What's wrong with us??!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:35 am
I still believe we end the season 33-33.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 am
Do we get this draft's pick? I think and hope we come in the bottom four. This season looks awful and it is better to make changes in the offseason

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:55 pm
I think we need to stay patient with the team, there have definetely been some positives in the first 8 games and even with the shortened season, there is time to turn it around. I do think making a big trade would ultimately be a good thing for the organization because we might be able to get a superstar on the team as well as show future free agents that we are serious about winning. Im looking forward to this season and think it will be an exciting one.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 pm
Ashea21 wrote:I think we need to stay patient with the team, there have definetely been some positives in the first 8 games and even with the shortened season, there is time to turn it around. I do think making a big trade would ultimately be a good thing for the organization because we might be able to get a superstar on the team as well as show future free agents that we are serious about winning. Im looking forward to this season and think it will be an exciting one.

I agree that this team is better then what we have seen so far. As the season goes on we will get better. I'm still going for a 33 win season, which may get us in playoffs. Our schedule has been pretty tough so far.

I like the squad we have, they are young, but have shown skills. I still think we need a more athletic center. I wouldn't mind going after McGee in FA next year. Clippers matched the offer sheet for jordan, would Washington do the same? And they will probably get a top 5 pick, if they get #1 pick they might pickup Durmond and let McGee go... But there are also other areas we could improve... SF for instance, if D Wright can't get out of his funk.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 pm
If the team doesn't show any huge progress in the next few games I would be more than willing to let Malone lead the team until the end of the season at least, and see what he can do. I think he has a lot more knowledge when it comes to coaching than Mark Jackson.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm
Guybrush wrote:If the team doesn't show any huge progress in the next few games I would be more than willing to let Malone lead the team until the end of the season at least, and see what he can do. I think he has a lot more knowledge when it comes to coaching than Mark Jackson.

It going to be a learning curve for Jackson, he soon find out this roster is very limited on defense and their offense is good just not good enough to cover the defensive weakness.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:13 pm
I've never been a big Monta fan, but if he played the way he did last night against the Blazers, then I'd be happy. When he shoots the ball less than 20 times, the Warriors are 4-2. When he shoot less than 15 times, they're 3-1. This team has a better chance at winning when Ellis is the 2nd or 3rd best player on the floor. Why? Because everyone is getting involved. Its not just one guy dribbling the ball down the court and jacking up a 22 shots a game. I heard Steve Kerr on 95.7 the Game this morning and he said that he didn't think Ellis was a 35+ minute starter and that he's best as a 6th man. I'm glad I'm not the only guy to think that. He also said Ellis probably wouldn't except that role. But I can tell you now, Ellis won't like it at all. He much rather be out there as the starter and lose than be a bench player and win.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:17 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I've never been a big Monta fan, but if he played the way he did last night against the Blazers, then I'd be happy. When he shoots the ball less than 20 times, the Warriors are 4-2. When he shoot less than 15 times, they're 3-1. This team has a better chance at winning when Ellis is the 2nd or 3rd best player on the floor. Why? Because everyone is getting involved. Its not just one guy dribbling the ball down the court and jacking up a 22 shots a game. I heard Steve Kerr on 95.7 the Game this morning and he said that he didn't think Ellis was a 35+ minute starter and that he's best as a 6th man. I'm glad I'm not the only guy to think that. He also said Ellis probably wouldn't except that role. But I can tell you now, Ellis won't like it at all. He much rather be out there as the starter and lose than be a bench player and win.

One thing you didn't mention was how well he played defense... everyone says he can't play defense, but he played well last night... he did have a couple of lapses but was pretty solid most of the game... and played 41 mins... and he wasn't scorring. Question is, if he wasn't in the game, does the team still get open shots and score like they were? Would Curry have gotten so many wide open shots?

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:43 am
What's Wrong???? D.Lee,Monta,Coach aka ''i am not coach'' Jackson.. <--- answer
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm
I would say Mark Jackson for most of the things...and I believe we need to trade some, if not all, of our three best players and build this team on better foundations.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball