Jeremy Lin

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 pm
I thought MJackson plays a lot of his rooks. He played Tyler and Jenkins more than Smart ever would of. Plus, Jlin was gone by the time MJack became coach so I dont blame him at all. Quite honestly, we needed a center and Jlin wasn't one. You cuold argue that by drafting Jenkins, you are pretty much saying goodbye to Jlin. I like Jenkins and only time will tell if he can develop into a PG we need.

As for Lin, I am def impressed. Boston is old and should the Knicks play to their potential they should handle Boston. However, Boston still plays good team D and so it will be interesting to see how he fares. Look Lin was overwhelmed by Miami no doubt but very few teams have LBJ, Wade, and others flying up and down the court defensively. Plus, he was playing on a back to back and on an away game against a rested Heat squad. I'm more interested to see how he fares on this road trip. Vs the Mavs, Bulls, Spurs... good test.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 am
I am happy for the kid. If he was a Warrior and get 25 pts as a sub he would get the speach of how important he is for the second squad and he would never start. Tell me crazy but if we ever meant what we said about defence our starting line-up should be:
PG Curry
SG Ellis
Sf Mcguire
Pf Lee
C Udoh
Having Ellis and Curry as starters you want a defender in SF not another shooter. With Mcguire and Udoh we would realy had a good defence.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:18 pm
1 month of Linsanity in the books and his season stats are currently sitting at:

14.8 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 6.0 APG,
1.6 SPG, 0.1 BPG, 3.4 T/OPG, 1.9 FPG
Shooting: 45.8% FG, 32.7% 3PT, 75.6% FT
In 25.4 MPG

I've highlighted the interesting tidbits to me:

- His points and assists are ballpark numbers to:

32 on 2/11/2012 wrote:I think he's decent, but I'm betting his end of season numbers rest a little closer to 14 and 5, which (like I said) is decent, but I can't fully buy into "Lin-sanity" until I see other teams go under on a screen with him.

... What I said he'd do. :wink: Lin is sitting at 15 and 6, when I pegged him as 14 and 5... Although, if he keeps up his numbers, those stats will go up.

- 33% on three's is nottttt A-level outside shooting, but most coaches will take 1-out-of-3 (or, in a D'Anonni system, 3-of-9 :mrgreen:). Lin's actual weakness has proven to be:

- 119th in NBA MPG
8th in NBA T/OPG #-o

Something's gotta change with that A/TO ratio. Either he needs to take better care of the ball, or those big assist numbers are coming down...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:54 am
Yes, but only a fool (and I'd like to believe there's not too many of them) would've believed that he'd keep getting those stats that he got in first 6 games all throughout the season. If anything most ppl probably thinking that his season stats will be even less impressive than they are now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 pm
gaga_warioz wrote:Yes, but only a fool (and I'd like to believe there's not too many of them) would've believed that he'd keep getting those stats that he got in first 6 games all throughout the season. If anything most ppl probably thinking that his season stats will be even less impressive than they are now.

I'm definitely one of them, but judging by the posts made less than a month ago, I think you'd be surprised just how many people expected Jeremy Lin to be the next huge thing in NY...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 am
once they figure out how to play as a team, im pretty sure he will do good. because the starting five is def better than the line up when jlin brought em back into playoff run. if phil jackson really goes to knicks next yr, give em the leadership push instead of yelling at players in the locker room.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:29 am
facue420 wrote:once they figure out how to play as a team, im pretty sure he will do good. because the starting five is def better than the line up when jlin brought em back into playoff run. if phil jackson really goes to knicks next yr, give em the leadership push instead of yelling at players in the locker room.

I always thought Mike D'Antoni was a mild-mannered HC, any citation to support the idea of him being a hot head (no patronization, just curious)? The problem with this team is the same issue that has plagued most NYC sports franchises - they have no finesse to their roster management, they just throw money at their problems and acquire the biggest names possible with complete disregard for cohesion. They also over-hype everything and everyone to unrealistic expectations and call for the heads of those that don't live up. It's a classic example of overexposure. I agree that D'Antoni isn't the guy for this team, but Lin's ceiling was higher under him than it will be under pretty much any other HC - even the almighty Phil Jackson...

Let me ask you this, how much success has Jackson had without an all world/top 2 all-time SG? I don't think Landry Fields is the next Jordan or Kobe.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 am
Just so all the fanboys know:

Without D'Antonni, your precious Linsanity is officially over. Especially if the replacement is Jackson or Sloan!! Talk about 2 guys that like to utilize the big guys in the post and off a pick! The only "scoring PG" either of them ever had was DWilliams and he HATED Jerry Sloan! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA I totally, totally, 100% called it: Jeremy Lin was benefitting from the system! We'll see how incredible he looks with D'Antonni now.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:47 am
still too early to call it, its no secret lin was the one brought em back to playoff run. the talent is there, and its his first yr starting with two ballhogs on the team. once woodson finds out melo will give u certain good games but he is not clutch enough just like when he was in denver, he will turn to lin. plus knicks fans will chant for lin once melo goes cold again.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball