Thinking 2012 already!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm
f1n3 wrote:Hate to just jump in this thread and toss out another trade but what about sending Monta back to the south via New Orleans....Eric Gordon would look very good playing next to Curry. Or even Okafor would be a good defensive force on this team...Only problem is getting the NBA to take on long contracts.

Monta, Lee, Klay

for

Gordon, Okafor, Ariza

(Gordon's rookie contract is ending soon I think. Big risk of losing him)

You know, I've wanted changes for a while, but this one sends the team backwards. I like Okafor, but am disappointed with his career, thought he'd be like a 15-18pt, 10-12reb, 2-3blk a game player and the scoring just isn't there. Monta and Lee are both doing great this season and warrant much more value in return. Has to be a very good big that plays both ends, otherwise no point making a trade with players that are producing real well for the team right now. What I think at least

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm
Fine, I would go for that, in all honesty. That's the best trade suggestion we had on this board, lately at least. Migs, I don't know why are you against it. Lee has good numbers, therefor his trade value is high, which is great, and we should use that. He is still a huge liability on defense, and it shows, he's our worst player when it comes to +/- stats. I would look to move him and his contract whenever it is possible.

Gordon would be upgrade defensively over Ellis, and when he is your first scoring option, you can expect close to Ellis' PPG, with less shots and MPG.

Okafor is one of my favorite players, well, centers, because he really plays defense, and I like a big guy that loves to play defense and is taking pride in it. His offense isn't that bad this season, and Hornets are pretty bad. We can't get a better big than that, and our defense with him and Gordon instead of Ellis will be better by margins.

Add to that Ariza on the SF and we have one damn good defensive team, with still some nice offensive weapons. As much as you might not like Okafor's offense, he would still be our best offensive center, ironically.

Once again, I would pull the trigger for this one without hesitation.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 pm
I was just looking Hornets a little bit, and I don't think they would go for it, though. Basically we switch SGs (Ellis for Gordon), give them Klay for Ariza (which is hard to accept, if you're Hornets) and we take them their starting center and give them the best PF they would have. The problem here is that centers are more valuable than PFs, and Lee has a huge salary on top of it.

So, maybe this would work, but that is slightly harder on us:
Ellis, Lee and Biedrins for Gordon, Okafor and Aminu

Makes more sense if you're Hornets, and we get pretty much the same. We would get a weaker SF, so Dorell would start again, and Aminu would be coming off the bench, and we keep Klay, but give them Biedrins, so they have someone to rotate with Kaman. Also, we would clear some cap with that trade. Don't know how would it work precisely (or if it would work at all) cap wise.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 pm
Yes I agree with Guybrush. But the contracts don't work in your deal. Ellis, Lee, and Beans are a hefty bunch $$$ wise. Gordon and Aminu are still on rookie deals.

And Migya, I see where your'e coming from. Skill wise Okafor is not much better than Beidrins. The big difference is that Okafor doesn't get into foul trouble - allowing him to contribute more. He's not as good as he was supposed to be but he has been consistent. And I'd like to keep Lee but we need to get a solid center to play next to him.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 am
This team needs a Defensive big man like a Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan (in his prime), and Andrew Bynum if Warriors going to stick with this back court of Ellis and Curry. Both guards can make plays on some occasions, but they are prone to make bad decisions most of the time. Our guards are basically good scorer and non of them are good at def stopping or slowing down guard penetration. Mark Jackson is rookie coach he going to make mistakes, but I think he is the wrong guy to coach this team though. They need a coach like Doug Collins type coach who knows what he has in his players and able to teach and help improve players. Mark Jackson was splashy hire, but he is not ready to coach these players and promising playoffs rookie mistake.

Joe Lacob will not make a rebuild, because it would make him look bad the David Lee trade was good, but signing him to 80 million dollar contract with AB sucking hard as the big man that horrible investment now. He had opportunity to amnesty David Lee or AB he chose Charlie Bell? Since Ellis became the best player on this team Lacob surrounded with a PF in Lee, another guard in Curry, SF in Dorell Wright they were middle of the road team last season inconsistent. This season Ellis is the best player they added more role player in Brandon Rush, Dominic McGuire, Charles Jenkins, Klay Thompson, and Kwame Brown (who is injured) they are below average still same inconsistency. Lacob trying to convince others that he overpaid for this team somehow the Warriors became a destination and the players on the Warriors roster suddenly double in value. The only problem is none of the other team in the NBA believe what Lacob selling and non of the Warriors asset are really worth much to the other teams.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am
f1n3 wrote:Yes I agree with Guybrush. But the contracts don't work in your deal. Ellis, Lee, and Beans are a hefty bunch $$$ wise. Gordon and Aminu are still on rookie deals.

And Migya, I see where your'e coming from. Skill wise Okafor is not much better than Beidrins. The big difference is that Okafor doesn't get into foul trouble - allowing him to contribute more. He's not as good as he was supposed to be but he has been consistent. And I'd like to keep Lee but we need to get a solid center to play next to him.

Have to get a Center that plays well at both ends. Okafor is just a defender and pretty good rebounder, not that dominant at that really, and he doesn't score much. Lee is worth more than him right now. Kaman may be a better Center than Okafor and I'd rather him to be honest and would even trade him for Lee straight up, but that won't happen

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 am
Having a good defensive center doesn't compensate the luck of defence from your guard's. All the defences in the world break when somebody, anybody loses their player. That trigger's a sequence of moves where someone else is forced to live his player to cover up the other. Every offence in the world is relying on that through great passing or great individual skill a player will get past his defender. Your center will have to leave his player to guard Ellis player cutting in the basket there for creating the next set of choices and opportunities for your rival with the most notable being passing to the center that is left unguarded (man to man) or pass the ball outside to shooters when the defence closes on him(zone). Not to mention that he doesn't even have to cut all the way in, he can just get past your guard and shoot.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball