Thinking 2012 already!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 pm
Ok, I know it is a bit early.. but the way the season is going so far perhaps it is not early enough.
Besides, don't blame me, there are already rumors out there about how we should spend our $12million in cap space next year:

Chris Tomasson: Agent Mark Bartelstein says client Brandon Rush has interest in re-signing with the Warriors: "He really likes it there.’’
Chris Tomasson: Brandon Rush agent Mark Bartelstein says has talked 'a little bit with Larry Riley' & 'possible' Rush could ink Warriors extension by Jan 25

Rush has been excellent so far, I wouldn't mind keeping him as a key bench player.
However, we might need the cap space... what do you guys think?
He has a $4million qualifying offer, so we could always give him that and then just see if we want to match offers he gets.
Or we could sign if for long term... but for how much?

I would also like to bring back Nate, Jenkins, Tyler, McGuire and we need a Center (maybe Brown again for 2 years)... but that is basically the team we have this year and we are not doing that hot. It would be like saying we are putting all our eggs in this basket, and hope the team can get better in a two year span (when Beans, Monta, Curry, Wright come of the books). It has been a solid bench so far... but keeping them might kill our chances of getting a solid starter. The problem with this team is I am starting to have a love/hate relationship with them... sometimes they play really good and I am invested in their success... but other times they look like the old warriors. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:11 pm
Sad to say but it is time to look ahead already, the thing about basketball and running a team is you have to be a step ahead of the competition. The warriors never seem to get that point.

Big 3, consistency ?

I feel there are alot of questions with the roster, and their ability as well as consistency, they are just taking up roster spots and just floating around when on the floor. Outside of David Lee, Monta, Brandon Rush, Curry who is placed on the "inconsistent category due to injury of his ankle. On top of that our supposedly consistent players and our stars are any thing but that, one game either Monta or David Lee struggle and we have no one to turn to.

The others ?

So to fix this major problem we have to look at having quality on the team, so how in the world do we do that, I don't know ? :banghead: :banghead: Ok well I will try

With Beans, he needs more PT, this guy is getting paid 9 million for 2 more seasons, giving him only 16 minutes will not cut it, more beans, more activity for the big man. In those 16 mins he is scoring 4 pts on 73%, and getting almost 6 rebounds. With Kwame out Mark Jackson has no choice but to play Beans.

Udoh needs more touches, at least try to build some form of a low post game by the warriors.

Klay is coming along ok. Nate has been a surprise of the bench.

Everyone else not mentioned is just filling up roster spots, haven't seen enough of Jenkins to comment, as far as Dorrell he is playing scared and restricted.

So out of the entire roster I count 4 semi consistent players, that is just unacceptable for NBA franchise.

Curry and his ankle are the key, but it goes beyond that, he could have gained a couple more wins if healthy and taken the pressure off Monta, now no one knows the severity of this ankle and future risks.

Monta issue
Everyone know I have been a Monta supporter and fan, I remember many fans hated on him super hard after the moped incident, extremes to voiding him, to trading him for scrap etc etc. At this juncture, Monta success and Warriors success depends on Curry. Would people trade Monta for say Paul Pierce ? Luel Deng ? Danny Granger ? Am not really sure who realistically want for Monta but those are fair enough selections although they make about 2-3 mill more, out of that group I would take Granger who is having a of year.

Trades
Then, warriors need to go after stars like Tashaun Prince, Thadues Young, T-Mac, JR Smith, Amir Johnson, Speights

Free Agency
Unrestricted players to go after, Gerald Wallace, Bynum is unrestricted but am sure he will ask for ish load of cash plus he is injury prone, Chris and Paul and Deron Williams free agents, eh not happening :banghead: , bring Jamison back as a bench vet, Diaw, Nets did not offer Brook Lopez due to injury, not a big fan, too clumsy, Ian Mahimi from the Mavs.
I know we can catogarize this players from one extreme to another, but I did not take the chance to do so.

At all cost warriors cannot rebuild from scratch, that is always the case, they have to infuse, trades with, solid draft picks, and free-agency.

Coaching
As far as coaching, Mark Jackson get that arse of twitter, and focus on you game plan sheesh. Thanks folks and goodnght.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:59 pm
I was suggesting that we go for Darko last season, and I'm still holding to that idea. He's stopping Griffin tonight, and playing good offensively. We could have got him cheap probably, cause even now they usually play him less than 20 minutes per game. Like we use Beans.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:18 pm
I wouldn't mind Darko if we didnt have Kwame or re-sign Kwame, my main concern would how to get rid of Beans. 2 solid center's I think is enough, in the sense that the money invested is not over what it needs to be.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:41 am
This season is a loss as far as I'm concerned.

Major changes needed, I've given a trade in the trade thread that noone responded to.

Defense and rebbounding need to be fixed, as always has been the case. It all starts with a very good Center, bigs are harder to get than smalls

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:27 pm
The bench is super we must resighn all of them. As for starters keep Stephen, trade everyone else.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 pm
TRON wrote:The bench is super we must resighn all of them. As for starters keep Stephen, trade everyone else.

That's the exact my sentiment as well. From recently. I loved Monta, and I still do, but to some degree. He, and Lee, have that habit to force things when the shots are not going in. In the fourth quarter our only option is to give the ball to Monta and let him try with post play. And we are usually leading in the game, up to that point. Lee just pulls his head down and charges in the direction of the basket. Usually he screws it up (though he does manage to achieve some good things as well). He shot 4-15 last night ](*,) . He has quite a lot of turnovers as well. His +/- stats per game are not there as well. So, his boards and points (which are high, but at what cost) are not that important when all is took into consideration.

I would love for this team to succeed somehow, but I just can't see it anymore. Though, I'm not forgetting that Jackson might be the reason for that as well. Few more games, and fire him, and let's see if we can count on Malone for next year(s), or go for an experienced coach. If we can't have comeback this season (which is not likely), we should get a high pick, and along with cap space we could sign some good FAs, and have a competitive team. But, I think that Curry must stay and that he is our best player. Stats are not all, and Monta is making some big mistakes this season. If only Steph could stay healthy. [-o<
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:57 pm
I agree, bring back our bench. I think we have to make changes to our starters. We are
Looking to be a defensive team, but none of our starters are playing good defense. Problem is it is hard to move them.

Maybe a small trade is what we need to bring in some size and shot blocking. I wouldn't mind doing something small like trading d. Wright to Min for Anthony Randolph. I would put McGuire at starting SF, he would add size and defense to our starting unit, and Udoh and Randolph would add shot blocking and defense off the bench.

Curry/ Robinson/ Jenkins
Ellis/ Klay
McGuire/ Rush/ Chris Wright
Lee/ Randolph/ Tyler
Beans/ Udoh/ Barron

For the rest of the year. And next year bring back Kwame, do he can match up against the bigger centers.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:52 am
I think the warriors should start to tank and focus on next season. They need to beak up that big 3, by either giving up all three of them or at keeping just 1 of them. Here is my proposal that has the warriors keeping Steph Curry.

Three Team trade with the Warriors, Celtics, and Bulls:

Warriors Get: Kevin Garnett (and release him), Brandon Bass, Celtics 1st rounder
Celtics Get: Monta Ellis, Carlos Boozer, and Kyle Korver
Bulls Get: Ray Allen, David Lee

Why would the Warriors do this: This is a lost season. The warriors have such a flawed starting lineup. They need to rebuild. The Warriors will receive Bass (who has a friendly 2 year contract) plus a first rounder that will be in the teams. The warriors will tank, thus allowing them to keep their protected 1st round pick on some young talent in the draft. Also a Celtic 1st rounder will help, as that pick will probably be in the teens.

Why would the Celtics do this: The Celtics do not want to rebuild. They want to reload. This was obviously expressed by Danny Ainge earlier this week when he hinted that he would only trade the "Big 3" if he was able to get talent in return. Boozer and Ellis take on the positions of Garnett and Allen, respectively. It allows for a new Big 3 to reign in Boston that should be effective for the next 5 years (even more effective as they will have Pierce remain in Boston, and finish his career in a Boston Uniform). Korver was added to the team due to salaries matching up in the trade (he has a 2 year, $10 million left).

Why would the Bulls do this: The Bulls replace Boozer with both Allen and Lee. The weakest position for this team is the shooting guard spot, which Allen would thrive on in this Bulls team. Lee compliments Noah well, which includes Taj Gibson coming off the bench as their backup. A lineup of Rose, Allen, Deng, Lee, Noah (with Rip Hamilton and Gibson off the bench, along with Watson, Brewer and Asik) makes this the deepest team in the NBA.

Thoughts?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:00 pm
Not good for us. We get almost nothing in return. If i give up two starter's at least i want one in return. (Same logic you explained for Celtics).

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I think the warriors should start to tank and focus on next season. They need to beak up that big 3, by either giving up all three of them or at keeping just 1 of them. Here is my proposal that has the warriors keeping Steph Curry.

Warriors Get: Kevin Garnett (and release him), Brandon Bass, Celtics 1st rounder

Why would the Warriors do this: This is a lost season. The warriors have such a flawed starting lineup. They need to rebuild. The Warriors will receive Bass (who has a friendly 2 year contract) plus a first rounder that will be in the teams. The warriors will tank, thus allowing them to keep their protected 1st round pick on some young talent in the draft. Also a Celtic 1st rounder will help, as that pick will probably be in the teens.

Why would the Celtics do this: The Celtics do not want to rebuild. They want to reload. This was obviously expressed by Danny Ainge earlier this week when he hinted that he would only trade the "Big 3" if he was able to get talent in return. Boozer and Ellis take on the positions of Garnett and Allen, respectively. It allows for a new Big 3 to reign in Boston that should be effective for the next 5 years (even more effective as they will have Pierce remain in Boston, and finish his career in a Boston Uniform). Korver was added to the team due to salaries matching up in the trade (he has a 2 year, $10 million left).

Why would the Bulls do this: The Bulls replace Boozer with both Allen and Lee. The weakest position for this team is the shooting guard spot, which Allen would thrive on in this Bulls team. Lee compliments Noah well, which includes Taj Gibson coming off the bench as their backup. A lineup of Rose, Allen, Deng, Lee, Noah (with Rip Hamilton and Gibson off the bench, along with Watson, Brewer and Asik) makes this the deepest team in the NBA.

Thoughts?

My trade was better and for all teams involved. Bass just isn't enough in such a trade. He rebounds and his defense seems good, but he won't get any better and doesn't look like he'll ever be a go to guy offensively inside, where a guy like BLopez or MGasol are.

Celts do need to make a trade and involving two or all three of the old big three, because they are falling hard. Rondo and Bass are nice to have and add two or three very good player to. Maybe a trade with the Bulls like you mentioned could be done

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:30 am
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I think the warriors should start to tank and focus on next season. They need to beak up that big 3, by either giving up all three of them or at keeping just 1 of them. Here is my proposal that has the warriors keeping Steph Curry.

Thoughts?

My trade was better and for all teams involved. Bass just isn't enough in such a trade. He rebounds and his defense seems good, but he won't get any better and doesn't look like he'll ever be a go to guy offensively inside, where a guy like BLopez or MGasol are.

Celts do need to make a trade and involving two or all three of the old big three, because they are falling hard. Rondo and Bass are nice to have and add two or three very good player to. Maybe a trade with the Bulls like you mentioned could be done

The reason why I picked this trade was for the warriors to get rid of contracts. You are right, I probably should ask for a little bit more. But sometimes, getting rid of a David Lee contract means not much in return, even if you have monta shipped as well. The benefit of a trade like this one is that you are thinking your team will get worse, therefore the Warriors keeping their draft pick and hoping they can get someone like Andre Drummond. For me, its a risk worth taking for a center like him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:

Thoughts?

The reason why I picked this trade was for the warriors to get rid of contracts. You are right, I probably should ask for a little bit more. But sometimes, getting rid of a David Lee contract means not much in return, even if you have monta shipped as well. The benefit of a trade like this one is that you are thinking your team will get worse, therefore the Warriors keeping their draft pick and hoping they can get someone like Andre Drummond. For me, its a risk worth taking for a center like him.

Yea I know what you mean. Lee has been worth his money so far this season though and right now his value would be quite high. I'd prefer trading him in some sort of package to Memphis for MGasol and a package from them. Right now I'd prefer to keep Monta over Curry, as he looks like being better at all facets now. Maybe a Curry and AB for Conley and MGasol could be done

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am
Monta and Lee (plus Biedrins or Udoh) for Gasol and Conley (and some package) and they might bite it...your version, not likely.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm
Hate to just jump in this thread and toss out another trade but what about sending Monta back to the south via New Orleans....Eric Gordon would look very good playing next to Curry. Or even Okafor would be a good defensive force on this team...Only problem is getting the NBA to take on long contracts.

Monta, Lee, Klay

for

Gordon, Okafor, Ariza

(Gordon's rookie contract is ending soon I think. Big risk of losing him)
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball