Magic Reach Out For MONTA ELLIS

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 am
I'm not against the idea of bringing Thompson, Fredette and maybe a pick(s) for Ellis. Though, I can't see why Kings would want Ellis. Don't they have a cluster at guard position even now?

I mean, they have Marcus Thornton and Tyreke Evans who are both guards, and because they are arguably their best scorers, they play Evans at SF.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm
Guybrush wrote:I'm not against the idea of bringing Thompson, Fredette and maybe a pick(s) for Ellis. Though, I can't see why Kings would want Ellis. Don't they have a cluster at guard position even now?

I mean, they have Marcus Thornton and Tyreke Evans who are both guards, and because they are arguably their best scorers, they play Evans at SF.

No no, I mean as a 3rd team with Orlando. Have them take Ryan Anderson (to pair in the frontcourt with Cousins) and whatever else they want from the Magic. Maybe send them Hickson as well and get back Glen Davis to upgrade the bench.

Just brainstorming on how to get the most return for Ellis. If the Magic have interest, it's worth exploring (but only with the involvement of a 3rd team).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 pm
Ah, I didn't think it was still a talk about a 3 team trade. My bad. Then it might be doable.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 pm
Although, as I said... Ideally, you want more than simply Thompson for Ellis, but these past 3 seasons he's been on the trading block, I really haven't seen the market for him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball