Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2012-01-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 am
With this basketball what are showing GSW, I predict maximum 3 wins in next 10 plus games.
freak_y

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 am
kolins wrote:With this basketball what are showing GSW, I predict maximum 3 wins in next 10 plus games.

Hopefully you are wrong. If not, we are in for a lottery pick (which wouldn't be a bad thing... that big man in UCONN would fit well for us.).

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am
This team is definitely not ready to compete this year. I hate to already be thinking this, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking of who the Warriors could get with a top 5 pick. Maybe they will finally take a true big who can play solid minutes.

This was one of the most infuriating games I have watched. Monta is good but he is not good enough to carry a team for an entire half. I know this sounds bad, especially with Curry's injury and everything, but this would be a GREAT time to sell Monta high and build for the future. We definitely have needs on this team and this season already seems to be becoming a lost cause. Might as well not sit on Monta's value.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:01 am
It woud be insane trade Monta, but stay with Curry. Warriors need big backcourt players. Body size of this two are too small, to take care of defense. And need a big man inside the paint. And one step to trade some overpayed players is trade them with thoose two ones. Monta + Biedrins, or Curry + Biedrins. But I like second option. Curry is very bad durability and he in his career never will be good defender. Monta is great player, combo guard. Can play both possitions.

So veridict - trade Biedrins+Curry for avarage player and maybe some first round pick. Give up this season and at last hope for mirracle in loterry.
freak_y
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:17 am
I have always been on the side of keeping Curry over Monta, but the way Monta has been playing this year, and with Curry's glass ankle, I am starting to waver a bit. If Curry was healthy I would keep him but I am worried that ankle is going to be an issue his entire career.
Previous

Return to Game Threads