What's wrong with us??!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 pm
Wow, four losses in a row!?!? :banghead: what can we do to fix this? is it our offense or defence? what do you guys think?
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:02 pm
Wow, u are already counting tomorrow as a loss? We haven't even played yet.

Our struggles were not to be unexpected, new coaches, new system, completely new bench, and no training g camp. The best thing we had going into the season was starting 5 that played together already.... But with all the injuries that has t even helped us.

Going into the season I expected us to be a .500 team. We are really not that far off from that. The disappointing part is we looked execellent during Chicago, NY, and SA games (first 3 quaters), but other times we look horribly lost. This is a really young team and it can be very good in time. But we just need our guys to stay healthy, and keep work g hard. Also we need some consistency in the rotations from Mark Jackson and the coaching staff. Players play best when they get in a rythym and know what they need to do. I don't think he has developed that so far this season. I'll cut him some slack because they didn't have a training camp and new pieces have been added almost every week.

I still think we need a solid post up center so we can play inside out. Howard is the best one, but unlikely we get him. But that is ok, there still is Al Jefferson, Bogut, Brook Lopez. Even if we can't get one of them this season we still have a decent roster that will win its share of games once we have some more games under our belt. But it may be a couple of weeks from now.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 am
Well, this team has not put in a consistent lineup for two consecutive games. There is always a new player coming in, while another one sits out. I see it as Coach Jackson trying to figure out who will fit well in his system.

Remember, there were only 2 preseason games and no summer league. For young teams like ours, that affects us much more than a veteran team.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:55 am
Agreed. New coach, new system, new players, injuries, I think it's going to take a while. That being said they haven't won in SA or LAL in ages, so no surprises there. Curry's glass ankle is a huge concern going forward though.

RealDeal welcome to the board!
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 am
2 undersized guards, one overrated shooter, one big man who dont know what is defense, one center who cant shoot free throws and dont want to make contact with others. And other Center who cant play defense and cant shoot FT too. Warriors scouting is the worst of all teams .... sad, but true.

Fire coach who improve team victorys by 10, like previrious season. Take new wihtout expirience in NBA. Its GSW. Simple as that.
freak_y

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 am
List is too long to even start.

AS of right now it's Trust, i am aware of the injuries which always seems to hinder the warriors.

But right now it's about trust, Jackson like all our coaches don't trust the entire roster, first couple of games we saw Ishmael playing well, but all sudden Nate is signed and comes right in and take his spot, Our bigs are not getting the proper rotation, Dorrell Wright not sure if this pertains to trust, but his involvement is vital, he is not even attempting to shoot.

The list can go on and on, but I know the warriors gave the Bulls their only loss of the season, they just need to game plan, and have some confidence, and hopefully stay healthy.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 am
I don't know what happened, but Jackson sure seem to lose any faith in Ish Smith. I didn't think he was playing that poorly, at least from what I saw.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:21 am
My feelings exactly Jackson just went and flipped the switch on Ish, not sure the reason I like how he was playing when given the chance. The structure the warriors create is never constant, I know the season is early but they need to establish certain line-ups.

Jackson is really high on Nate, giving him all that PT right of the get go.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:27 am
I wasn't a big fan of the Nate signing, but without Curry possibly missing a lot of time, it's looking better now.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:03 pm
True. Curry aka "The Ankle" just cant keep that ankle together, decent backup plan, Nate was a spark , but I can see him getting out control at times.

Guess it is bench for Ish and Jenkins, Jackson needs to tighten his rotation.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 pm
I thought we all already agreed that we don't have a clue as to why Jackson placed Ish in the doghouse. :)

The only problem I see here, beside those things you mentioned (young team, short preseason, injuries...etc.) is that Jackson's rotations are more than a few times quite mind boggling. And they look more like a hockey substitutions than basketball substitutions.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 pm
I like Nate over Ish if we are trying to win, Ish if we just want to feel him out for the future. Nate makes better decisions with the ball, scores more consistently, is a vet, is a leader... I'm not sure what the upside to Ish over Nate is...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:35 pm
We sure did agree that we are not sure why Ish is benched lol. I don't think it's a huge deal just interesting that he goes from playing like 20/25 mins a game to none, it was just so sudden. I like Ish's game, so him getting no minutes so sudden means the warriors don't like something about him. My observation as I see it, but Nate has been solid enough. Plus I can't say "That ish was crazy", if Ish is getting no PT time.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 pm
Ish or Nate, doesn't seem to make that huge of a difference in the overall scheme of things.
Mental toughness.... this team has lacked it since We Believe. Why? Cuz we got rid of most of the player who possessed it. When Monta Ellis -- arguably one of the worst overall players on the court -- is your Leader, then mental toughness obviously takes a back seat. Yes I said worst overall players on the court :) Monta is a great scorer, but that's really where it ends. His basketball IQ, anticipation, leadership, passing, defense, size are all below average. How many times is he gonna fall for the same pumpfakes? This hasn't changed since rookie year. It's taken him 7 years just to know how to meagerly pass or how to anticipate a double team and what to do in that situtation. How many contested shots is this guy still taking when he should be PlayMaking. I don't trust him with the ball, I've never trusted his decision making. He gets a lot of assists and points because the ball is always in his hands and he has more freedom than Kobe to shoot. If Klay Thompson or David Lee had endless freedom, I'm sure they'd average over 20 too. Most of Monta's assists come off of bail outs.

So ready to end the Monta Ellis experiment. Bottom line is he being the Man, with a decent supporting cast, has not translated to ANY type of success as far as playoffs. He's in it for himself, always has been. He's always thought he was Kobe, difference is he doesn't have the complete game, competitive fire to WIN, IQ, or ever elevated the play of the players around him to contention. /rant :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:54 pm
I know I sound negative, but I'm a realist when it comes to the team, always have been. Major changes are needed, especially with the bigs, namely Lee and AB. Defense and rebounding, like always, are the weaknesses

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball