Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Warriors 2012-01-31

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 pm
Sacramento Kings (6 - 13) @ Golden State Warriors (6 - 11)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: NBA LP

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Sacramento Kings:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeMarcus Cousins
PF - Jason Thompson
SF - John Salmons
SG - Jimmer Fredette
PG - Tyreke Evans

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (21.9) | M. Thornton (16.4)
RPG - D. Lee (10.4) | D. Cousins (11.0)
APG - M. Ellis (7.2) | T. Evans (4.5)
SPG - S. Curry (2.0) | M. Thornton (1.5)
BPG - E. Udoh (1.3) | D. Cousins (1.4)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 pm
Tonight is going to be a monster game by the warriors. Sacramento be ware!

Not to qoute Phill Collins, but... I can feel it in the air... :-"
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm
I have a bad feeling, like Keith Smart is going to tell his boys to knock Ellis and Lee around early. Smart knows better than anyone that the Lee-Ellis battery is dangerous, but slump with overly physical defense. Jackson needs another solid frame from the smashmouthed bench brigade to pull this one out. Rush, Robinson, and McGuire have great chemistry and have shown a toughness the likes of which you won't find in the starting lineup.

Warrior keys: bench production, getting Cousins in early foul trouble, Ellis providing free throws OR assists

Kings keys: convincing Ellis to launch 20+ attempts, Ferdette's aim (and, thus, ability to stretch the floor for Evans), the PF tandem keeping Lee off the offensive glass
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:48 pm
32 wrote:I have a bad feeling, like Keith Smart is going to tell his boys to knock Ellis and Lee around early. Smart knows better than anyone that the Lee-Ellis battery is dangerous, but slump with overly physical defense. Jackson needs another solid frame from the smashmouthed bench brigade to pull this one out. Rush, Robinson, and McGuire have great chemistry and have shown a toughness the likes of which you won't find in the starting lineup.

Warrior keys: bench production, getting Cousins in early foul trouble, Ellis providing free throws OR assists

Kings keys: convincing Ellis to launch 20+ attempts, Ferdette's aim (and, thus, ability to stretch the floor for Evans), the PF tandem keeping Lee off the offensive glass

I think that Lee and Curry are going to be up for this game.. I think Eliis will be a willing passer and Sac is going to over help on him.
I can see the frustration in some of the guys on our team, and they are going to bust out with a monster game soon. This is the first under 500 team that has come to Oracle, I think now is the time. Plus I don't think our guys care too much for Sac guys. I am pumped up for this game! Don't LET ME DOWN!

=D>

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:58 pm
I just hope Jackson doesn't play small ball again, or at least not that muuch, cause I can't see how Lee can stop Cousins. Heck, Lee will have problems guarding Hickson, let alone Cousins.

So, basically, I wanna see more playing time for both Beans and Tyler.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:15 pm
Small ball is what killed the Warriors against the Kings in the abbreviated preseason. Between the two teams, only Jason Thompson can play center in a small ball lineup. Lee doesn't disguise his inability to stop scorers at the cup and Epke will hustle, but won't run the floor on offense. Nellieball is doom if they go to it tonight (for the record, i dont consider Udoh AND Lee together to be that small).
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:21 pm
It's not a small ball when Udoh and Lee are on the court, cause Udoh can play center position occasionally. The problem is when you play Lee and McGuire, or Lee at center and Wright at PF. That's when our interior defense gets obviously vulnerable to anything.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:38 pm
Well, Udoh can play SOME centers, but even that is only effective next to Lee. I saw Jackson playing Rush at the 4, with Curry-Ellis-Robinson, alongside Udoh. That's just cruel for everybody.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm
i have too good a link for such a terrible basketball - at least in a low resolution stream blurs makes for more excitement guessing who's who and make court look smaller.
and jim barnett sounds like he's lost his puppy.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:55 pm
What'd I say?

Kings are bodying the Warriors to start the 2nd half and it's working like a charm. Early timeout from Mark Jackson. Gotta get tough, Warriors. Ellis and Lee are getting bumped without whistles. Time to push back.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 pm
this win will be a testament to two how bads: the kings and our starters.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm
martin wrote:this win will be a testament to two how bads: the kings and our starters.

yeah, at this point, our bench > starters. Rush looked great tonight.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:45 am
martin wrote:this win will be a testament to two how bads: the kings and our starters.

Was excited at how well the bench played... until I realized it was more a matter of how bad the starters were playing that made them look good. Still a lot of good effort on defense by the bench and nice shooting by Rush. Udoh had a great defensive run. Klay and Jimmer should have a clank contest.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:13 pm
It was a good win considering our shots were not falling. I liked that Beans got more then 12 mins.... we need to get better at boxing out though. We had so many plays where our bigs rotated in situations where they didn't need to, leaving the kings open for putbacks. All in the sake of getting block shot? Only rotate when the first defender is beat... they were rotating on all penetration

Return to Game Threads