Trade Monta already!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am
It seems as if the Ellis to the Magic are heating up, but there isn't a player on the Magic roster that would fit into what this team is trying to achieve (besides Dwight Howard). This team has to be retooled by a young player or two that can be built around. A third team would certainly have to get involved.

Sixers/Warriors/Magic trade..

The Sixers
Outgoing: Evan Turner, Nikola Vucevic and Andres Nocioni
Incoming: Jason Richardson, Daniel Orton, Dorell Wright and a future first round pick from Orlando.

They get a shooting guard that fits into what they're trying to accomplish this season and that is to compete for a title. They're 21-15 and leading the Atlantic division with Jodie Meeks as their starting shooting guard. Evan Turner has played sparingly so he won't be hugely missed. With the year that Hawes is having, its more than likely they'll resign to a long term deal. Starting line up: Holiday, Richardson, Iguodala, Brand and Hawes.

The Magic
Outgoing: Chris Duhon, Daniel Orton, Jason Richardson and a future first round pick.
Incoming: Monta Ellis

Seems like a lot to give up for the Magic, but if getting a guy like Ellis can persuade Dwight Howard to re-sign, then I think Otis Smith will do it. They don't give up any of their main pieces and their first round pick is more than likely a pick in the 20's. Starting line up: PG Nelson, Ellis, Turkuglu, Anderson and Howard.

The Warriors:
Outgoing: Monta Ellis and Dorell Wright
Incoming: Chris Duhon, Evan Turner, Andres Nocioni and Nikola Vucevic.

This adds a young, do it all, player in Evan Turner. He can defend, rebound and pass the ball. He could play the 2 or 3. They also add a young 7 foot center in Vucevic who could be a Marc Gasol type center in a few years and is probably better than any other option the Warriors have a center now. They also get some depth on the team as well.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Chris Duhon - Nate Robinson
SG Evan Turner - Klay Thompson
SF Dominic McGuire - Brandon Rush - Andres Nocioni
PF David Lee - Ekpe Udoh
C Andris Biedrins - Nikola Vucevic - Kwame Brown
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 am
rockyBeli wrote:
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:They'd be getting Okur's $10mil expiring also and maybe throw in someone's draft pick.
On 2nd thought, maybe we don't even need the Magic to be a part of it.

it's realistic to have deals centered around

Ellis for B Lopez
Curry for Rondo

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fuk it... While we're at it...

Ellis for :
Bynum
Howard
Bogut
Chandler
Noah
Hopefully as you're reading through this you'll start to realize that it won't happen. Just like how Lopez-Monta straight up won't happen.
Horford
Nene
Hibbert
Gasols
McGee

:roll:

centered around Ellis. Throw in Udoh and what have you, make it work. This rumor is out there already and it's not as far-fetched as you're making it sound. Curry for Rondo is a possibility because Celtics already offered that.

Via ESPN Insider

UPDATE: Well it looks like we won't see a deal between the Warriors and Nets that revolve around Ellis and Lopez.

The Warriors want more than that for Ellis and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports the Nets don't have any interest in trading their center for the shooting guard.

----

There was an item Tuesday about the potential of Brook Lopez going to the Golden State Warriors as part of a multi-team trade with Orlando and New Jersey.

Monta Ellis was part of the scenario, however, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, there has been no talk of getting Lopez because they're still targeting Dwight Howard.

The Warriors reportedly will consider trading Ellis if they can include Andris Biedrins, but they wouldn't do it for essentially a Lopez-for-Ellis swap.

It seems like the front office is taking your stance and NJ is taking mine. Won't happen unless we throw them something to make them think twice. At the end of the day, I'd rather be building around Curry and Lopez rather than Curry-Ellis-Lee.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:43 pm
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:They'd be getting Okur's $10mil expiring also and maybe throw in someone's draft pick.
On 2nd thought, maybe we don't even need the Magic to be a part of it.

it's realistic to have deals centered around

Ellis for B Lopez
Curry for Rondo

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fuk it... While we're at it...

Ellis for :
Bynum
Howard
Bogut
Chandler
Noah
Hopefully as you're reading through this you'll start to realize that it won't happen. Just like how Lopez-Monta straight up won't happen.
Horford
Nene
Hibbert
Gasols
McGee

:roll:

centered around Ellis. Throw in Udoh and what have you, make it work. This rumor is out there already and it's not as far-fetched as you're making it sound. Curry for Rondo is a possibility because Celtics already offered that.

Via ESPN Insider

UPDATE: Well it looks like we won't see a deal between the Warriors and Nets that revolve around Ellis and Lopez.

The Warriors want more than that for Ellis and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports the Nets don't have any interest in trading their center for the shooting guard.

----

There was an item Tuesday about the potential of Brook Lopez going to the Golden State Warriors as part of a multi-team trade with Orlando and New Jersey.

Monta Ellis was part of the scenario, however, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, there has been no talk of getting Lopez because they're still targeting Dwight Howard.

The Warriors reportedly will consider trading Ellis if they can include Andris Biedrins, but they wouldn't do it for essentially a Lopez-for-Ellis swap.

It seems like the front office is taking your stance and NJ is taking mine. Won't happen unless we throw them something to make them think twice. At the end of the day, I'd rather be building around Curry and Lopez rather than Curry-Ellis-Lee.

Lopez is not that great in my opinion. They can't even win after getting D. William who is a good PG. The problem is he doesn't play D. So, he doesn't fit what we are looking for. Not interested.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:49 pm
Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojYahooNBA

Nets have no interest in trading Brook Lopez for a Monta Ellis package, league source tells Y!

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:53 pm
I would take the risk on Lopez only because he is a young center, only because of the impatience and stagnant movement of the warriors the last couple of years, I do believe they are a couple of players away from contention of playoffs, infact I still hold hope this years team could slid into the playoffs, but this team is too inconsistent, and the injury to Curry has not helped.

For a young big man pull the trigger, Monta has been the ultimate warrior and has kept his value for what he gets paid if he gets us a piece that will help in the future am all for it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:00 pm
I think we all agree, there are a ton of factors. I mean, we start with:

Monta > Lopez

But then we also take into account that, as far as value:

Centers > Shooting guards

As a team in dire straights inside, we also might say the Warriors would say their bigger need is:

Inside defense > perimeter defense

Offensive, too. You could say their needs lie within:

Post scoring > perimeter scoring

Yet, we can all agree, Brook Lopez should command over $11 million a year. Ellis is worth exactly that, but for shorter. Contractually, it seems the better investment is:

Ellis > Lopez

Hmmmm.... Lotta factors coming into play. I like the idea of getting Lopez, but most KNBR callers are disagreeing. Guess we'll never know.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:09 pm
At least one thing seems to be going on here for sure, and that's that Warriors and Magic are really talking about some trade options. First it was that Warriors are interested in Howard, then it was that possible three teams trade involving Warriors, Magic and Nets, and now this, Magic openly asking about Ellis. So, I believe something is going to happen. Usually it does when there is this much talk, and not centered on only one trading option, which would look like a smokescreen, so we fans could say that our FO is doing something.

I just hope Magic can find a third team, so we could get center in return for Ellis. Though, I wouldn't mind getting rid of Dorell alongside Ellis, he still has some value, even though he sucks this year. Or the best option would be to get rid of Biedrins and his huge contract along Ellis, for some nice parts. I wouldn't even say Lee is untouchable.

And just to make it straight, I'm not hating on Dorell, I just believe that he plays awful this season, and I would like to see McGuire and Rush play more at the SF position.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:54 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:It seems as if the Ellis to the Magic are heating up, but there isn't a player on the Magic roster that would fit into what this team is trying to achieve (besides Dwight Howard). This team has to be retooled by a young player or two that can be built around. A third team would certainly have to get involved.

Sixers/Warriors/Magic trade..

The Sixers
Outgoing: Evan Turner, Nikola Vucevic and Andres Nocioni
Incoming: Jason Richardson, Daniel Orton, Dorell Wright and a future first round pick from Orlando.

They get a shooting guard that fits into what they're trying to accomplish this season and that is to compete for a title. They're 21-15 and leading the Atlantic division with Jodie Meeks as their starting shooting guard. Evan Turner has played sparingly so he won't be hugely missed. With the year that Hawes is having, its more than likely they'll resign to a long term deal. Starting line up: Holiday, Richardson, Iguodala, Brand and Hawes.

The Magic
Outgoing: Chris Duhon, Daniel Orton, Jason Richardson and a future first round pick.
Incoming: Monta Ellis

Seems like a lot to give up for the Magic, but if getting a guy like Ellis can persuade Dwight Howard to re-sign, then I think Otis Smith will do it. They don't give up any of their main pieces and their first round pick is more than likely a pick in the 20's. Starting line up: PG Nelson, Ellis, Turkuglu, Anderson and Howard.

The Warriors:
Outgoing: Monta Ellis and Dorell Wright
Incoming: Chris Duhon, Evan Turner, Andres Nocioni and Nikola Vucevic.

This adds a young, do it all, player in Evan Turner. He can defend, rebound and pass the ball. He could play the 2 or 3. They also add a young 7 foot center in Vucevic who could be a Marc Gasol type center in a few years and is probably better than any other option the Warriors have a center now. They also get some depth on the team as well.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Chris Duhon - Nate Robinson
SG Evan Turner - Klay Thompson
SF Dominic McGuire - Brandon Rush - Andres Nocioni
PF David Lee - Ekpe Udoh
C Andris Biedrins - Nikola Vucevic - Kwame Brown

I just don't see that helps Philly at all, because I heard they like Nikola and Turner. Those two are solid player and help them with depth. The only player worth for them is J Rich. Orton and Wright is useless and what they need is a superstar not more role players they have enough role players already.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm
GSW send out: Monta, Rush, Kwame
GSW receive : Okafor, Ariza, Duhon

ORL send out : 1st round pick, Redick, Duhon, Clark
ORL receive: Monta

NOR send out: Okafor, Ariza
NOR receives: ORL 1st, Reddick, Rush, Kwame, Clark

Two questions are if Orlando is willing to part with Reddick (suspect not) and if expiring contracts + low cost role players+ late 1st round pick is enough for New Orleans (suspect so).
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am
We can't trade Kwame!! I keep repeating it, but an injured player cannot be dealt (no, not even "just his contract with no intention of playing).

And aside from that... No offense, but I don't wanna give up our 1st and 2nd string SG's for 3 draft busts (2 of which have ridiculous contracts). Okafor is another 4 being forced to play the 5 (for lack of talent), Ariza hasn't been consistent outside of LA, and Duhon is useless outside of a D'Antonni patterned system. We lose Monta without acquiring a bonafide starter (just 2 shoulda been 6th-men and one bench player who should be 3rd string behind Steph and Nate).

I know earlier I said I was willing to move Monta just to move him, but taking back 2 big contracts with zero upside isn't what I had in mind.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 am
I don't like Lopez.4 rebounds per game is ridiculous for a 7 footer. I think a more realistic scenario would be Monta for Caman and Curry for Rondo. That would transform the Warriors right now.
PG Rondo
SG Klay
SF Mcguire
PF Lee
C Caman
That is a much more defensive, hard, tall, rebounding team. Throw in Rush in the SF if you want more points and you are ok. With Klay, Udoh Tyler, Jenkins improving each year we might have a good future also.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 am
TRON wrote:I don't like Lopez.4 rebounds per game is ridiculous for a 7 footer. I think a more realistic scenario would be Monta for Caman and Curry for Rondo. That would transform the Warriors right now.
PG Rondo
SG Klay
SF Mcguire
PF Lee
C Caman
That is a much more defensive, hard, tall, rebounding team. Throw in Rush in the SF if you want more points and you are ok. With Klay, Udoh Tyler, Jenkins improving each year we might have a good future also.

Like it. I heard Celtics were offering Rondo for Curry earlier but the W's rejected. I think that's a deal you have to do. Dude's an all star, mean competitor, floor general, & leader. This team could use that huh.

trade for Rondo and Gasol...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7l73ab7

Yes Gasol has that huge contract but ... Rondo / Klay / McGuire / D Lee / P Gasol > anything we have now, and good for the next 3 yrs.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 am
Not sure why Lakers would do this. I consider Gasol soft and i want this team to get real mean. Plus he is a PF. If Celtics are willing to gamble on AB i would prefer a deal with them for Allen + Rondo for Curry + AB. Alen can give much needed leadership to our young team and be the perfect role model for Klay. I would split the SG minutes between them in half starting Allen and turning to Klay as he improves.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:20 pm
Hornets just acquired Eric Gordon as the centerpiece of their Chris Paul trade.

Why would they trade Kaman for Ellis?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 pm
Is Gordon going to sign extension with the Hornets, or not?
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball