*Hey guys! Finally signed up (NEW MEMBERS INTRO HERE)*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 am
ShadsTheWarrior wrote:hey guys, found this forum and couldnt resist but sign up! its hard seeing the warriors close out games like they have but only good things await! go warriors!

:hello2: Welcome ShadsTheWarrior!!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:13 am
Welcome, Shads. This place is getting quite active recently.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 am
ShadsTheWarrior wrote:hey guys, found this forum and couldnt resist but sign up! its hard seeing the warriors close out games like they have but only good things await! go warriors!

Welcome to the board!!!

Hopefully it gets better soon. Of course I have been saying that for 10+ years.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 am
It's quite better than last year already. So, now you have some positive thing to say about it. Looking lively here so far, and getting better.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:49 pm
hey new guy around here too, 17 year old from all the way across the country but ive been a warrior fan ever since i can remember
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 pm
Welcome, Ashea. You are welcome, no matter how old you are.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm
Good to see some new members. The conversing should get even better and we can all have some good basketball conversations

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:52 pm
thanks Guybrush, i look forward to having conversations with people who know whats going on with the warriors. Tough to do that here with my friends in New Hampshire, they're all big Celtics fans, although i think im bringing some of them around, haha.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm
Well, based on this season so far, it would be hard to make them fall in love with Warriors. At least before we had run n' gun type of offense that was dynamic and interesting to watch, even thou we were losing mostly, but this season, we just suck. Hopefully, some things will turn around soon...and I mean pretty soon.

When I was in Massachusetts for a while, I rarely saw people wearing Celtics shirts and stuff, it was mostly Red Sox (the only American sport I can't watch at all). So, even though even I like Celtics a bit, I wasn't of impression that they are that popular. Maybe in Boston they are more than Cape Cod for instance.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:42 pm
Some of my friends were impressed with the wins over the Knicks and Bulls but that has quickly gone away with 5 straight losses. In regards to the Celtics, people in Boston love the Celtics. No matter what team you're a fan of, everyone should see at least 1 game at the TD Banknorth Garden. The fans are absolutely nuts and its a really fun environment. I went to the Warriors vs Celtics game last year in Boston and the Celtics were up big and the crowd was loving it, but then Monta led the Warriors back although they ended up losing by a few buckets. It was a great game though. And i live about an hour away from Boston in New Hampshire and people in my area are all pretty big Celtics fans, but yes you're right in that it varies throughout New England on what team is bigger in a certain area.

On a side note, I happen to be a big 49ers fan too (and no I did not start bandwagoning them this year haha). My grandpa loved the bay area teams and ever since i was little I carried that with me. Its kind of fun to be the only person in my area wearing Warriors or 49ers apparel.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:18 pm
Ashea21 wrote:hey new guy around here too, 17 year old from all the way across the country but ive been a warrior fan ever since i can remember

:hello2: Welcome Ashea21. Glad to have you on our board.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:08 am
Ashea, welcome!! Go Niners!

Rookie
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:18 am
Hello everybody !

I hesitated a long time before sign up because I'm not american, so I have some difficulty to wright in English. But finally I do it !

I'm from South of France, and I like Warriors and especially Stephen Curry !
I would like to come on holidays to Oakland, to visit San Francisco and watch a match of Warriors. A dream.

In spite of a bad start season, I hope that warriors will qualify in playsoffs. Do you believe ? :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:27 am
Welcome, Ricard, nice to have you here.

Don't worry about not being from the USA, or your English, there's quite a lot of us here that come from other countries. And if you ever get a chance to go to San Francisco, you should definitely go, I loved the city and had a great time while I was there.

And, yeah, playoffs are still a possibility, and you can never be sure with Warriors...at least we can hope, if not believe.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 am
Thanks GuyBrush !

Go to San Francisco, I will do that ! And I will sing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdvCqUguIh8
Ahah ! ::razz:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball