3 team trade getting Dwight where he wants

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:46 pm
GS Warriors, Orlando and New Jersey. Dwight had stated that only Lakers, Mavs or Nets are where he'd resign and the Nets only of the three in the East.

GS sends DLee, AB, Curry to Orlando and DWright to New Jersey.
Receives Turkoglu from Orlando and Farmar, Morrow, Stevenson, Gaines, Petro and BLopez from New Jersey.

Orlando sends Dwight to New Jersey and Turkoglu to GS.
Receives DLee, AB, Curry from GS and Humphries from New Jersey.

New Jersey sends Farmar, Morrow, Stevenson, Gaines, Petro and BLopez to GS and Humphries to Orlando.
Receives DWright from GS and Dwight from Orlando.

Lineup immediately after trade -

GS:
PG - Monta/Nate/Klay
SG - Morrow/Farmar/Klay
SF - Turkoglu/Stevenson
PF - Udoh/McGuire
C - BLopez/Petro/Tyler

BLopez is injured so the team is very weak with bigs. Many guard types that shoot from the outside. Reliant on Monta and Turk for most of the scoring, but maybe Turk can do well like in Orlando and be a keeper. The rest of the acquired guys are likely gone after the season, maybe Morrow stays and does what he did when he was last here. With BLopez and Turk, the team has a core with Monta and if Morrow stays, that's a more versatile and potentially better three than having AB, DLee and Monta. Curry goes, but is replaceable, as guards are much easier to attain than very good bigs.

In the offseason, make a trade for a very good PG, even DHarris, as he could still be something like he was in the Nets. Either that or sign off free agency a very good PG. BLopez is a reliable Center and as good as AB has been in the last few years, he is more of a salary burden than anything else right now and using Lee and Curry to get him out of here, while getting BLopez here, as well as Turk, a potential very good SF, is worth it. The only real thing to add is a very good rebounding PF that can play well on both ends and you've got the blend the team needs to be successful finally.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:37 pm
Mcguire at PF? Klay at PG? The 20points 10 rebounds of Lee will come from who, Lopez? Turkoglu? Isn't this the guy that is hevilly overpaid and playing with motivation issues that Orlando want desperately to unload? And i will gett him without having the excuse of gettin Howard also? Sorry man i preffer to resign my bench, trade for Enyone willing to come here (Maybe Josh Smith for Lee + enyone except the rookies and Curry), tank the season and go for the no 1 pick in the draft.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:38 pm
I can't buy this trade. I mean, I can see how other teams, Orlando especially, would go for this, but not good from Warriors perspective. We're giving away two of our best three players, and we're getting bunch of backup players. Morrow was even here and they didn't think enough of him to offer him a new contract. He's nothing more than a shooter, and a streaky one that is. Rush (and Thompson with some time) is better than him, miles better. Brook Lopez is the only upgrade here, but the cost is way too high for that. The Nets are not going to offer him an extension, so he's going to be a FA after the season, which drags down his value tremendously, right away.

And we pick up Hedo's huge contract for no reason whatsoever. Just can't see one good thing here for the Warriors. Sorry, Mig.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:23 pm
Firstly, BLopez would have to resign immediately, otherwise no trade, that's a given.

See, "our" big three are just not going to make this team a winner. Lee get good numbers, but really only plays one side of the court and that is a huge problem. The team needs to transition and that will only happen by getting rid of most of the current big contracts, especially Lee and AB.

It all starts with getting a very good big and BLopez seems like a top 10 Center, really top 5. I'd rather MGasol and that is another possible trade right there, getting Mayo along with him would be a real get and he is a bench player for them right now

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 am
You are right that we need to change the core but not like that. Gasol have a great season and i believe they wont trade him nomatter what. Our only chance to get an elite Center is via draft and that is the hard truth. Why? because we are not Lakers to have the Shaq's of this league wanting to play for us. The other way is by getting rediculus riskes like Oden. But i don't believe anymore that he has the mentality left to come back.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 am
Orlando would never accept this trade. Giving them 2 more PF, when they already have Ryan Anderson, just doesn't make sense. Orlando should be thinking about acquiring Williams, not Howard going to Nets. The Magic have played too good to trade Howard at this time.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Orlando would never accept this trade. Giving them 2 more PF, when they already have Ryan Anderson, just doesn't make sense. Orlando should be thinking about acquiring Williams, not Howard going to Nets. The Magic have played too good to trade Howard at this time.

Well, they can trade the excess if they want, but you're right, Deron should be looking to go to the Magic after this season, it's by far the smartest move and the Magic would be smart to be on the phone with his agent often telling him so. He wants to win, go play for the Magic

Return to Trades