The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 am
I agree on all points, Crackerz, Ryan is just giving his O some love, but to say that anyone is better than MEGATRON right now is simply an absurd statement. I'm so sick of bother the Ryan brothers - actually I'm sick of coaches talking period - just STFU and do you job!

How about Chris Carter saying that MEGATRON wasn't a top WR - and standing by that assertion until after week 4 - WTF!>!>?!?1?! Idiot, never had much respect for this guy's opinion of the game and now I have negative respect for it.

I've actually been somewhat of a Lions fan for a long time - my brother was a Lions fan growing up and Barry Sanders was my 2nd favorite player, so I'm happy to see them do well - beyond it just being a good story. If any place deserves the attention and morale boost it's Detroit. I could careless about the Bills, they haven't been as bad for as long.

Oh yeah, as some of you know, I started a petition to have Jaws fired from MNF:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ron-jaw ... m=own_wall
Kind of random, I know, but it needs to happen.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm
how about dem colts... unbelievable. I thought they would be better than this. Well, manning being my favorite player... you see how important he is to this club.... if any team was to grab Luck, i hope it is them. My favorite player helping out what most likely will be my new favorite player.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am
Yeah their coach needs to be fired - like now! That guy is worthless. If they get luck it will be a perfect situation because Manning will help him and he'll get to sit on the bench for a few seasons and learn from one of the greatest of all time. Crazy thing if it happens - the Colts will have drafted the two most highly praised and wanted QBs coming out of college in the last 15 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:23 am
I think if manning might have 1-2 more seasons in him.

I say, if he isn't 100% he should retired and become the QB's coach in Indy (or even better the head coach, who surrounds himself with a good staff). Typically stars make terrible coaches, but Manning is an absolute exception. He is the smartest player in NFL history. Knows how to read defenses just as well as offense. He would be a great head coach.

I say, put him in right away, but give him support with quality coordinators.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:35 am
A.J. Green reminds me of a young Terrell Owens.... Very strong and fast... If he gets stronger (like TO did after his rookie year), Green can be the most dominate WR for years to come.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Yeah but Green still has a long ways to go before he can be compared with the 2nd greatest WR of all time. Yeah I said it, check the stats. I see him as having better hands and not quite the big play capability.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:23 am
JREED wrote:Yeah but Green still has a long ways to go before he can be compared with the 2nd greatest WR of all time. Yeah I said it, check the stats. I see him as having better hands and not quite the big play capability.

I agree completely that TO is the second best WR of all time... It probably could have been Moss, if he didn't take plays (and games) off.... TO always put 100% effort during the games, and was just a physical freak.

However, if you look at AJ Green, he looks a lot like owens. Lets hope he doesn't have an ego like him.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Manning is going to be released tomorrow, my money is on the Redskins.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 pm
I was thinking the same thing, but then I read this:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -redskins/

I guess it's Miami in the end, which I thought was the second most likely destination for Peyton.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 pm
I just read that and came back here to retract! Yeah Miami sounds like a go now, they have some decent weapons w/ Bush and Marshal, throw Wayne and Manning in that mix and that offense is downright stacked!

I love that the Jets are sheepishly trying to get involved, they (like all NYC sports franchises) are pathetic - everyone is tired of their name's being thrown in every time anyone even sniffs a FA. two years ago everyone (including me) was riding their jocks - "Jets are loaded! They're gonna win it all!" and they bought up anyone with a name and proceeded to get worse all the while claiming that Sanchez is an Elite QB and future HoFer. Now, the Jets and Big Mouth's circus act has worn the novelty off and exhausted NFL fans, there is nothing to do but win - too bad they'll never be able to do that! Sanchez sucks, Ryan is like a George W. Bush grade idiot and that City is just a horrendous sports town because they smother everything to death and ruin good things by proclaiming greatest at the first glimpse of above-average!

Yeah I just ranted and sh**ted on NYC sports, I'll never pass up even the smallest opportunity to do so, but if anyone things this is even remotely a result of the NFC Championship game - you are wrong. Actually the Giants are about the only NYC franchise I don't completely hate and what I said above doesn't apply to them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm
I wouldn't want to play for the redskins either... it is where QB's go and die. But so is miami. Just too many QBs in those 2 franchises.

Gonna be interested to see where he goes. Manning will always be one of my favorite all time players. Definitely my favorite QB. I hope he becomes a head coach when he retires.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:14 pm
JREED wrote:
Yeah I just ranted and sh**ted on NYC sports, I'll never pass up even the smallest opportunity to do so, but if anyone things this is even remotely a result of the NFC Championship game - you are wrong. Actually the Giants are about the only NYC franchise I don't completely hate and what I said above doesn't apply to them.

Which New York Giants? The Men in Blue or the baseball team (playing out West)???

:-)

Yeah I saw the JETS extended Sanchez contract.. What a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:40 pm
Time to vote for the craziest team in the week:

A. Colts- for cutting their key players (plus putting the rest on the trading block)
B. Washington- for giving 3 first round picks (including a 6th overall), 1 second round pick for this years 2nd overall
C. New York Jets- for extending Mark Sanchez 3 more years (he still had 2 years left).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:43 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Time to vote for the craziest team in the week:

A. Colts- for cutting their key players (plus putting the rest on the trading block)
B. Washington- for giving 3 first round picks (including a 6th overall), 1 second round pick for this years 2nd overall
C. New York Jets- for extending Mark Sanchez 3 more years (he still had 2 years left).

Has to be "C"

New York JETS
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 am
I don't see Colts as a crazy team. They are cutting ties with Manning's guys, and are making room for Luck to develop his team. Anyway, those players are already old, they would just get them maybe couple more wins, which would end up costing them high draft pick, and a new weapon for Luck. And pretty much all of them are under performing, Addai can't return to his best year's form, Freeney wasn't good last season, Clark also wasn't great, and they all have problems with injuries.

They are starting from scratch, and keeping just guys who played well and weren't injured a lot.

So, I would say it's either Jets or Redskins, it's really hard to decide at this point.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board