Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Warriors 2011-12-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 pm
I'm curious if people here will still question the addition of Rush, after this game. :) Guy is playing his ass off.

Kwame is great on defense and in rebounding. And team as a whole plays really good god damn defense! Amazing!

The only weak link is Monta...and possibly Dorell.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 pm
Bullshit call on Kwame on that blocking foul.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:37 pm
McGuire playing amazing D, general and 1 on 1 on Carmelo. And Monta woke up and is starting to play some offense. No more run and gun, but damn, this is still one fun team to watch.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:51 pm
Damn this is nice, the Knicks big 3 got shut down, like the way things are going down, I also like how Mark Jackson rested Monta during his dry spell not forcing him to keep playing. We are putting work on the Knicks. Brandon Rush good game of the bench

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 pm
Wow! WHo says defense is boring! That was the best half of warriors basketball I have seen in a long time. Great Defense.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:17 pm
Guy wrote:I'm curious if people here will still question the addition of Rush, after this game. :) Guy is playing his ass off.

Kwame is great on defense and in rebounding. And team as a whole plays really good god damn defense! Amazing!

The only weak link is Monta...and possibly Dorell.

Rush has already far exceeded anything Amundson did for us last season. I'm amazed at the job Jackson and the front office have done putting this roster together. One of the most notable things is our depth, its weird to not only give guys rest or to have guys come step up in the absence of a player like Curry but the ability to try different rotations when our starters are having off nights.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 pm
BTW, i am probably looking too much into this, but if you watched Monta Ellis on the post game conference, the dude looks completely stoned. He is looking down, doing some goofy half smile, and mumbling more words than usual. PLus, his eyes are all red.

I am not saying he is, but he looked a bit like it.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:00 am
I read somewhere Monta's grandma died on Christmas day, so am sure is affecting him, or perhaps still emotional about it. Have to remember his grandma raised him up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 am
warriorsstepup wrote:I read somewhere Monta's grandma died on Christmas day, so am sure is affecting him, or perhaps still emotional about it. Have to remember his grandma raised him up.

That is true... I didn't think about that. Good point.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 am
Yeah I suppose we can forgive his sloppy performance in the first 3 quarters - but that 4th quarter makes it all better regardless - 12 pts 7 assists! I hope he can be more consistent because we can play offense like that and turnover the ball and expect to win many games... or can we? Still too soon to tell but our D looks legit and we are clearly out working these over-paid, pampered, superstars.

I love how we shut down and frustrated their big 3 (particularly Chandler - prolly gonna wish you took that extra $2 mil to come to G. State once it's all said and done!), serves them right for feeling so entitled to dictate what teams they play for while undermining the entire NBA FA/trade system. F*CK EM!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:43 am
JREED wrote:Yeah I suppose we can forgive his sloppy performance in the first 3 quarters - but that 4th quarter makes it all better regardless - 12 pts 7 assists! I hope he can be more consistent because we can play offense like that and turnover the ball and expect to win many games... or can we? Still too soon to tell but our D looks legit and we are clearly out working these over-paid, pampered, superstars.

I love how we shut down and frustrated their big 3 (particularly Chandler - prolly gonna wish you took that extra $2 mil to come to G. State once it's all said and done!), serves them right for feeling so entitled to dictate what teams they play for while undermining the entire NBA FA/trade system. F*CK EM!

Yeah, I think Chandler is vastly overpaid (as most big men are). Good for us we didn't commit to such a big deal.
Previous

Return to Game Threads