, his handles are legit for a 6'7" guy, and he's a smart passer. If he had a weakness, is attribute it to athleticism moreso than skill.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 pm
Yes, maybe you have right. But one think what I see, is that - Warriors with Curry, Ellis and Lee never bee a Play Off team. Why? Defense all maters.
freak_y
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:15 pm
I believe our problems are:
1. Starting Center.
2. Starting SF
3. Dysfunctional guard duo. Why? Both combo guards (SG without the size for it) with no defence affinity. You can survive 1 combo guard not 2. You can survive 1 guard being bad defender not both.
4. AB must go and due to his contract is almost impossible.
5. The worst time possible to gamble on an unproven coach. Why? Lockout cut every possibility to get the team work with the new coach and the new mentality. If we had time coach would know that this is not a team to play defence and he would probably asked for trades before. As a result we can't even know if what we see is Jackson's fault or not.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:24 pm
I tottaly agree TRON. All in all, W's need a good Center player and playable SF. And for that, Warriors GM need to give away a Ellis, Beans and Lee. This is the only way, that Warriors can get C and SF with some value.

If W's dont trade AB, than Mark Jackson need to go and talk with Biedrins about sending him to D-League. Andris is good guy, and he can accept this. He is totally lost in his mind and lost all confidence. He need to get playing time and he need to be a strong part in team, and only way to give him back this confidence is sending him to D-League.

Remember the 11+11 season from Dre, that was after the year, when he was a National Team Latvia star, and leador both end of floor. He have 22+14 average statistic. He pwnd a Spain national team. If god listen to me, than please send this oppinion to Mark Jackson, and send AB to the D-League, because he can play like always, he just need to give at least 30 - 35 minutes per game to get back the taste of basketball.
freak_y
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:14 pm
'"Ric Bucher on Bay Area Sports Radio says Lakers trade Pau Gasol/Ron Artest to Golden State for Curry/Lee/Biedrins."

Retarded Warriors GM! :D
freak_y
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:12 pm
Proposed or is a done deal? Wouldn't want to throw myself of a window without checking first.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 pm
Seems only rumors, but .... every rumors, have some truth.
freak_y
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm
kolins wrote:'"Ric Bucher on Bay Area Sports Radio says Lakers trade Pau Gasol/Ron Artest to Golden State for Curry/Lee/Biedrins."

Retarded Warriors GM! :D

Awfullllll trade; thank God there seems to be no truth to it.

Return to Trades