Game Thread: Warriors @ New Jersey Nets 2012-01-18

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 pm
i'm not sure why klay hasn't gotten more playing time tonight. he's looked really comfortable out there. nate looks really tired right now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm
Guybrush wrote:
martin wrote:would try a lineup of rush, mcguire/udoh wright, biedrins and monta/robinson. both wright and rush were on fire. would want them on the floor

I would give Klay some more time as well...he was on fire while he was in.

you called it!

well, udoh doesn't rebound, i would have biedrins instead of him, but maybe coach believes they will win anyway and want udoh to have more time.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm
Yeah, he looked like he was on fire, and he is. Though, too many iffy fouls for Warriors. I guess that's why they can't play harder defense and can't rebound. Home court refereeing quite a bit. Though, no obviously wrong calls, just small ones so far, but still...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm
road weary road weary..
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm
If we lose this, it's completely on Jackson. He doesn't have a plan on offense when the game is on the line, just give the ball to Monta, and he can't do it all by himself. He played small ball mostly, and we got beaten badly on rebounds. Every mistake he is repeating.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 pm
we had no energy/hustle to play small and lee was in fould trouble. i don't know what options he had, it's not like udoh did any good. only thing, he should have played biedrins more
Last edited by martin on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm
and clutch freethrows, not.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 pm
lot's of thing on fatigue, really, today.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 pm
why zone and why no biedrins after time out?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm
It was obviously about Biedrins. I don't know why he didn't play more. Udoh played awful game, and Lee was in foul trouble. And on top of that, you're getting outrebounded drastically. And we still can't hit FTs.

I don't know, I just don't like what I'm seeing. I liked it more with Smart, and I would argue that Jackson has a better team than Smart did. We need some trade...that Granger for Ellis idea might turn out good. Ellis is playing good, but it would shape this team better if we had a good SF, and we have good guards.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm
ellis trade is in question because of curry situation, byt graanger would be nice if curry comes back and stays healthy.

i won't take much from this game, lee was done by refs/fatigue fouls and all team seemed with a step slower. big suck on udoh two games in a row. also, with kwame out, coach has to change his plans and there's not a lot of practice this season. hard to judge in objective way.
smart? no, don't want him back for any price.
i wish this team was coached by ACTIVE nellie. that would be fun.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 pm
I don't want Smart back either, nor I believe he is going to be available, I just said that even he was better than Jackson so far, and Jackson has a better team. I wanted Adelman, to be honest. Now, I would like to see Malone as a head coach for this season.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 pm
was smart better? i don't know. nothing he did looked any better than what jackson is doing. even moreso having ellis play 45 minutes.
anyway, none of these are good coaches yet.
again, warriors have interesting players, but players who mainly are made for running. any coach not running them like crazy loses their one strength. but now it's all on management , what they want to build, what style etc.
this mix isn't very pretty now. and knowing that this team won't play to its strengths under this system takes half of the excitement for me. they win, it's fun. they lose, i don't care much, for i believe there will be changes, and if players sense it, they won't gel.
work in progress, in all its ugliness and momentarily surprises.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:31 pm
This team is far from a complete and competent NBA team. The offense runs too much through Monta and even when he is on he can't be the only option all game. The rebounding is so inconsistent it's a joke, I still don't know why this team hasn't invested money in a SOLID rebounder. And I don't mean Kwame or Lee. I mean someone who has already established themselves as elite rebounders at the NBA level. I can't keep getting my hopes up for this team only to see them blow so many games that they could easily win.

There's always next year...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 pm
Warriors need to beat teams like this, plain and simple, the more pressing issue here is Curry is still injured, he is a value able asset to the team but what's the use if he isn't playing.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads