David Lee naysayers

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:24 am
I see on RealGM.com a lot of fans who have a problem with Lee's contract. Can we just give it up already? The guy is a former big man all star and in his prime. That's huge in Warriorland. The positives he brings to this team - leadership, character, rebounding, scoring, passing, etc. outweigh his slightly "overpaid" contract.

One of the problems with many Warrior fans is they look at the contract FIRST and talent and production second when analyzing a player. It's why everyone was high on Dorrell Wright and some low on the David Lee trade. They look at achieving "good value" like it's the ONLY barometer to building a team. That's not how you win games though. Talent wins games, and as we've seen for the last 10+ yrs, cap space doesn't guarantee a FA. David Lee was a GOOD move by Lacob imo. You know why? Because the alternative was Anthony Randolph, instability, and a bunch of question marks. How soon people forget. I mean fans were still hyping Brandan Wright as someone who could start before we got Lee lol.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 pm
I like Lee and I like that we got him. He is better then what we saw last year, at the end of the season he was pretty darn good. Yes he is overpaid, but only by 3 or 4 million. Is he an elietd PF? No. he made the all star team as a center, and there weren't many good centers out there.. And he was the last pick up because some one else couldn't make it.

Still, I like him on our team as the third best option. Ellis #1, Curry #2, Lee # 3. As long as his contract doesn't get In the way of resigning Ellis and Curry, I'm ok with what he gets paid.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:13 pm
yall retarded? did you forget david lee played with a 2 inch hole in his ****ing elbow?

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:03 pm
Not the biggest fan of David Lee, but think he will be much more improved. Not the post presence I had hoped for, but he became skilled enough last year to step out and make jumpers consistently. Do wish he was a bit stronger on the defensive side, but that also comes with having strong side help from the Center position.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:08 pm
say nay if you with me y'all.
look around the league.
time will tell if these super teams stocked with a few superstars
(acquired after years of cap clearance planning)
amount to championship level squads. tough to fill out a roster when 3 players consume 80% + of your payroll.
still...
david lee? really?
no.

still don't understand how that trade went thru in the midst of the ownership turnover dealings.
lacob & co must've really pushed for it. bet they'd take it back if they could today.
nothing personal against lee- seems like a good guy, works hard, good in the locker room.
no way to justify tying up your teams big play acquisition future hopes to get a player with such glaring deficiencies.

had to sign up to counter the theme of this post.
saying you're happy with what lee brings to our team tells me you think mediocre is good enough
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:28 am
Rehren1296 wrote:yall retarded? did you forget david lee played with a 2 inch hole in his ****ing elbow?

I'm not sure I understand the point of this post... Seems like you are defending David Lee to other Lee supporters and very rudely. :scratch:

Return to Warriors Basketball