Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 am
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Raiders should fire their D coordinator. Dude sucked at creating effective blitzes and it exposed our team against the pass all season. I give him credit against the run this season, as it was better than previous years, but against the pass really killed us.

I say keep John Fassel (special teams) and Al Saunders (o-coordinator). Both have been good enough at their respective roles.

Missing Chris Johnson most of the season hurt... (& NnamdiAsomugha departure too) ... I'd like to keep Rod Woodson around as I think he can teach our secondary a thing or two... But yeah. Chuck Bresnahan needs to be fired and we need to go get Jack Del Rio to be our playcaller on D.

Completely agree pawno. :D Try to get Del Rio, he's a tough guy who would utilize the D to the best of their ability. And keeping Woodson is a good idea as well.

Our secondary has been good enough when you factor in all the injuries to Chris Johnson, Michael Huff. Woodson helped Giodono have a great season, and Branch has his best season as a pro. Routt was average, very it and miss. Hopefully the raiders use one of their few draft picks on a corner. I still am not sold on Van Dyke.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 pm
I do believe pawno and I have a score to settle...
Alex: 90.7
Campbell: 84.2

Alex did slip a little but it was still good enough to hold on and win me that Sig bet... I'll whip something up for you this weekend pawndawg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 am
New GM for the raiders.... Reggie McKenzie (former Raider player, was in charge of player development in Green Bay)... Great Hire!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 am
Should Hue Jackson be fired? McKenzie will be evaluating the coaching staff today.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 pm
Am not sure what to make of the Hue Jackson firing, new regime, guess younger Davis showing who the boss is now.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:01 pm
Yeah.. Im a big HueJax fan.. The names being tossed around are Green Bay defensive coaches & in this raiders fans eyes means its a step backward cause the Green Bay defense is horrible.

mind you.. Im realistic.. Im not going around saying we should get Bill Cowher. tony Dungy or John Gruden (allthough Gruden is the likeliest of those candidates)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 am
Dungy is retired. Cowher likes being an analysis. Gruden is unlikely to return.... Expect the next raider coach to be Winton Moss.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:33 pm
Alright so I know I'm way late on getting this out, but I haven't had much free time over the past couple of weeks - my photoshop job certainly suffered as you can see...

I took this picture of a Denver fan sporting a Tim Jesus Tebow Jersey:

And found this almost perfect photo of pawno looking over his shoulder:

And we have:

I admit, it's not even close to my best work, but it'll do.

Enjoy another awesome custom sig Pawno!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:07 pm
Whats everyone think of our new coach.. Dennis Allen?

I think Raiders go backwards before they go forward. a Rookie Coach with a Rookie GM is a bad mix!!! 6-10/7-9 season unless Carson Palmer plays lights out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm
I think they will be better in the long run though... this team looks like it will have a solid foundation when it is all said and done. Having more brains wrapped around this team will benefit us.

I agree, I expect next year to be a losing season (unless we get a new, solid O-Coordinator or Saunders returns).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 am
It looks ilke Pawno has the "tuck" game as his profile pick. Last month was the 10 year anniversary.

That game (or that terrible moment) was the realization that I was a Raider fan. Most of my family and friends were Niner Fans, so I had their influence. However, something about the raiders attracted me. But after that robbery of a call (don't care if it was in the rules, that's a fumble), I knew I was a raider fan (and only a raider fan).

Here is to 10 years as a sole raider fan!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:25 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:It looks ilke Pawno has the "tuck" game as his profile pick. Last month was the 10 year anniversary.

That game (or that terrible moment) was the realization that I was a Raider fan. Most of my family and friends were Niner Fans, so I had their influence. However, something about the raiders attracted me. But after that robbery of a call (don't care if it was in the rules, that's a fumble), I knew I was a raider fan (and only a raider fan).

Here is to 10 years as a sole raider fan!!!

10 year anniversary of the Tuck Rule & Brady got Tucked the **** up in the Superbowl by Justin Tuck...

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:27 pm
Hey Mr.C

Did you see we hired Stanfords CO-Defensive CoOrdinator (Inside Linebackers coach) to be our Raiders DC.

Interesting move... I kind of like it. Dude spent the last 10 years or so with the 49'ers Organization with last year moving to Stanford, So he could be credited with the development of Patrick Willis.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 pm
hope so... Stanford is the college team I root for, so I am hoping it works well... Raiders going with a young core staff, so I am hoping for something special.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:05 pm
I have been pretty impressed with the Raiders moves this off-season. Finally acting like a normal organization.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board