Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Warriors 2012-01-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 pm
I actually just looked it up and the record for free throws attempted in a game is 34 set by Wilt Chamberlain in 1962.

As of now Howard is at 32 attempts and there's plenty of game left. We are witnessing some pretty sad history here folks.

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 pm
Guybrush wrote:I said that two of them are the only ones that are hitting the jumpers...

add reddick and it's more than enough.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm
Was this a firs foul of the game for Dwight? lol

There was one few minutes ago on Lee, but never mind. It's Monta time!
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 pm
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I said that two of them are the only ones that are hitting the jumpers...

add reddick and it's more than enough.

Redick just hit his first one...we can wait some more so you can pick another player as well. ::lol: And he was wide open on that shot.

But never mind now, Andris is already fouled out, so no much use for that zone now.
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:10 pm
And he ties the record...

Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:11 pm
It's funny how the refs are trying to even out the foul count now.

I think they are taught this wherever they are trained, most people probably only look at the final foul numbers and if they are even then there is no problem.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Yeah, they are gonna try to even it up a bit, but it won't be drastic. It was quite obvious during the game that we were trying to put Dwight on the line and we hit our 4 fouls per quarter pretty fast...and they didn't. It's all good, nothing important have refs screwed up.
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Guybrush wrote:
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I said that two of them are the only ones that are hitting the jumpers...

add reddick and it's more than enough.

Redick just hit his first one...we can wait some more so you can pick another player as well. ::lol: And he was wide open on that shot.

But never mind now, Andris is already fouled out, so no much use for that zone now.

simply because orlando didn't had a chance to shoot. you just don't get the plan. look, with all our injuries we should have been blown out of this game. but this strategy worked. reason, boys, less emotions.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 pm
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I said that two of them are the only ones that are hitting the jumpers...

add reddick and it's more than enough.

Redick just hit his first one...we can wait some more so you can pick another player as well. ::lol: And he was wide open on that shot.

But never mind now, Andris is already fouled out, so no much use for that zone now.

simply because orlando didn't had a chance to shoot. you just don't get the plan. look, with all our injuries we should have been blown out of this game. but this strategy worked. reason, boys, less emotions.

Let's just agree that we don't agree. No need to tell me that I don't get the plan when the plan is quite obvious. I just think there were some other solutions that would have saved us from giving too many fouls, but never mind. You stick to your story, I'll stick to mine.
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm
And there's the record. Congratulations Dwight, what an accomplishment...
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 pm
WarriorHawk87 wrote:And there's the record. Congratulations Dwight, what an accomplishment...

Not his fault that he was fouled so much. :)

Here's the product of that in the end, we don't have big guys in the crucial moments, and Dwight gets an offensive rebound and then scores with potentially one more from the line.
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:21 pm
Guybrush wrote:
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I said that two of them are the only ones that are hitting the jumpers...

add reddick and it's more than enough.

Redick just hit his first one...we can wait some more so you can pick another player as well. ::lol: And he was wide open on that shot.

But never mind now, Andris is already fouled out, so no much use for that zone now.

simply because orlando didn't had a chance to shoot. you just don't get the plan. look, with all our injuries we should have been blown out of this game. but this strategy worked. reason, boys, less emotions.

Let's just agree that we don't agree. No need to tell me that I don't get the plan when the plan is quite obvious. I just think there were some other solutions that would have saved us from giving too many fouls, but never mind. You stick to your story, I'll stick to mine.

ok, tell me the options besides run and gun, which we don't play anymore?

all in all it's a great game from the team.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 pm
And game is over.
freak_y
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:26 pm
@Martin:
I told you already. I was thinking of defensive plays. We needed more double teams on Dwight, with fast guys outside who could run fast to cover the shooters if they get the ball back, and we should have played zone defense a bit longer. This way, when you wanna foul him all game long you will just get all of your guys out of the game before it's over, which happened in the end, and we're losing. I just don't like that on few occasions we made intentional fouls on the start of their play.

It is a good game, we just had a chance to win it, and I was hoping that we would. I'm not content with barely winning and tough loses, especially when you're in the game until the very end. Yes, we had injuries, but if you're gonna throw that as an excuse to go for it, then you don't have to suit up for the game at all. You fight with what you got. And they did, I can't say anything bad to the players, I just feel we could have lasted longer if we switched defense a bit.
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:30 pm
One statistic for the end, Dwight made 21 FTs tonight, and we shot 19. :)

It's been fun guys, even though we lost. See you all on our next game, hopefully a win this time.
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests