Trade Monta already!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm
They don't know if Gordon resigns and they want to get rid of Caman for the best possible profit and Ellis is far more talented and valuable from Caman. I don't see any other team offering something remotely close to Ellis for him. WE wouldn't do it normally.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:02 am
TRON wrote:I don't like Lopez.4 rebounds per game is ridiculous for a 7 footer. I think a more realistic scenario would be Monta for Caman and Curry for Rondo. That would transform the Warriors right now.
PG Rondo
SG Klay
SF Mcguire
PF Lee
C Caman
That is a much more defensive, hard, tall, rebounding team. Throw in Rush in the SF if you want more points and you are ok. With Klay, Udoh Tyler, Jenkins improving each year we might have a good future also.

Kaman is a free agent after this season isn't he? If so, no go, as he could just leave for nothing. For a resigned Kaman, I'd include him in a three team trade getting Monta and hopefully AB out of here. Get JRich from Orlando would be nice as well, but that trade gives the team a proper Center finally

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 pm
Guybrush wrote:Is Gordon going to sign extension with the Hornets, or not?

That's debatable. But now that they hold his bird rights and can offer him more than any other team, they'll try to retain him. Bottom line is, they won't make a deal for Ellis unless Gordon full-on declares he won't resign (which won't happen). So any Ellis-to-Hornets trades are extremely unlikely.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm
The Warriors are reportedly after a big man at the trade deadline to bolster the team's frontline.

But it's also possible they could look for one in free agency next summer, it seems, if they don't land one before March 15.

From Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle: "The Warriors will consider signing Robin Lopez in the offseason."

Lopez will be a restricted free agent if the Suns tender him his $4 million qualifying offer for the 2012-13 season, so any offer the Warriors could potentially make to Lopez would be able to be matched by Phoenix.

Not exactly the Lopez I wanted but anyone would be an upgrade over Biedrins.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 pm
If Celtics would be so insane, again, to offer Rondo for Curry straight up, Warriors would be insane twice as much if they refused it.

Rondo just had these stats against the Knicks:
Assists: 20
Rebounds: 17
Steals: 1
Blocks: 1

And 4 TOs.

Those are the numbers you see from a franchise player.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:11 pm
I can't believe they said no. I can't believe they say they are not interested. The only thing i can think off to keep my sanity is that they now something we don't. I read he is at war with his coach at that generally he is a difficult character. That would explain why Celtics want to trade him in the first place.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:12 pm
#1, I don't buy that the Warriors refused a Curry-for-Rondo trade, unless there were more parts to it that would sour the deal (such as giving them David Lee for trash, as Boston has famously coveted a PF for KG's increasing decline in play). Rondo for Curry straight up? Sure, pull the trigger. But without Lee or Ellis, Rondo won't help you THAT much.

#2, Robin Lopez is bench status. If they believe Udoh can start, then I get it. If not, than its a bad deal. I believe Ekpe is an ideal bench big, who can spell either a 4 or a 5, but a starting center? I dunno if I buy THAT... So GS needs to focus on finding a legit 7-footer to start.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 pm
Guybrush wrote:If Celtics would be so insane, again, to offer Rondo for Curry straight up, Warriors would be insane twice as much if they refused it.

And 4 TOs.

Yeah, i was watching that game on TV this morning... just insane. Rondo has always been a great rebounder, but he was just boxing out, and hustling like no other. And 20 dimes. Unbelievable performance.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Guybrush wrote:If Celtics would be so insane, again, to offer Rondo for Curry straight up, Warriors would be insane twice as much if they refused it.

And 4 TOs.

Yeah, i was watching that game on TV this morning... just insane. Rondo has always been a great rebounder, but he was just boxing out, and hustling like no other. And 20 dimes. Unbelievable performance.

No doubt. Easily the best defensive PG there is, arguably the best rebounding PG... If he could hit a 3, this is a guy who would be the indisputed best player in the league. You gotta wonder if that part of his game comes with age, like JKidd. Cause GODDAMN, the dude can literally do everything else.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 pm
8th ave wrote:
The Warriors are reportedly after a big man at the trade deadline to bolster the team's frontline.

But it's also possible they could look for one in free agency next summer, it seems, if they don't land one before March 15.

From Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle: "The Warriors will consider signing Robin Lopez in the offseason."

Lopez will be a restricted free agent if the Suns tender him his $4 million qualifying offer for the 2012-13 season, so any offer the Warriors could potentially make to Lopez would be able to be matched by Phoenix.

Not exactly the Lopez I wanted but anyone would be an upgrade over Biedrins.

RLopez looks like more of a defender and rebounder than his brother though and that's a nice addition to the team as a bench big if he did come here. BLopez looks more and more soft and something to stay away from

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 pm
I wouldn't mind Robin Lopez as long as it doesn't take an outrageous contract to get him. I wish we had used the amnesty on Biedrins, what a waste.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 am
hobbes wrote:I wouldn't mind Robin Lopez as long as it doesn't take an outrageous contract to get him. I wish we had used the amnesty on Biedrins, what a waste.

Definately was a waste not getting rid of AB, but I think they had some faith that he'd get his confidence back. He's only got two more years left on his contract I think so this offseason he'd probably be valued highly as an expirer, so great in a trade

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:13 pm
hobbes wrote:I wouldn't mind Robin Lopez as long as it doesn't take an outrageous contract to get him. I wish we had used the amnesty on Biedrins, what a waste.

Do you believe either RLopez or Udoh can start?
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 pm
After watching the last couple games, wouldn't trade Ellis unless you are getting back a legit scorer.. like Howard. No one else can create on this team, with out him we would have trouble scoring 50pts in a game. (that is if Curry is out).
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:49 pm
32 wrote:

Do you believe either RLopez or Udoh can start?

I believe he'd be more serviceable than Biedrins.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball