Jeremy Lin

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:08 am
Anybody see Jeremy Lin last night? 25 points, 7 assists, 5 boards. Everyone talks about how we wasted our amnesty to free up space for an offer for DeAndre Jordan that was quickly matched. We also waived Lin to clear cap space as well. Oops.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 am
hobbes wrote:Anybody see Jeremy Lin last night? 25 points, 7 assists, 5 boards. Everyone talks about how we wasted our amnesty to free up space for an offer for DeAndre Jordan that was quickly matched. We also waived Lin to clear cap space as well. Oops.

Yeahh. At the time, it was a debate between him and Jenkins as to who was the better prospect. Lin is definitely flashy in spurts (he looked great in the Dubs vs We Believe game), but I admittedly was (and still am) on the Charles Jenkins wagon. He's a bigger body and more of a true point guard; though Lin breaks down defenses with his handle and can definitely stroke when the stars are aligned.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm
Well, I'm still a big advocate of Jenkins but Lin wasnt let go for bad D instead it was his offense. Lin's D was pretty good. Plus, things he did with last nights game is personnel base. We don't have a Chandler to throw lob to. Wish Lin the best!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 pm
32 wrote:
hobbes wrote:Anybody see Jeremy Lin last night? 25 points, 7 assists, 5 boards. Everyone talks about how we wasted our amnesty to free up space for an offer for DeAndre Jordan that was quickly matched. We also waived Lin to clear cap space as well. Oops.

Yeahh. At the time, it was a debate between him and Jenkins as to who was the better prospect. Lin is definitely flashy in spurts (he looked great in the Dubs vs We Believe game), but I admittedly was (and still am) on the Charles Jenkins wagon. He's a bigger body and more of a true point guard; though Lin breaks down defenses with his handle and can definitely stroke when the stars are aligned.

Holy ****! Welcome back, man! :D :D :D
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 pm
Lin had another great night... 28 points.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 pm
Amazing. Lacob must be fuming.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm
Product of D'Antoni's pick and roll offense he would be able to do the same thing here.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:38 am
D3 (who gets zero analytical credit from me) made a decent point: there hasn't been a scouting report for him the past 2 games. Adjustment by the D is coming. But I'm more concerned with what happens when Carmelo and A'Mare get back. If Lin thinks he still gets 20 attempts a night when the superstars return, he's mistaken. Minor storyline also: what do these breakout performances mean for the returning Baron Davis (who many experts were predicting to roar onto the scene ready to fix the Knicks' PG problems)? Interesting, interesting topic for sure.

8th ave wrote:Holy ****! Welcome back, man! :D :D :D

:D Thanks, bro! Looks like you should still be holding down the sig & avatar awards, yeah? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:34 pm
I'm baffled at the comparisons on twitter to Jermey Lin being basketballs version of Tim Tebow
*Yes I've heard it.. You just need to search the 2 names.

Raiders made the right decision by cutting Lin. He is not going to win us a championship & all he has had is some flash in the pan games
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 pm
I'm going to listen & catch up on my First Take podcasts today & I'm going to throw my ipod out the window if I hear Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith debating this guy.

No one get upset that Jeremy Lin is gone... We already have a crowded backcourt in Monta Ellis & Steph Curry. (& I'd prefer our backup players in that backup over Lin anyday. Nate/Rush>>>LIN)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm
PAWNO wrote:I'm baffled at the comparisons on twitter to Jermey Lin being basketballs version of Tim Tebow
*Yes I've heard it.. You just need to search the 2 names.

Raiders made the right decision by cutting Lin. He is not going to win us a championship & all he has had is some flash in the pan games

Yeah he wasn't good in the redzone and couldn't get it done on 3rd down. 8)
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 pm
Lin's overrated. His star won't shine for long. [-(

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 pm
Lin 3 consecutive game playing well helping the knicks beat scrub teams. Warriors starter can't take advantage of easy win when they have the advantage.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:12 am
At the very least, we can all admit that D'Antonni's system is making Jeremy Lin look extremely potent. Dunno if he performs like that in our offense (or any slower scheme), but role players like Quentin Richardson have blown up large on the Mike D'Antonni Statistically-BALCO'd, offensive gravy train. I wouldn't yet say I'm a "believer", but I'm willing to admit that he looks like he'll at least be a streaky bench spark plug in NY.

But am I willing to believe New York found something that Houston and Golden State never saw? Absolutely not. The question becomes how long can Lin maintain this level of play and what sort of streak he needs to put together in order to be seen as legit?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:31 am
I dunno how long Lin will last putting up numbers like he has... but being fellow Palo Alto native, I am rooting for him!!!
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball