Trade Monta already!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 pm
Hmm...I just saw that now Pekovic started for Timberwolves instead of Milicic. Don't know if he had some kind of injury, but I doubt it. He played some great games just to be played 15 minutes in the next one. Don't know what the deal is, but apparently he could be acquired...Maybe we could try to get Darko and Beasley in a package and send them Ellis and someone else (Biedrins, Wright) that would seal the deal. Darko is a great defensive presence in the paint, just what we need.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 pm
Just read that Darko is ill, so that's why he didn't play. But still, I think we could get him cheap, and we don't even have to include Ellis or some other star in the deal probably.

What's going on with Terence Williams from Houston? I thought guy would be a good and useful SF in the NBA, but he's not used at all this season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:33 am
Guybrush wrote:Hmm...I just saw that now Pekovic started for Timberwolves instead of Milicic. Don't know if he had some kind of injury, but I doubt it. He played some great games just to be played 15 minutes in the next one. Don't know what the deal is, but apparently he could be acquired...Maybe we could try to get Darko and Beasley in a package and send them Ellis and someone else (Biedrins, Wright) that would seal the deal. Darko is a great defensive presence in the paint, just what we need.

Darko has really been a failure in his career. Saying that, he might do a little better than AB and be a bit cheaper, but I wouldn't trade for him using Monta and straight up for AB, even if the money worked, the TWolves wouldn't do that. Beasley is not effective and needs the ball too much as well, don't want him

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:04 pm
kaman is on trading block, hes good, though hes an injury prone as well
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:31 pm
migya wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Hmm...I just saw that now Pekovic started for Timberwolves instead of Milicic. Don't know if he had some kind of injury, but I doubt it. He played some great games just to be played 15 minutes in the next one. Don't know what the deal is, but apparently he could be acquired...Maybe we could try to get Darko and Beasley in a package and send them Ellis and someone else (Biedrins, Wright) that would seal the deal. Darko is a great defensive presence in the paint, just what we need.

Darko has really been a failure in his career. Saying that, he might do a little better than AB and be a bit cheaper, but I wouldn't trade for him using Monta and straight up for AB, even if the money worked, the TWolves wouldn't do that. Beasley is not effective and needs the ball too much as well, don't want him

He is a failure if you take into account where he was drafted, but beside that, he is miles better than Biedrins. That is obvious, I don't know how can you say "a little better" when he next to Love gets more rebounds than Beans does, he also, when they let him play more than 15 minutes, can score over 20 points every now and then, which Beans at this point can only dram of. And that is all when we don't consider the fact that Darko is one of the best defensive centers in the league, great blocker as well...and Beans is, well, just Beans. I would do it without thinking, but ok, we can't think the same always. :)

And considering Kaman, I don't know. He's just too often out because of injuries, he's getting there in age, he's not consistent and he never could do a lot on his own. Though, he is still better than Biedrins...can't think of many players that aren't, for that matter.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 pm
Beasley seems to be getting where he should be with his play. He had a really good game against the Lakers today. 18 points and 12 rebound coming off the bench. I still think we could use him and Darko for Ellis and someone else. We would get a good SF that we need along with Dorell (if we don't ship him along, though Minnesota is filled at SF position) and a defensive minded center that has some decent offense as well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm
Guybrush wrote:Beasley seems to be getting where he should be with his play. He had a really good game against the Lakers today. 18 points and 12 rebound coming off the bench. I still think we could use him and Darko for Ellis and someone else. We would get a good SF that we need along with Dorell (if we don't ship him along, though Minnesota is filled at SF position) and a defensive minded center that has some decent offense as well.

Beasley is too inconsistent and needs the ball alot to score and he isn't more than an individual player, not much for the team.

Darko is something to look at, but I wouldn't trade Monta for him, no way. AB yes, but no more really, Darko just hasn't done much

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 am
beasley doesnt play defense, thats why he isnt the starting 5
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 am
They ask to much for Kaman. Way too much. I read 1-2 good sugestions for Warriors trade. Monta for Noah and Monta for Okafor. That i could do. Especialy Okafor would be a great trade. That would give the SG position to rush and Klay. That would also mean no Center position for Lee.He is not a bad defender when he is asked to deffend a PF around his size, but when he goes up against big centers he strugles.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:32 pm
its not their fault that they dont want to trade with the warriors, look at this roster.... pretty sad, if i was any other teams GM, i wouldnt wanna trade with the warriors unless picks adn young talents.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm
The Warriors are middle of the road team. All that off season hire like Myers and West was all hype. None of them help convince Paul or Howard to sign an extension if they were traded to the Warriors, because this team won't have the supporting cast to entice them after the trade. There hasn't been a track record for this front office of always being smart in signing players and drafting well consistently. This franchise been average at best for many years now and it looks like it is going to be average for another few years. You will get outrageous quotes from Lacob and Jackson saying this is playoff team and Monta and Curry best back court and David Lee is an all star power foward. If they are shouldn't this team be in the playoff hunt in the second year together?

I don't blame Lacob for trying, but he needs to realize his 3 highest players (Monta, AB, David Lee) aren't good enough to cover the weakness of this team they are just good role players. I like the David lee trade and the signing to long term deal, but that was predicated on AB coming back to double double machine and being productive. The problem is AB is not productive and provides no help for David Lee and now Warriors overpay for a good player not a great player. Monta is good scorer and everything else he does is average.

I just hope Mark Jackson learns fast how to coach a team, but I feel he going to get fired soon if he believes this is a playoff roster. I hope Mark Jackson learns that his player need to pad their stats and not win games. Warriors need this top 7 pick to get better and hope the FO due their research on the prospects. None of the good FA going to come to a middle of the road team. If they don't get the draft pick it is going to be the same season like the rest of the Warriors previous season not good enough to make the playoffs and Warriors don't suck enough to get the top 5 pick.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16 pm
monte is a 6th man role player, hes not a guy who can instant upgrade a team like paul to clippers, and monte is getting starter paycheck. david lee will give u double double, but he aint the guy either, just look at when he was in knicks. stephen curry with his re rerererere x 989883924 injuried ankle isnt gonna help the team either.
mark jackson just fking sux.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 pm
I would do Monta Ellis and Dorell Wright for both Beasley and Milcic. Maybe throw in Ridnour as well for insurance just in case Curry goes down again. I also think the Wolves would be all over that deal as well. Let Ellis play second or third fiddle to Love and Rubio because he just isn't working as a first option. On a different team, I doubt he'll be given the freedom to take 20+ shots a game, especially with Love as their best player. This trade could add depth and give the Warriors an additional $6.5M in cap space with Beasley's expiring contract. They'd have about $18M to spend this offseason to try and grab a guy like Deron Williams.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:50 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I would do Monta Ellis and Dorell Wright for both Beasley and Milcic. Maybe throw in Ridnour as well for insurance just in case Curry goes down again. I also think the Wolves would be all over that deal as well. Let Ellis play second or third fiddle to Love and Rubio because he just isn't working as a first option. On a different team, I doubt he'll be given the freedom to take 20+ shots a game, especially with Love as their best player. This trade could add depth and give the Warriors an additional $6.5M in cap space with Beasley's expiring contract. They'd have about $18M to spend this offseason to try and grab a guy like Deron Williams.

You're my man. =D>

That's what I was thinking and suggesting before. I really hope they do that, at least we would know after the season what we have and if we can win with that, or to start from the scratch.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm
Guybrush wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I would do Monta Ellis and Dorell Wright for both Beasley and Milcic. Maybe throw in Ridnour as well for insurance just in case Curry goes down again. I also think the Wolves would be all over that deal as well. Let Ellis play second or third fiddle to Love and Rubio because he just isn't working as a first option. On a different team, I doubt he'll be given the freedom to take 20+ shots a game, especially with Love as their best player. This trade could add depth and give the Warriors an additional $6.5M in cap space with Beasley's expiring contract. They'd have about $18M to spend this offseason to try and grab a guy like Deron Williams.

You're my man. =D>

That's what I was thinking and suggesting before. I really hope they do that, at least we would know after the season what we have and if we can win with that, or to start from the scratch.

I'm on board for this, but what does Minnesota think? Kevin Love at center is pretty unsized (though you won't notice it on the glass)... Do they really want Golden State's small backcourt (and, overall, team) to become their problem?

Tim Kawakami (whom I, admittedly, can't stand) suggested a straight-up swap of Ellis-for-Noah? Chicago does have a surplus of big, defensive players. And Rose is not Curry or Rubio; a backcourt of he and Ellis wouldn't be the defensive liability that Ellis can otherwise bring by manning the 2. If Chicago is as sold on Asik as they seem, and stay content sliding Gibson to the 5 at times, Monta Ellis might be that final weapon Chicago needs to ascend from championship hopefuls to legit title threats. Meanwhile, Noah makes Lee look all the better (doing literally everything David won't) and the Warriors slide in the thriving Brandon Rush until Thompson inevitably lands in the starting lineup.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball