Game Thread: Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks 2012-02-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm
Golden State Warriors (13 - 18) @ Atlanta Hawks (20 - 14)

Start time: 4:30 PM PST @ The Philips Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Atlanta Hawks:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Zaza Pachulia
PF - John Smith
SF - Marvin Williams
SG - Kirk Hinrich
PG - Jeff Teague

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (22.4) | J. Johnson (17.6)
RPG - D. Lee (9.8) | J. Smith (9.6)
APG - S. Curry (6.2) | J. Teague (4.4)
SPG - S. Curry (1.8) | J. Teague (1.7)
BPG - E. Udoh (1.7) | J. Smith (2.1)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:32 pm
+10 after first half, yie bebe.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm
New lineup with Ellis at point Wright at SG McGuire at SF David Lee at PF and AB at Center. A balance lineup Ellis and David Lee at the scoring options Wright and McGuire do everything else and AB just body to foul people. A balance lineup doing very well against the Hawks on the road.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:51 pm
Ellis is just a shot missing machine, especially when Curry isn't around to make him think twice about hogging the ball
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 am
nice toughness at the end.
fek, Nate Robinson is starting to remind me why other teams cut him. he's either all or nothing. if he's not making crazy shots he's bringing down the collective bball iq of the team. never understood how a 5'10 dude in the nba isn't a pass-first type of player.

more McGuire and Klay, less DWright and Nate. natural defenders like McGuire probably help the coach's defensive vision for the team look more like a possibility..
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 am
Eh, I don't mind tick for DWright. He's having an off-shooting year, but he's bring nearly 5 boards, 2 assists, and a steal per game. Sure, next to McGuire, his defense has looked unenthusiastic this season, but he's still a lengthy pest for most of the opposition. I don't think he's the problem.

I agree about Nate, though. I'm almost ready to dub him the Anti-LeBron; cause until the 4th quarter, he can't find any offensive rhythm... But, man, has he lit it up in the clutch this year. Compounding the issue is the fact that despite his cold shooting quarters 1 through 3, the team seems to respond to his energy all throughout the game. He's been a pretty consistent catalyst when the Warriors need a spark.

And I don't think I need to elaborate any further detailing my love for Dominic McGuire, do I? As the guy whose comparing him to Rodman, it's pretty clear that I think the Warriors excell whenever DM5 is on the floor, regardless of position. He's a suffocating, gritty, infectiously hard-working defender and his offensive game is based entirely on using his surprisingly all-encompassing fundamental skills to set-up teammates; be it off-ball screens, running (or setting) pick-and-roll offense, or making smart chess-like passes. If you ask me, DWright should be HIS backup.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 pm
rockyBeli wrote:nice toughness at the end.
fek, Nate Robinson is starting to remind me why other teams cut him. he's either all or nothing. if he's not making crazy shots he's bringing down the collective bball iq of the team. never understood how a 5'10 dude in the nba isn't a pass-first type of player.

more McGuire and Klay, less DWright and Nate. natural defenders like McGuire probably help the coach's defensive vision for the team look more like a possibility..

i love the way Nate plays... speciall on D. I think he needs to be an offensive threat so teams don't sag off of him. Plus he has some good passes and setup to Udoh. Love the energy though. I think in a game like this, he is forcing it a bit since no one else was scoring.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to Game Threads