Jeremy Lin

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 pm
It is only 3 games, but Lin for All-Star, I forgot one season Yao Ming was limited on the court and played only a few games but because of the Chinese vote he was a starter, lol.

I do know he is a Taiwanese but he is getting alot of love from the Asian fans, hey can't be mad at that.

I honestly did not think he would develop the way he has, one thing is for sure the kid is a hard worker, and humble nothing but success for him. Keep Baron on the bench Lin he doesnt not deserve to play, lazy bum.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:44 pm
Jeremy Lin keeps on looking good for the Knicks, and Warrior just let a talent asset and gold mine away from franchise. Man Lacob must be fuming sooner rather than later at whoever told him to cut Lin.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm
I'm still not sold on Lin. I have to watch some Knicks games first, before I pass any judgment. But Lin was never a fast guy, nor a strong one, he wasn't really good at driving to the basket, his court vision was ok at best...I can't see how all of a sudden when he goes to the East Coast team, New York non the less, he starts to play amazing basketball, and gets 13 FTs against the Lakers. I'm still positive that even I could have kept him to a lower scoring game. Remember, he also sucked at Houston, and was cut as well...it's not just the Warriors FO, he really looked like a below average player. I was never a fan of his, cause he never did anything that would make me think he could be special while he was here. He had a good defensive game, at that was it. I'm still scratching my head over this...
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:58 pm
38 tonight. Lacob must be kicking himself. Not only from a wins and losses standpoint, but from ticket sales. If Lin was doing that here, there wouldn't be an empty seat the rest of the year.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 pm
hobbes wrote:38 tonight. Lacob must be kicking himself. Not only from a wins and losses standpoint, but from ticket sales. If Lin was doing that here, there wouldn't be an empty seat the rest of the year.

Yeah, that's the point you can't argue with. Though, Oracle is always full, great fans here. :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:26 pm
Guybrush wrote:I'm still not sold on Lin. I have to watch some Knicks games first, before I pass any judgment. But Lin was never a fast guy, nor a strong one, he wasn't really good at driving to the basket, his court vision was ok at best...I can't see how all of a sudden when he goes to the East Coast team, New York non the less, he starts to play amazing basketball, and gets 13 FTs against the Lakers. I'm still positive that even I could have kept him to a lower scoring game. Remember, he also sucked at Houston, and was cut as well...it's not just the Warriors FO, he really looked like a below average player. I was never a fan of his, cause he never did anything that would make me think he could be special while he was here. He had a good defensive game, at that was it. I'm still scratching my head over this...

He can't shoot outside 6 feet. Teams haven't figured that out yet somehow. When the defense sags off him around the 3 point line, he'll be less effective. But as everyone saw in his summer league play, he's obviously an above average dribble-drive slasher. Here's hoping teams don't figure out his lack of stroke cause, seriously, Lin (while streaky) is not a good shooter from anywhere outside. Clever finisher at the rim, though.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 pm
32 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I'm still not sold on Lin. I have to watch some Knicks games first, before I pass any judgment. But Lin was never a fast guy, nor a strong one, he wasn't really good at driving to the basket, his court vision was ok at best...I can't see how all of a sudden when he goes to the East Coast team, New York non the less, he starts to play amazing basketball, and gets 13 FTs against the Lakers. I'm still positive that even I could have kept him to a lower scoring game. Remember, he also sucked at Houston, and was cut as well...it's not just the Warriors FO, he really looked like a below average player. I was never a fan of his, cause he never did anything that would make me think he could be special while he was here. He had a good defensive game, at that was it. I'm still scratching my head over this...

He can't shoot outside 6 feet. Teams haven't figured that out yet somehow. When the defense sags off him around the 3 point line, he'll be less effective. But as everyone saw in his summer league play, he's obviously an above average dribble-drive slasher. Here's hoping teams don't figure out his lack of stroke cause, seriously, Lin (while streaky) is not a good shooter from anywhere outside. Clever finisher at the rim, though.

32, did you bother to watch tonight's game? Lin made several jumpers and in the clutch, no less. He showed an all-around game tonight. Can't believe people are still shrugging him off. Everyone thought the first three games were a fluke and that it was going to be a different story against the fakers. Oops. Truth is, if he was still here and had a 4 game stretch like this, none of us, Not One of Us would have a pair of dry pants. And you know it.

The guy is a winner, always has been. How much longer must teams overrate "freak athleticism" and neglect guys who know how to play the game and are driven to work their asses off to improve not only their own game but the rest of their teammates?

He might not be the second coming of Nash or whatever everyone is wanting to proclaim right now, but you must sit on a pretty high horse if you're not impressed and are still writing him off.

edit: I realize I might have overacted to your "can't shoot outside 6 feet" comment, hence my post. Nevertheless, it seems to me a lot of warriors fans would rather dismiss what he's doing than face the growing emotional abyss of another talent that got away.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm
He is a talent that got away, and I wish him the best. I really liked his defense when he was here, but he always seemed afraid on offense. I think being let go by two teams gave him the now or never mentality, and he broke through. Good for him. You would never know
If he could have done this for us. I still think Curry is a better PG, but if Lin keeps improving I might think Linis better because he can defend. I wish he was on our bench producing like this, but it just was not meant to be.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 pm
People say he wasn't good with the Warriors with the time that he had to play with and I agree. The thing is we didn't see him play this year after the off season he work his butt off and improve. Sure he wouldn't have the chance to play significant, but Warriors lost a asset in a package for trade chip and his game has improve from last season. He knows how to utilize his strengths to the fullest even against pressure from other teams.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 pm
C mon lets be realistic he always seem hesitant and defer especially when he played with Monta. Often just letting monta go iso. Interesting to see if he will do that when Melo and Amare is back.

I am like 32 thought that Jlin was a suspect shooter but he worked his butt of and it shows. Happy for the kid, but it old of never happened here in GS, period. Honestly, I think we need to take a step back and trade away maybe Monta and just let curry and Klay grow.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 am
wow, 38 points last night and what a week. talk about stars aligning right for someone, right place and time. knicks should trade melo now lol cos when he returns it's ball hogging time again and lin's star will fall.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:10 am
I haven't posted on this site in a couple years now I think but I just checked in because I wanted to see what you guys were saying about Lin. Some older members might remember that I'm a knick fan (and of course a warriors fan) so to see a player I liked on the warriors turn into a monster on the knicks is ****ing great.

After four games though guys, one of which was against the lakers, you have to start believing he's the real deal, I'm not saying he's gonna put up these numbers consistently, but something like 15-17 and 6 seems in the realm of possibility.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:14 am
Look, i love the guy! I was totally all about Lin when he was here for the simple reason that D'Antonni loves him: he's a pick and roll machine! I think he would have worked famously with David Lee in a change-up spot off the bench with a bigger 2 (like Rush). The man has game... But is he a 20 and 8 point guard? Does anyone believe THAT hard already?

I think he's decent, but I'm betting his end of season numbers rest a little closer to 14 and 5, which (like I said) is decent, but I can't fully buy into "Lin-sanity" until I see other teams go under on a screen with him. They play him along the 3-point line like he's Ray Allen. Of course he's been slashing like crazy. But NBA teams make adjustments.

And to answer the question on whether I've watched him? Absolutely. 2 of his big 4 games (including tonight), AND everything I saw with Golden State in summer league, limited time, and during the "We Believe vs Dubs" game). My observation of his game involves a weakness when teams turn him into a jump shooter. Prove me wrong.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:21 am
32 wrote:Look, i love the guy! I was totally all about Lin when he was here for the simple reason that D'Antonni loves him: he's a pick and roll machine! I think he would have worked famously with David Lee in a change-up spot off the bench with a bigger 2 (like Rush). The man has game... But is he a 20 and 8 point guard? Does anyone believe THAT hard already?

I think he's decent, but I'm betting his end of season numbers rest a little closer to 14 and 5, which (like I said) is decent, but I can't fully buy into "Lin-sanity" until I see other teams go under on a screen with him. They play him along the 3-point line like he's Ray Allen. Of course he's been slashing like crazy. But NBA teams make adjustments.

And to answer the question on whether I've watched him? Absolutely. 2 of his big 4 games (including tonight), AND everything I saw with Golden State in summer league, limited time, and during the "We Believe vs Dubs" game). My observation of his game involves a weakness when teams turn him into a jump shooter. Prove me wrong.

These are good points, and I agree 20 and 8 for the year seems silly to expect, but when the kid is playing with poise against the Lakers and draining game clinching threes its hard not to get excited. According to kobe they watched tape of him, so there was some amount of preparation.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 am
jimbob631 wrote:I haven't posted on this site in a couple years now I think but I just checked in because I wanted to see what you guys were saying about Lin. Some older members might remember that I'm a knick fan (and of course a warriors fan) so to see a player I liked on the warriors turn into a monster on the knicks is ****ing great.

After four games though guys, one of which was against the lakers, you have to start believing he's the real deal, I'm not saying he's gonna put up these numbers consistently, but something like 15-17 and 6 seems in the realm of possibility.

Welcome Back Jimbob... I certainly remember you.

I think Lin will be a great contributor to NBA teams. But I think he will eventually cool off. I remember 2 seasons ago, when Andre Blatche had some monster stretch and everyone thought they were seeing then next great thing. He quickly cooled down after 8-10 games. I think Lin is smart enough (and dedicated enough) where he will continue to improve on his game, so he can be successful in this leagues.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball