Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:55 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I am confident they can get back on track and clinch their division... but come on! What's up with those penalties! Talk about beating yourself.... :banghead:

Asking a Raider fan that question is like going to church and asking jesus what the meaning of life.

I like Palmer.. He's throwing the interceptions at a game breaking rate.. but i think it's more of a chemisty as opposed to a tendancy interception.. they'll go down (i hope)

San Diego and Oakland have similar schedules on the home straight. I think we are in it with a real red hot shot.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:21 pm
Raiders v Vikiings... Gonna be a good matchup. Jarred Allen will challenge Valdeer, and Peterson will challenge our run defense. If we can contain the two, it will be an easy win. If not, then this can be a very long day.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:38 am
Yeah Jared Allen scares me.. (so to AD)

But Carson Palmer will have a field day against this secondary.. The VyQueens should get torched by this Quarterback whos starting to look the goods!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:47 pm
Rolando McClain in a prison cell for firing a gun during a fight whilst back in Decautar Alabama at his Granddads funeral.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 am
PAWNO wrote:Rolando McClain in a prison cell for firing a gun during a fight whilst back in Decautar Alabama at his Granddads funeral.

Idiot.

Well, IMO, he is a bit overrated since he arrived here, unlike Aaron Curry who has played amazing since arriving here.

Still, you don't like to see players do stupid things with guns. Easy ways to lose your job and go to jail.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Rolando McClain in a prison cell for firing a gun during a fight whilst back in Decautar Alabama at his Granddads funeral.

Idiot.

Well, IMO, he is a bit overrated since he arrived here, unlike Aaron Curry who has played amazing since arriving here.

Still, you don't like to see players do stupid things with guns. Easy ways to lose your job and go to jail.

Rolando McClain is superior in pass coverage
Aaron Curry sucks in pass coverage

Aaron Curry superior in tackling
Rolando McClain misses tackles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 am
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Idiot.

Rolando McClain is superior in pass coverage
Aaron Curry sucks in pass coverage

Aaron Curry superior in tackling
Rolando McClain misses tackles.

well rolando has improved immensely in pass coverage, I will give you that. He was just lost last year, and blew way too many coverages. This year, he has improved on that big time.

Curry, does not miss. He is just a gun who explodes. Even when he is not making tackles, the pressure Curry puts on an offensive player effects the game play. He is probably my favorite player on our defense right now (I like Giodono as well).

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:27 pm
They really let this game go, Megatron (Calvin Johnson) is not human. This game was real important since Denver lost and Raiders would have been tied with them if they had won.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 am
warriorsstepup wrote:They really let this game go, Megatron (Calvin Johnson) is not human. This game was real important since Denver lost and Raiders would have been tied with them if they had won.

Even Matthew Stafford is not human.

When you draft a 1st pick overall Quarterback the year after you draft the 2nd pick overall (should of been no.1.. stupid Jamarcus) then you have a solid platform for a team over the next 10-15 years (if they stay the course)

But what a shame.. Raiders need to win both games (@KC & vSD) & then have the broncos lose in week 17.

We can still get the wildcard spot if the JETS lose to (vNYG & @MIA) & if we win out.

But the AFC WEST is so tight... all 4 teams still in contention.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 am
Just a sad effort in the end... if you play "prevent defense", you are preventing yourself to win.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm
Losing McFadden really hurt the Rush/McFadd was obviously better, and Mcfadd was on a role earlier in the season with break away runs until the injury.

Hopefully they can regroup, the 2 next games will be so important, understatement.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO SEBASTIAN JANOKOWSKI

Best Kicker in the game.. Finally gets rewarded with a probowl appearance.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:58 am
Thoughts on Rivers and Gates from the Chargers making the pro-bowl, I for one am pissed or I am now realizing how many great QB's the NFC has, when Strattford and Cam Newton don't make the cut.

Tom Brady deserving so had a great year, but Big Ben and Rivers definitely did not, guess this says alot about the QB's in the AFC.

McFadd this was definitely Prob bowl, damn injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:06 am
Raiders should fire their D coordinator. Dude sucked at creating effective blitzes and it exposed our team against the pass all season. I give him credit against the run this season, as it was better than previous years, but against the pass really killed us.

I say keep John Fassel (special teams) and Al Saunders (o-coordinator). Both have been good enough at their respective roles.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Raiders should fire their D coordinator. Dude sucked at creating effective blitzes and it exposed our team against the pass all season. I give him credit against the run this season, as it was better than previous years, but against the pass really killed us.

I say keep John Fassel (special teams) and Al Saunders (o-coordinator). Both have been good enough at their respective roles.

Missing Chris Johnson most of the season hurt... (& NnamdiAsomugha departure too) ... I'd like to keep Rod Woodson around as I think he can teach our secondary a thing or two... But yeah. Chuck Bresnahan needs to be fired and we need to go get Jack Del Rio to be our playcaller on D.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board