Should we tank?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 am
I know it's early but some conclusion's can already be made.
1. This team ceiling is the 8th seed for the playoffs.
2. Our bench is better than our starters.
3. 3-4 of our starters must change to turn our team for the better.
Take note that:
1. This will be on of the most talented draft in recent year's.
2. Our starters are pretty untradeble.
3. No superstar wants to play for us.
So it seams very logical that instead of pursuing that 8th seed which even if accomplished i don't know what supposed to mean, we should focus on 3 things.
1. Develop our rookies, they all showed promise.
2. Tank the season to protect our draft pick.
3. Trade any starter except Curry for an other draft pick. (I don't think that it will come as a shock to point out that even that will be difficult).
Sorry if i seam pessimistic, but i want to be realistic.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 am
Toss in the fact we only keep our pick if it is Top 7.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:47 am
I'd like to keep this upcoming draft pick, but not trade our very good players for just other high draft picks, we can and should get much more. Look for trades this offseason like mad, focussing on defense, while not getting a whole lot worse on offense

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:01 am
Agreed on keeping our draft pick if possible. Not sure if trading one of our veterans for another rookie is the answer, I would rather try and package a couple people for an established veteran star. Much easier said than done, as you stated earlier, no superstar wants to come here.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm
hobbes wrote:Agreed on keeping our draft pick if possible. Not sure if trading one of our veterans for another rookie is the answer, I would rather try and package a couple people for an established veteran star. Much easier said than done, as you stated earlier, no superstar wants to come here.

Yes i would prefer that too but i get the feeling nobody wants our veterans, they believe they have overpaid contracts or plane and simple that they are not good enough.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:59 pm
convince Kings to combine the team with warriors, thats the only way to make us good.

cousin
david lee
wright
evan
curry
6th man ellis

there thats a good team

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:13 pm
Comon guys you think the Warriors are smart enough to tank this season to get high draft pick and maybe have a chance with Anthony Davis? That would be too good to be true. If that happens the sky is falling and the world about to explode. We all know Warriors going to play hard throughout the season and win enough games to lose their draft pick and few years from now Warriors look back they could of had one of those good players. The only worthy player that everyone would want it Curry who has special potential. Everyone else are solid players, and can be found easily.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:34 am
We are 7-12 and in 13th spot.

Dallas is 14-9 in the 4th spot. We only have three more losses then them.
Lakers 13-9, 8th spot. Avian only 3 more losses. We really aren't that behind. A couple wins strong together and we are in hunt for 8th spot. And 8th and 4th are so close togther, any team could go on a kissing streak and increase our odds. Just saying season is not lost. Still more then 45 games to play.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:15 am
Strike two

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2 ... -kings-90/

I agree we are not far away for the 8th seed but as i mention earlier so what. Is this team have more potential than challenge for the play-offs? We must make an extreme makeover and the quickest and more realistic way of doing it is through the draft.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm
Got to love the bench! Keep them intact! Sign Robinson, Rush to an extension... and if you can Kwame. Sign Jenkins and Tyler for cheap... Jenkins can be a good 3rd string PG and Tyler has huge upside... he may develop into a starting C, but that is a bit to much to think about now.

We could use Kwame's Defense and size right now.... let's see if we can bring them back. I think that we keep this team intact, let Ellis, and Beans contract expire or trade em in the last year, and either promote Klay, Rush, Tyler to starters after they have been able to build some experience and get a new bench.... I think blowing up the team is the wrong way... it takes you back... letting it grow and shedding Beans, D Wright, and maybe monta, in their last year of contract would make more sense.....

But for now I like the team even if we lose. Why? because we are young and we have a lot of promising pieces. I just hope we just don't keep trading our talent for worse pieces that wont last..

Go Warriors!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 pm
Every year after the "We Believe" season, Warriors fans have clamored to tank. I dunno if Lacob is on board; I think he'd rather model his franchise after the NY Yankees and just buy talent from other squads. Problem is, to open the flood gates and get stars, you usually have to show that you're willing to overpay (and I don't mean a measly $13 million/per for David Lee; I'm talking around $20 million for someone).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm
32 wrote:Every year after the "We Believe" season, Warriors fans have clamored to tank. I dunno if Lacob is on board; I think he'd rather model his franchise after the NY Yankees and just buy talent from other squads. Problem is, to open the flood gates and get stars, you usually have to show that you're willing to overpay (and I don't mean a measly $13 million/per for David Lee; I'm talking around $20 million for someone).

I don't mind the overpaying, but you got to be smart about the overpay and what you have on the roster. Lacob wasted the amnesty on Charlie Bell where he could of use it on AB save it for who ever gets over pay. I like that he trying, but he needs to be smarter about his transactions and not waste a golden opportunity like one time amnesty.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 pm
fullmetalx wrote:
32 wrote:Every year after the "We Believe" season, Warriors fans have clamored to tank. I dunno if Lacob is on board; I think he'd rather model his franchise after the NY Yankees and just buy talent from other squads. Problem is, to open the flood gates and get stars, you usually have to show that you're willing to overpay (and I don't mean a measly $13 million/per for David Lee; I'm talking around $20 million for someone).

I don't mind the overpaying, but you got to be smart about the overpay and what you have on the roster. Lacob wasted the amnesty on Charlie Bell where he could of use it on AB save it for who ever gets over pay. I like that he trying, but he needs to be smarter about his transactions and not waste a golden opportunity like one time amnesty.

Yeah, he kinda put all his eggs in the Chandler/Jordan baskets, hence the amnesty of Charlie Bell. I also think Biedrins had a good interview this summer about being motivated and in shape, which fooled plenty of fans (not to mention Lacob). On the off-chance that Biedrins recovered, you don't wanna be on a $10 million hook for 3 years to see him coming off the bench in an ideal role elsewhere.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 pm
Also got to remember amnesty of beans would have left us with no Center. Plus his expiring contract may be an asset in a year. Not the smartest move if they really wanted Jordan, but I don't think they wanted him that bad. I think the go for B Lopez this summer or McGee. If not just bring back Kwame and see what you can get out of Tyler.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 pm
If the Warriors want to attract free agents they must win now.. if not now, they never will.

Why do people get so allured about 1st round picks? stupid mentality of a warriors fan who's witnessed 20 years of losing so they can get excited about the front office drafting (Todd Fullers, Adonal Foyles & Ike Digous)

/=uck it ... Lets win now & show a free agent like Dwight Howard that Mark Jackson is the real deal as a coach. if you guys wanna tank... why not just follow the New Jersey Nets???
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball