San Franciso 49ers thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:28 pm
TO looks like a no-go, even after he was campaigning to return to where it all began on twitter. We called up Joe Hasting from the practice squad. Trust me, I wanted TO for the huge potential upside, but I have faith that the organization knows what they are doing. Lets hope Walker, Ginn and Williams aren't out for any notable period of time - we could probably handle the Rams without one or two of them but these guy have become big parts of our team.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:13 pm
Well, they probably gave Hastings a chance to prove himself against the Rams. We play one of the weakest teams in the league, if not the weakest, so, why not? I still think they might go for TO, for our playoff run, if we don't get any results during the next game.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:48 pm
I doubt TO is even on our radar, I've never seen a team pick a guy up once the play offs have began. If we were going to pick someone up it would have been this week and they likely wouldnt have played at all this weekend.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:37 pm
Image VS Image
Divisional Round!!!

Of the three teams we could have potentially faced, the Saints rank 2 as far as who I'd like to face. I really didn't want to face the Giants as they gave us a run for our money at home earlier in the season and we would have dominated the Falcons. All I can say is, thank god it's at home, because the Aints could potentially light us up in that dome. I also read that we prepared for the Saints more than any other of the teams.

I hope the Giants beat the Falcons because I feel like they have the best chance of slowing down the Packers. The Falcons don't stand a chance outside of a dome.

I'm not making any predictions but I like our chances of continuing our season the weekend after next.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:37 pm
Sorry bro.. i dont see you winning. This is not being proRaider/AntiNiner... I just think Drew Brees can put the amount of points on the board in the 1st half then Alex can do in 4 Qtrs.... if you beat the Saints, then i will be ready to call you a legitmatite SB contender.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 am
Earlier this year, I asked for these two teams to play each other. The Saints are the best offense in the NFL. They are better than the Pats and Packers (I don't care what the numbers say, just watching the dominance of Brees week in and out is utterly amazing). The 49ers are the best Defense in the NFL (again, despite the numbers, they are clearly number 1).

I will be pulling for the saints, as I have chosen them as my team to root for in these playoffs (with the raiders out, and my second team the Colts not in it, I will root for NOLA). But if the 49ers win, that would be great for the Bay area, and would definitely root for them over the Packers or Pats.

I am excited to watch this game.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 pm
PAWNO wrote:Sorry bro.. i dont see you winning. This is not being proRaider/AntiNiner... I just think Drew Brees can put the amount of points on the board in the 1st half then Alex can do in 4 Qtrs.... if you beat the Saints, then i will be ready to call you a legitmatite SB contender.

Yeah you're right, Brees can... Against a different D.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:28 pm
Now I'm gonna root for Alex even harder than before, and I was already one of his die hard fans. Apparently he has roots from my country. :)

Go Alex, beat them Saints!

Here's the link:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...s-as-49ers-qb/

EDIT: This was my 1111 post...so, I guess if I was superstitious that would mean something. Hopefully that Smith will play twice as better than ever in his life tonight. ::lol:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 pm
You better not post again until the game is over!

Edit: 1900th post for me, means Ted Ginn is gonna have a good game?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:09 pm
ImageVSImage
NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Can't wait to hear everyone's reasons for how we'll loose this one! :-k
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:16 pm
You see, that superstitious crap works. lol

Don't know if it's because of the numbers, or because I kept silent afterwards. Serious now, I'm glad we play Giants for some reasons, and on the other hand, I'm not. They're playing their best football of the season now, and we beat them once this year, so it will be hard to do it again. Good things are that we play at home, they are going to be exhausted more than the 49ers, especially after battling the Packers. So, all in all...I think we have more chance than against the Packers on their field.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:36 pm
Yeah, we'll need to post just enough in the following week to reach different "meaningful" numbers... We also get another day since we played on Saturday.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:06 pm
When I think about it, Alex had a great game, and Ted Ginn left the game because of an injury. So that 19-00 you had is not a good thing, I guess.

Damn it, first it was ScoreBot, now this. :)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:12 am
Scorebot doesn't seem to be our jinx, I'm deploying him for the next game.

Alex was incredible, he has silenced all the doubters and has earned the right to be our starting QB for seasons to come. I'm so impressed, when we ask him to win us games, he does. Everyone now is all over the Giants' jock, I admit they are playing really well and I thought they had a very good chance to win that game, but it's going to be an epic showdown of two great defenses, solid run games and two highly scrutinized QBs. We just need to do what we did last week and keep their receivers bottled up and force some bad throws out of Eli.

Our offense needs to start capitalizing on TOs - those 5 TOs were more like just 2 because we didn't do anything with them. I know we can't depend on us constantly getting these picks and fumbles, but we can depend on winning the TO battle.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:59 am
It's been two days now, I am still wired from this game. I keep playing Ted Robinson's call over and over.

I went to the Catch as a little kid, but aside from that game, this was the greatest sporting event I've ever attended, and that trumps the Catch II and even just barely the 94 NFC Championship Game vs. Dallas. The back and forth of the last four minutes, Alex coming through TWICE at the end. Unfreakinbelievable. The symmetries between Young-to-Owens and Smith-to-Davis. Same endzone, seam route in the final seconds to win a playoff game, collision at the goal line, receiver hangs on to it, and meets his coach on the sideline sobbing. Incredible.

I've never been so exhaused after a game. Hard to describe. One of those games you'll never forget as long as you live. I posted this on the home page as well, but here is my iPhone video of the final play of the game and a little bit of the celebration.

The Giants scare me, there are playing extremely well right now, and they seem to be the media favorites, which is fine with me. Can't wait for Sunday.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board