Should we tank?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:34 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Also got to remember amnesty of beans would have left us with no Center. Plus his expiring contract may be an asset in a year. Not the smartest move if they really wanted Jordan, but I don't think they wanted him that bad. I think the go for B Lopez this summer or McGee. If not just bring back Kwame and see what you can get out of Tyler.

They wanted him bad enough to sign him to a 42.7 million dollar offer sheet?

Granted, here's hoping the 4-year investment hamstrings the Clippers when it's time to resign Blake and CP3, but I don't see the Warriors floating a +$10 million per for someone they were iffy about. Unless that person is named Elton Brand (thank GOD he didn't sign with us).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 pm
PAWNO wrote:If the Warriors want to attract free agents they must win now.. if not now, they never will.

Why do people get so allured about 1st round picks? stupid mentality of a warriors fan who's witnessed 20 years of losing so they can get excited about the front office drafting (Todd Fullers, Adonal Foyles & Ike Digous)

/=uck it ... Lets win now & show a free agent like Dwight Howard that Mark Jackson is the real deal as a coach. if you guys wanna tank... why not just follow the New Jersey Nets???

This team not good enough to get into the playoffs or win a series. Dwight want to win championship not just get into the playoffs he already went to the playoffs. Brook Lopez is restricted, JaVale McGee is restricted, and Roy Hibbert restricted so Warriors going to have to put a lot of money going over the cap.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:56 am
fullmetalx wrote:
PAWNO wrote:If the Warriors want to attract free agents they must win now.. if not now, they never will.

Why do people get so allured about 1st round picks? stupid mentality of a warriors fan who's witnessed 20 years of losing so they can get excited about the front office drafting (Todd Fullers, Adonal Foyles & Ike Digous)

/=uck it ... Lets win now & show a free agent like Dwight Howard that Mark Jackson is the real deal as a coach. if you guys wanna tank... why not just follow the New Jersey Nets???

This team not good enough to get into the playoffs or win a series. Dwight want to win championship not just get into the playoffs he already went to the playoffs. Brook Lopez is restricted, JaVale McGee is restricted, and Roy Hibbert restricted so Warriors going to have to put a lot of money going over the cap.

Which, Lacob claims, isn't a problem. Money is no longer the issue, but I'm telling you guys: you gotta feverishly overpay for a superstar. It wasn't so long ago that MSG was a barren, desolate ghost town, but once the Knicks overpaid A'Mare to go there, suddenly it's a big market, star-studded team. A'Mare was the key: once they got him, it became an attractive destination for other superstars to go to. Because the only thing the modern NBA star wants more than a trio of gladiator-level savages is a ridiculous contract. You overpay for someone and suddenly Dwight opens his mind to coming here. You saw he added the Clippers to his list once they got CP3.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:27 pm
I agree, regardless of the sport, superstars never warrant their disproportionate contracts. Contracts and talent reach a certain point where they intersect, at that point you have the best yield, after that you rarely see anyone's talent level is in proportion with their contract.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 pm
Aren't we already tanking?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:41 am
Touché. Does it matter if our hearts are into it?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 am
Imagine if it was. We would play the bench and we would end up in the play-offs. Lol.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 pm
8th ave wrote:Aren't we already tanking?

I gotta be honest I've felt like we were tanking since early in the season. If a team is talented enough to have this many 4th quarter leads (some of them big leads) it doesn't make sense that they could lose this many. I feel like I'm watching the same game night after night where they play a competitive game and blow it late. Even thinking back to that Heat game that we won where Monta didn't get a shot off in regulation, I have never seen that at any level of basketball. Either Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches of all time or we're tanking because I really haven't seen any improvement, just the same stupid mistakes.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 am
GS23 wrote:
8th ave wrote:Aren't we already tanking?

I gotta be honest I've felt like we were tanking since early in the season. If a team is talented enough to have this many 4th quarter leads (some of them big leads) it doesn't make sense that they could lose this many. I feel like I'm watching the same game night after night where they play a competitive game and blow it late. Even thinking back to that Heat game that we won where Monta didn't get a shot off in regulation, I have never seen that at any level of basketball. Either Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches of all time or we're tanking because I really haven't seen any improvement, just the same stupid mistakes.

Tonight Steven Jackson got the ball at the end of the forth with a chance to tie the suns, but didn't even get a shot offf, he went into a double team and picked up his dribble. Just a terrible play. So it does happen to other teams too. Some how we just find ways to lose though.... We are playing some good basketball, but can't close out games. Maybe because we are second youngest team in the league?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 pm
Sadly - tanking seems like a decent option at the moment... :(

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 pm
Look out east those teams are too bad for the warriors to tank, this team should be fighting for the last playoff spot, yeah I said it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 pm
Only way we can truly tank is if we trade Monta and shut down Curry for an extended period of time. There are a lot of teams worse than us, so really the only way we'll retain that pick is if we luck out in the lotto. To guarantee we keep our pick we need to be a bottom 4 team in the league, which just isn't gonna happen with teams like the Bobcats, Hornets, Pistons, Raptors, etc.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:13 pm
GOD DAMMIT WHY ARE WE STILL WINNING!??!?!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:25 am
I dont know but i can tell you that you will look at our roster in 15 days and you can't recognize it. Lot of movement that indicate that the roster is about to change dramatically. I believe FO are sick and tired of this roster.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 am
Well, they should be...it's like every season is repeating every single year for us. That's worse than sucking for 5 years, and then going to the playoffs afterwards, by building a good team during those awful years. Here it's just mediocre, mediocre and more mediocre basketball every damn year. Nothing changes. It's like we're waiting for Monta to grow few inches taller or something like that...so annoying.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball