Lou Amundson traded for Brandon Rush

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:12 am
JREED wrote:
migya wrote:This team needed bigs far more than smalls! F's sake

I thought the same thing, but now.... Wow! This was a slam dunk for our front office. If he keeps this up he might make Ellis expendable.

Well I'm not as high on ellis as I once was because of his character issues, but he is still the best player on the floor. I don't like how Ellis is slowing down the offense sometimes. But on when we are in half court set we don't have any one who can create like Ellis can. Ellis has been creating for himself and others. From a SG position, that is gold.

I tell you one thing, Rush is everything we wanted from Reggie Williams. Defense and offense. Rush keeps playing like this he will win two awards: most improved and 6th man.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 am
Who won last year's most improved player award? I forgot that...I know Dorell should have been in the conversation.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 am
Aaron Brooks, who is now limited to a bench player in Phoenix.

If Rush continues he will definitely be in the running.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:30 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
JREED wrote:

I thought the same thing, but now.... Wow! This was a slam dunk for our front office. If he keeps this up he might make Ellis expendable.

Well I'm not as high on ellis as I once was because of his character issues, but he is still the best player on the floor. I don't like how Ellis is slowing down the offense sometimes. But on when we are in half court set we don't have any one who can create like Ellis can. Ellis has been creating for himself and others. From a SG position, that is gold.

I tell you one thing, Rush is everything we wanted from Reggie Williams. Defense and offense. Rush keeps playing like this he will win two awards: most improved and 6th man.

Rsuh > Reggie, I like Reggie and hated to see him go but Rush plays some nice D and just looks like an all around solid NBA guard.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:17 pm
I said it when I heard about the trade that Rush is an upgrade over Reggie. I'm glad it looks like it so far. Reggie's defense was pretty bad, and he was a streaky shooter. One night he would score over 20 points, and the next you won't notice him on the court. Rush is always good on D, and his scoring is always close to some number, it doesn't regress that much, like with Reggie.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:33 pm
I think Reggie is better at putting the ball in the basket but Rush will have more to offer to the team. I don't expect Rush to keep playing at this pace but he will be an important member of the team.

Rush's "ceiling of contribution" is about the same as what D-Wright gave us last year: Good off-ball shooter who can occasionally make a play for himself. Expecting anything more is unrealistic.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:11 am
JREED wrote:

Rush is looking like a major pickup, though it is early, he has been awesome and the team is winning

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball