They Keep Teasing Us - Dwight Howard

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 pm
Why oh why are they continuing to tease us Warriors fans?

http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusades/2012/01/05/golden-state-warriors-emerge-as-new-pursuer-for-dwight-howard/
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 pm
Yeah, just read the same rumor on Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... ors_010512

It would be good if we could get him, of course, but only if they really believe they could make Dwight believe that this place is good enough for him to sign a long term deal.

The only really true thing I read there I think is the fact that we would be much more appealing to free agents if the team was based in San Francisco, cause it's quite obvious that somehow cities became so important.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 pm
One thing just crossed my mind. Aren't Howard and Nate Robinson good friends? Or am I just gone insane?

If it's the first one, then that signing of Nate has much more logic in it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:30 pm
I'm not sure if they're good friends or not..but I do think the signing of Nate has something to do with a big trade coming up. I know its the Warriors..but I'd jump at the chance to move to the beautiful Bay area if I were a player.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 pm
I don't know. We can only hope that our FO has a plan for a change, and an idea how to get some trades done. I was willing to watch this season with the same roster, pretty much, and see if they will improve. But, so far, it looks like pretty much all the same stuff as before.

I'm more and more supporting the ideas for trades.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm
Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards the trading factor too..we can't just remain the same team and expect to win.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Getting Howard is worth it. The emotions over keeping both Curry and Monta at all costs remind me of this Seinfeld exchange:

Jerry: Are you sure you want to get married? I mean, it's a big change of life.
Elaine: Jerry, it's 3 a.m. and I'm at a cock fight. What am I clinging to?
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 pm
Little Jerry Seinfeld doesn't take a dive for anyone, anywhere, anytime!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:08 pm
Get it done.

1. NBA is all about calculated risks.
2. Warriors have done what in the last X amount of years.
3. I am fed up and patience as a warriors fan keeps going down. Do we still believe ?
4. Dwight is the most dominate Center in the game, bar none, take the risk that he signs with the warriors, if not oh well
5. But that means obsorbing Hedo's contract, oh well.
6. Yes Curry is playing well, but he is not the impact that Howard is.
7. If the Magic want youth, including Udoh, Klay, picks, take the risk
At the end the conclusion is yes it is a risk, but in my opiinion it is worthy one, ask our selves what have the warriors done latley. The fact that Lacob is going after him is a start.

Not keeping my hopes up though, it will only come to pass when Howard signs.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:41 am
I would definitely risk it. One way we get Dwight and go to PO right away, on the other hand, we lose our young players, and Howard leaves after the the first and only season, and we are gonna suck for a while. But I would take a risk and suck a bit afterwards with clear path of how to build a team from scratch, than be stuck in the middle for ages. When we suck, we will at least get useful picks in the draft.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 pm
Guy wrote:I would definitely risk it. One way we get Dwight and go to PO right away, on the other hand, we lose our young players, and Howard leaves after the the first and only season, and we are gonna suck for a while. But I would take a risk and suck a bit afterwards with clear path of how to build a team from scratch, than be stuck in the middle for ages. When we suck, we will at least get useful picks in the draft.

Not if we have to give up our draft picks to get him...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:19 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Guy wrote:I would definitely risk it. One way we get Dwight and go to PO right away, on the other hand, we lose our young players, and Howard leaves after the the first and only season, and we are gonna suck for a while. But I would take a risk and suck a bit afterwards with clear path of how to build a team from scratch, than be stuck in the middle for ages. When we suck, we will at least get useful picks in the draft.

Not if we have to give up our draft picks to get him...

Of course. I was thinking if they could find a way to deal players from our current roster, without including the picks. Or to find a way to keep Curry or Thompson, if they wanna give pick away.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm
Its not like our picks over the past couple of years have been awesome..I can see the same thing happening for the next draft - middle of the pack, picking up a SF or something like that. Give the pick to Orlando..it would save us a waste of a draft pick.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Its not like our picks over the past couple of years have been awesome..I can see the same thing happening for the next draft - middle of the pack, picking up a SF or something like that. Give the pick to Orlando..it would save us a waste of a draft pick.

Well the point is if you are going to tank, you want to keep your pick so it is a high one... if you tank by giving away all best players, then give our picks for Howard, we will be the worst team in the NBA with the only chance to improve via Free Agency...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm
We won't be the worst team after that season with Howard, quite the contrary (I don't mean we'd be the best, but we'll be in the PO). So, picks from next year wouldn't mean much, but the year after might be more valuable when it comes to picks, if we can't make Howard stay.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball