Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:41 pm
1 year $7 million, yay! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 pm
This is terrible deal..

least the money won't be tied up in Kwame longterm.

back to the drawing board in the offseason of 2012 i guess.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:08 pm
At least he won't have time to be acclimated into our team with training camp...hopefully this will be a good thing, being thrown to the wolves...may be his last year so he'll want to pick it up. I don't think he'll destroy the team..just won't help with any garbage time (hopefully a lot) that he picks up.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm
I don't think this is a bad signing at all. If you look at Kwame's, Chandler's, Jordan's and Dalembert's numbers they are not all that different. If you looks a few years ago, the FO after striking out would have shelled out a huge contract to a player like Maggette, or in this case Dalambert. We had to overpay a bit since it's a 1 year deal, but we also have a $7 million expiring contract right when a bunch of teams will be trying to clear cap space for this summer.

Pair that with a valuable contract and player like Monta and we could be able to get a really nice piece at the trade deadline. At worst this is a solid move by the FO
Get Money. Get Paid.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:48 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I don't think this is a bad signing at all. If you look at Kwame's, Chandler's, Jordan's and Dalembert's numbers they are not all that different. If you looks a few years ago, the FO after striking out would have shelled out a huge contract to a player like Maggette, or in this case Dalambert. We had to overpay a bit since it's a 1 year deal, but we also have a $7 million expiring contract right when a bunch of teams will be trying to clear cap space for this summer.

Pair that with a valuable contract and player like Monta and we could be able to get a really nice piece at the trade deadline. At worst this is a solid move by the FO

Maybe solid considering our options (because nobody wants to play for us), but it represents our deficiencies as a destination for quality players and the fact that we are packing it in for the season.

I'll make a sig bet right now with someone that Curry either forces a deal at some point (after extension or whatever) or goes somewhere else for less money (if he isn't restricted) in the next 3-4 seasons. I would say the same about Monta but I think the team pull the trigger on him before he gets the chance. We should through up a slogan on the banner like we had before, "Where nobody wants to play."
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 pm
Stop bitching man it's too early. You can't turn around the fame of a team in 1 year. The new owners changed everything. They seem determined to turn this team around. May not happen this year but it will happen. I am optimistic for our team this year. I believe that a lot of players have something to prove right now. It may be a year of revelation's for us. I can't wait for the season to begin.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:32 pm
Well, we weren't gonna get anyone better than him, so a one year deal isn't too bad... I think this means that the warriors don't expect to go to the playoffs this year.... OR... Kwame could be a trade piece come March during the deadline.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I don't think this is a bad signing at all. If you look at Kwame's, Chandler's, Jordan's and Dalembert's numbers they are not all that different. If you looks a few years ago, the FO after striking out would have shelled out a huge contract to a player like Maggette, or in this case Dalambert. We had to overpay a bit since it's a 1 year deal, but we also have a $7 million expiring contract right when a bunch of teams will be trying to clear cap space for this summer.

+1, totally agree.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:53 pm
I said it before, I like Kwame more than Jordan...when you take into consideration that Jordan would be a long term investment with that amount of money, I'm even happier.

In almost the same amount of time spent on the court they have almost identical numbers in PPG and RPG, the only difference being blocks, but Kwame is far better defender in one-on-one situations. And I think he would have better numbers yet, if he didn't play for Bobcats, their style of play is similar to ours, but this new defensive approach that we are taking might be just what he needs. It would be a mutual benefit.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 pm
Guy wrote:I said it before, I like Kwame more than Jordan...when you take into consideration that Jordan would be a long term investment with that amount of money, I'm even happier.

In almost the same amount of time spent on the court they have almost identical numbers in PPG and RPG, the only difference being blocks, but Kwame is far better defender in one-on-one situations. And I think he would have better numbers yet, if he didn't play for Bobcats, their style of play is similar to ours, but this new defensive approach that we are taking might be just what he needs. It would be a mutual benefit.

+1. And unless Chandler or Jordan were to improve their numbers much more (doubtful), Kwame is actually a better assett. His 7 million coupled with an assett like Monta or Beans (if he can ever return to form) is starting point for a superstar type trade. Or trade Kwame's expiring for a bit longer of a contract (more years but similar pirce for a quality player on a team trying to shed salary) and a 2012 1st rounder
Get Money. Get Paid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 am
At least its only a 1 year deal. Warriors needed to make a desperate move at the center position but none of tthe targeted free agents came here. This is not a major signing, something temporary, but the warriors will need to address the center position for the future whether it be through draft of next years free agency. For a team that didnt make the playoffs certian changes were needed specially at the center position, nobody came so we rent Kwame for a year.

Kwame as a player I have heard too many negative complains about the guy to be on board with him having an impact here.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
Kwame as a player I have heard too many negative complains about the guy to be on board with him having an impact here.

Well, he did get off on the wrong foot when he was talking smack against his teammate during his rookie season... that teammate being Michael Jordan. Since that incident, I really didn't like him.

But he did play for Michael Last year, and played ok. So who knows
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 am
TRON wrote:Stop bitching man it's too early. You can't turn around the fame of a team in 1 year. The new owners changed everything. They seem determined to turn this team around. May not happen this year but it will happen. I am optimistic for our team this year. I believe that a lot of players have something to prove right now. It may be a year of revelation's for us. I can't wait for the season to begin.

It isn't a matter of turning around the "fame" (?) of the team, the issue is the now standard trend of players being able to dictate which teams they play for. If this continues, even the draft will suffer the same variety of manipulation (Eli Manning anyone?). It's all about having a team in an attractive city to these guys and/or being an established/perceived contender - that second condition is a vicious circle - how do you become a contender when nobody good wants to player for you?

I'll bitch all I want, especially when it comes to Kwame f'n Brown, last I checked this is a Warrior message board and we haven't had much to warrant optimism in the past couple of decades. I'm not saying posters shouldn't be optimistic, but nobody should get down on another member for exhibiting the frustration and anger we either all feel now or will once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs late March - early April.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm
I just say chill out, nothing more. The front office didn't have much options. Would you give Curry Knowing that CP will be gone next season? Would you waive on amnesty AB to have him in Houston on a 12points 11rebounds season with part of his contract still paid by you?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:33 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Well, we weren't gonna get anyone better than him, so a one year deal isn't too bad... I think this means that the warriors don't expect to go to the playoffs this year.... OR... Kwame could be a trade piece come March during the deadline.

Getting Kwame makes no sense, unless it's how you said it, that he be used in a trade. Interesting to see what kind of a trade, but other than that, terrible signing. At least it is just for one year

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball