Welcome Kwame Brown... I guess...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 am
TRON wrote:I just say chill out, nothing more. The front office didn't have much options. Would you give Curry Knowing that CP will be gone next season? Would you waive on amnesty AB to have him in Houston on a 12points 11rebounds season with part of his contract still paid by you?

I never blamed the front office for anything, in fact the only people I have blamed is the selfish players and perhaps some of the blame for this needs to be shared with the league.

I fail to see how your questions have any relevance since I'm not blaming anyone internally, but I'll answer anyways - I've said in other posts that I would not want to trade Curry for a loaner CP3, if we had of got Chandler though, I think there was a decent possibility that we could have retained CP3, so that's the only case that I would go for that. I thought the whole point of the amnesty deal was to release a player without penalty... I still think it is and if that's the case... YES! GOD YES! Bell was a pointless amnesty other than it helped us complete that blockbuster acquisition of Kwame Brown. Beans is the 3rd biggest contract we have and he suuuuucks.

At this point we need to stay where we are because there is nothing else out there for us, except more damage. I'm not sure that we aren't even a worse team this year than last due to the loss of Reggie Williams (our only good backup guard) and we have a new coach, unfamiliar with the team.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Our FO was prepared to amnesty Biedrins and sign Tyson Chandler. We were his #1 choice until he heard the Knicks made him their #1 priority. Of course Chandler is gonna sign to go play with Melo and Amare in NY. Knicks paid a lot and I'm glad we didn't go hire. CP3's words helped dictate the market for Chandler which I thought was unfair. Teams can reach agreements like this, then sign the contract after the player is amnestied.

Now, our 2nd choice was Jordan. In order to make an offer, (unlike a UFA) we had to actually have the cap space available to sign him to this offer sheet, hence the amnesty of Bell. If we amnestied Biedrins and Clips still matched we would be absolutely screwed. Was our shot at Jordan worth amnestying Bell. Hopefully it is, as Clips will have more trouble surrounding CP3 with talent and if they don't reach WCF within those first 2 season he is gone. Sterling took a big risk, but has not proven he's ready to keep making splashy moves to appease these stars.

Kwame's contract is now an assett that could be valuable for acquiring talent as other teams look to shed salary before 2012.
Get Money. Get Paid.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 am
I'm not arguing with the decisions that the team has made - in fact I agree with them for the most part. I'm not pissed about how the Jordan deal went down, but I'm mad that a team like the Knicks can acquire these types of players for cheaper than we can. It pisses me off to hear guy like Billups come out and say sh*t like he did and guys like Melo and Howard forcing trades - the player's unchecked ability to undermine the entire free agency and trade processes is a runaway train right now and I don't think there is anything anyone can do at this point to stop these selfish a-holes from ruining the game for fans of the lesser attractive teams/cities.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:34 pm
If that's the case i am with you all the way. Oh and don't forget, amnesty help you only to clear your salary cap from a contract. That means that contract steel has to be paid. If you pay 10mil a year to a player, let him go on amnesty and he doesn't sign to a team you will keep paying him until his contract expires. If he signs with another team and they give him 5mil you will steel pay him the remaining 5mil of his contract until it expires. That means players with big contracts are not easy to amnesty.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:19 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
Kwame as a player I have heard too many negative complains about the guy to be on board with him having an impact here.

Well, he did get off on the wrong foot when he was talking smack against his teammate during his rookie season... that teammate being Michael Jordan. Since that incident, I really didn't like him.

But he did play for Michael Last year, and played ok. So who knows

Rule #1 in basketball never diss Michael Jordan, hopefully that had to do with "he was real young" excuse.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:21 pm
Stephen A. Smith goes in on Kwame.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:15 pm
So far I kinda think he has played all right. Want him to get nastier on the boards though. Damn, he has the frame for it but not the brain.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 am
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

that is messed up... I can't believe they would spend the money to make such crap
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:17 pm
I agree. Kwame will never live up to his draft position, but it's not like he doesn't put any effort. He is useful player, just not as much as you expect out of a first pick overall. He also had those problems out of basketball, but he seems like he's calm and willing to play his part, whatever part they have in plan for him.

There are far more worse players and slackers than him. I don't think he's a slacker at all...and I can't blame him for his draft position, he didn't draft himself.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:27 pm
More Kwame on the news.... :roll: Apparently, he is taking some credit for Andrew Bynum's success.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/nba-stiff-takes-credit-lakers-stars-success
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 pm
Good news then. Andris will be a superstar next year. Heston Howard.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:More Kwame on the news.... :roll: Apparently, he is taking some credit for Andrew Bynum's success.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/nba-stiff-takes-credit-lakers-stars-success

I'm sure Kwame was extremely instrumental in Bynum's success... By serving as an example of who not to be like.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm
JREED wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:More Kwame on the news.... :roll: Apparently, he is taking some credit for Andrew Bynum's success.

I'm sure Kwame was extremely instrumental in Bynum's success... By serving as an example of who not to be like.

:)

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Kwame had a classic missed dunk the other night against the Lakers. Hope Bynum was taking notes...
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball