Trade Monta already!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:35 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
8th ave wrote:
Andrew Bogut is currently out while his fractured left ankle heals and he's hoping to return sometime before the end of the season.

Despite all his injuries the last few years, there are a good number of teams that would like to acquire the center and he might like a new situation.

Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times writes: "There are whispers Bogut wouldn't mind a change of scenery, having become frustrated about the team's lack of progress and his strained relationship with Bucks head coach Scott Skiles. ... Some Bucks claim the Bogut-Skiles relationship was especially acrimonious last season when they seldom communicated with each other."

Bogut has two more years on his contract and he's set to earn $13 million in 2012-13 and $14 million in 2013-14.

The Bucks are desperate to move Stephen Jackson and they'd insist any team wanting Bogut must take the swingman, too.

The Bucks wouldn't even consider trading Bogut if he wasn't hurt the last two years, but his inability to stay healthy may have changed their thinking.

id take a risk on bogut.... even if it meant taking back stephen jackson... monta +andris for bogut + jackson?????

How about Bogut and Jackson for Brown, Udoh, Klay and Dorel. We might have to take 1 more back to make the numbers work, but I think this would be more likely suitable to Milwaukee with expiring and Udoh and Klay being the pieces they could use to rebuild. Where Monta wouldn't be a rebuild piece, and the contracts of Beans and Monat are too big. $60 million for the next 3 years for both....

I just think that Milwaukee wouldn't do it... I don't know if I would trade Udoh and Klay for a hurt Bogut though. And what do you do with Capt. Jack?

Contracts:
Andrew Bogut: $12,100,000, $13,150,000, $14,200,000
Stephen Jackson: $9,260,000 $10,060,000

Kwame Brown: $7,000,000
Dorell Wright: $3,800,000, $4,100,000
Ekpe Udoh: $3,294,960, $3,524,880, TEAM OPT, RFA
Klay Thompso:n $2,126,520, $2,286,000, TEAM OPT, TEAM OPT, RFA

Ellis, Biedrins, Wright for Jackson and Bogut

+ can't trade Brown, he's injured
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:36 pm
Ouuu... I'd do a Lee + Andris too if they'd bite on that. Bogut + Udoh = good defensive front court

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm
UPDATE: Beyond Blatche, ESPN's Marc Stein reported in Friday's Weekend Dime that "sources say the Wiz are now weighing whether it's time to finally surrender JaVale McGee -- who for all his potential still routinely finds himself at the heart of Washington's ongoing turbulence -- on the condition that his new team take Blatche as well."

---

Andray Blatche has struggled this season and it looks like the Wizards are looking to part ways with him.

Reported Michael Lee of the Washington Post: "The Wizards have aggressively tried to deal Blatche in advance of the March 15 trade deadline, according to multiple league sources, but struggled to find any takers. Blatche is certainly open to a change of scenery, according to a person close to him."

Later, Lee details via two people with knowledge of the situation that the Wizards tried to flip Blatche for Tyrus Thomas last month, but were rejected.

Blatche's reputation around the league wasn't exactly sterling before this season, and his play this year hasn't done him any favors.

So while the Wizards may be looking to deal him, it's not sounding like it'll be easy heading into the March 15 trade deadline.

I'd love this kid too. I'd give them anything they want minus Curry.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:10 am
Interesting that Washington wants to get rid of what is their starting PF and C, but they've been awful as a team this season and those two haven't made them a winner much. Getting either of them, let alone both would likely be disaster for the team, so I'm not for it.

I'd go for Bogut and SJack, though I really dislike SJack. He is an expirer this offseason, having another year left on his contract and will be a great attraction in trades for teams looking to shed salary after next season. Bogut is a very good Center, though the way he's been injured the last few years makes him a question mark. His rebounding and defense is the biggest plus ofcourse, but the guy is an allround Center and one of the top 10, some could say top 5 Centers right now. Trade AB and Lee for him, that'd be the best trade, as Lee only plays one end and has many years left on his contract. Really looking like the best trade scenario for the team right now. Keep the backcourt, add a very good Center, hoping he gets back to 100% health, have Udoh start at PF for now and add a proper, good one in the offseason or by another trade in the offseason, and the team looks much better. Maybe the team could even resign after next season fo slightly cheaper than what he is right now, great situation.

Maybe look to trade for JSmith of Atlanta for Monta straight up. Klay could be the starting SG for now and if he doesn't do enough to stay the starter, look for a starting SG in the offseason, there are many out there. With Bogut and JSmith, add Udoh to them, that's defense and good rebounding, with good scoring as well, much better than what the situation is right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:53 pm
migya wrote:Interesting that Washington wants to get rid of what is their starting PF and C, but they've been awful as a team this season and those two haven't made them a winner much. Getting either of them, let alone both would likely be disaster for the team, so I'm not for it.

I'd go for Bogut and SJack, though I really dislike SJack. He is an expirer this offseason, having another year left on his contract and will be a great attraction in trades for teams looking to shed salary after next season. Bogut is a very good Center, though the way he's been injured the last few years makes him a question mark. His rebounding and defense is the biggest plus ofcourse, but the guy is an allround Center and one of the top 10, some could say top 5 Centers right now. Trade AB and Lee for him, that'd be the best trade, as Lee only plays one end and has many years left on his contract. Really looking like the best trade scenario for the team right now. Keep the backcourt, add a very good Center, hoping he gets back to 100% health, have Udoh start at PF for now and add a proper, good one in the offseason or by another trade in the offseason, and the team looks much better. Maybe the team could even resign after next season fo slightly cheaper than what he is right now, great situation.

Maybe look to trade for JSmith of Atlanta for Monta straight up. Klay could be the starting SG for now and if he doesn't do enough to stay the starter, look for a starting SG in the offseason, there are many out there. With Bogut and JSmith, add Udoh to them, that's defense and good rebounding, with good scoring as well, much better than what the situation is right now

Sounds like a great idea. I'd say that Atlanta wouldn't go for that trade, but Jsmooth said he wanted out himself.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 pm
Marcus Thompson's twitter

Warriors have their eye on acquiring Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut. It would be tough to pull off...

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:39 pm
Marcus Thompson just wrote about trying to get Bogut (with examples using Kwame's contract as part of it)

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/03 ... arriors%29
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:39 pm
lol, 8th ave you beat me to it by 30 seconds
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:51 pm
I'm actively looking at my twitter feed and ESPN Insider. I'm ready for **** to blow up, man. lol

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:36 pm
migya wrote:Interesting that Washington wants to get rid of what is their starting PF and C, but they've been awful as a team this season and those two haven't made them a winner much. Getting either of them, let alone both would likely be disaster for the team, so I'm not for it.

The bucks dont' want David Lee or AB, because they want payroll flexibility their team is build around Bogut. So they are rebuilding and they don't want David lee or AB which bogs down their payroll. Monta and Josh smith Atlanta is in the same mind frame. The Hawks over value Josh smith and want a great player back, just like the Warriors over value Monta and want a great player back. Only problem is other teams are not convince to give up much asset for them.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 pm
sup my warrior buddies. Here's the latest on rumor central

The Golden State Warriors have been linked with centers Dwight Howard, Chris Kaman, Brook Lopez and Andrew Bogut, but nothing has come to fruition so far.

The front office has been very active making calls around the league and general manager Larry Riley thinks there is a good chance he makes a trade, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.

Forward Davis Lee is expecting to hear something.

"I won't be surprised if we do something, but I love our team the way it is," Lee said. "There's a big difference between doing something that makes sense and doing something just to say you did something. We all appreciate that our front office is being active and trying to make us better. It's nice to feel like they have the same passion that you do."

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Players should keep their mouths shut when it comes to front office business.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm
Agreed.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:04 pm
8th ave wrote:sup my warrior buddies. Here's the latest on rumor central

The Golden State Warriors have been linked with centers Dwight Howard, Chris Kaman, Brook Lopez and Andrew Bogut, but nothing has come to fruition so far.

The front office has been very active making calls around the league and general manager Larry Riley thinks there is a good chance he makes a trade, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.

Forward Davis Lee is expecting to hear something.

"I won't be surprised if we do something, but I love our team the way it is," Lee said. "There's a big difference between doing something that makes sense and doing something just to say you did something. We all appreciate that our front office is being active and trying to make us better. It's nice to feel like they have the same passion that you do."

Lee didn't say anything offensive (or anything less than obvious, for that matter). I hope he's right; the Warriors need some new blood out there.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 pm
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor told the Deseret News Monday that he and the rest of the basketball operations department have been active on the phones.

"We're active. We're listening," O'Connor said. "We're aggressive in trying to talk (about) things."

The players who could be moved by Thursday are Devin Harris, Raja Bell and Al Jefferson. Harris doesn't seem to be a good fit with Utah's offense, Bell has had issues all season with head coach Tyrone Corbin and Jefferson is the likeliest big man to be moved.

O'Connor says he's not seeking a short-term fix.

"It would have to be something long term," he said.

would anyone be interested in a ellis-jefferson swap?

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball