Amnesty

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:11 am
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Roy wouldn't be the starter, he would be coming off the bench. And he would be a good bench player. It is not a bad Idea, and you probably wouldn't have to pay him much. But I think there are safer bets out there. But what is most attactive about him, is not his ability to play, but his ability to lead. That is why they are interested. He would be a positive force in the locker room, and on the second squad, making those around him that much better.

By the way, he has 2 bad knees, not just one.

Oden is the blazzer with 1 bad knee.

Good point with the 2 bad knees comment; you're right!!!
Agree he could have some value as a role player, but his competitive drive was starting to be a wedge in Portland. Because he wanted to play so badly he started making waves and causing problems in the locker room during the playoffs. Risky, but low $ investment and possible good reward and he's a good citizen so I'm with you there.

How long before there's an NBA player who does a comeback with an artificial knee like the old-timers get??? Or is Roy already the 1st???
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 am
I'd like it if our front office would try really hard to get either Paul or Howard. If they want to spend, they could amnesty either Biedrins or Lee (Lee in case they really want to clear some cap money), and make room for Paul or Howard, and then replace either Monta or Steph by signing Brandon Roy. If they decide to deal Lee, and not Biedrins, and we get Paul, then we could also try to sign David West.

Quite a lot of options there are out there, they just need a pair of balls to pull the trigger on pulling something big.

In case we go for Howard we would send them something like Monta, Wright and perhaps Biedrins if they would go for it, or some picks.

And in case we go for Paul, we send them Curry, Thompson and picks perhaps.

Then, depending of who we amnesty, we can look into options to fill the roster, like I said, Roy in case we deal Monta, and West if we amnesty Lee.

Just thinking out loud here. Though, based on some rumors I read.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:48 am
Guybrush wrote:I'd like it if our front office would try really hard to get either Paul or Howard. If they want to spend, they could amnesty either Biedrins or Lee (Lee in case they really want to clear some cap money), and make room for Paul or Howard, and then replace either Monta or Steph by signing Brandon Roy. If they decide to deal Lee, and not Biedrins, and we get Paul, then we could also try to sign David West.

Quite a lot of options there are out there, they just need a pair of balls to pull the trigger on pulling something big.

In case we go for Howard we would send them something like Monta, Wright and perhaps Biedrins if they would go for it, or some picks.

Then, depending of who we amnesty, we can look into options to fill the roster, like I said, Roy in case we deal Monta, and West if we amnesty Lee.

Can't see replacing Monta with Roy. He has no lateral movement, no hops. He is a role player at this point and that's best-case. All for going for one of the big names, but they never come.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:54 am
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I'd like it if our front office would try really hard to get either Paul or Howard. If they want to spend, they could amnesty either Biedrins or Lee (Lee in case they really want to clear some cap money), and make room for Paul or Howard, and then replace either Monta or Steph by signing Brandon Roy. If they decide to deal Lee, and not Biedrins, and we get Paul, then we could also try to sign David West.

Can't see replacing Monta with Roy. He has no lateral movement, no hops. He is a role player at this point and that's best-case. All for going for one of the big names, but they never come.

Yeah, true, but I have high hopes for Thompson, so I would give him a lot of playing time alongside Roy. plus, we have Reggie Williams (if we extend him) and Dorell can play the SG position as well if needed.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:15 pm
If our front office has aspirations for superstars, it is possible. What would need to happen is that we trade Curry, Wright (in a 2 year contract trading Wright this year could be a good idea, especially if we could get a 1st round pick out of it) to New Orleans for Chris Paul. New Orleans is going nowhere, so they will definitely have to trade Paul. Curry's father spent his career with the Hornets and Curry is from the south east. He is a face of franchise type talent and personality.

With Paul, we would probably make the playoffs (although we are smaller, Paul is a much better defender than Curry), and moving from an arena that no one attends to one of the most electric crowds in the NBA could go a long way. In the mean time we need to hope that the Magic do not trade Howard and get off to a white hot start. They look like a championship caliber team, but melt down in the playoffs forcing Howard to become a free agent.

We would have 2 of the 5 players Dwight said he'd most like to play with in Monta and Paul, plus the best PF he has played with in Lee (who is a perfect complimentary player as he rebounds and can stretch the floor a bit - rich man's Ryan Anderson) Plus a great shooter in Thompson, who is supposed to be the real deal. We would easily be the #1 destination for Howard, as we'd have a core of Paul, Monta, Lee and Howard all entering their primes at the same time in a warm weather city that is not NY/LA/CHI but on the next tier of big markets.

Get it done Riley/Myers/West
Get Money. Get Paid.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:18 pm
dwight and cp3 belongs to big city, they will not come to the warriors. keep it real
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 am
Sucks that we had to waste our amnesty on Bell and couldn't save it for Beans - shouldn't the fact that Bell is a degenerate alcoholic and has violated league conduct (or NBA equivalent) multiple times be enough to dispose of him and his contract without penalty?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 am
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, what amount of stupid things does one need to commit so the club could terminate his contract without consequences to their cap space? I believe now we have pulled ourselves out of any possible big name players...probably getting Jordan would be our biggest move, if we manage that in the first place.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:33 pm
facue420 wrote:dwight and cp3 belongs to big city, they will not come to the warriors. keep it real

Sad but true. The big names aren't coming unless we trade every asset we have then the team will suck because we won't have any upper tier players EXCEPT the one we dealt everyone for.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 pm
I thought this front office was suppose to be smart, but really Charlie Bell was going to be off they payroll by next season. The amnesty could of been saved for AB(if he ever going to be the player before his contract many have doubts) or David Lee(good trade by Lacob but bad signing overpaid player later on in the contract). Just feel like they trying everything they can to get into the playoffs with this team, but don't make dumb moves like wasting your amnesty on a insignificant contract.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:28 pm
Having an expensive contract doesn't mean you have to give your player away. AB will be the biggest surprise of the year. Right now center's with his potential and age, get 10+ millions per year. If we let him go there will be at least 10 teams opening champagne's and drinking in our name's.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:37 pm
TRON wrote:Having an expensive contract doesn't mean you have to give your player away. AB will be the biggest surprise of the year. Right now center's with his potential and age, get 10+ millions per year. If we let him go there will be at least 10 teams opening champagne's and drinking in our name's.

That the problem he can't get better with the Warriors, but somehow if he goes to another good team he will have an impact, because he surrounded by great players who minimize his weaknesses.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:08 am
fullmetalx wrote:
TRON wrote:Having an expensive contract doesn't mean you have to give your player away. AB will be the biggest surprise of the year. Right now center's with his potential and age, get 10+ millions per year. If we let him go there will be at least 10 teams opening champagne's and drinking in our name's.

That the problem he can't get better with the Warriors, but somehow if he goes to another good team he will have an impact, because he surrounded by great players who minimize his weaknesses.

its not like we are going to be a playoff contender team by just trading Beans away. i dont mind let this current roster play through this year and see how it goes and do a move next yr. i mean we have good chemistry now with this new warriors coach and the new group of FO. AB seems like he got his confidence back in the interview video. i still believe in him!!
Last edited by facue420 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:10 am
oh and he recently became a parent, so i believe it def got him more matured,
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 am
facue420 wrote:
fullmetalx wrote:

its not like we are going to be a playoff contender team by just trading Beans away. i dont mind let this current roster play through this year and see how it goes and do a move next yr. i mean we have good chemistry now with this new warriors coach and the new group of FO. AB seems like he got his confidence back in the interview video. i still believe in him!!

Why wouldn't we be? W finished 12th in the West last season at 10 games behind 7th and 8th (NO was one of those teams and will be far worse this season). We gave up the 3rd most points, the most rebounds and we finished 12th in total rebounds for ourselves. I actually believe that if we upgraded beans (it wouldn't take much), we could be a playoff team.

I still don't understand where you are seeing the chemistry, I wish I was watching the same games you were because I saw 2 PGs on the floor that are just now learning to tolerate each other. A disgruntled superstar that is on the trading block every other week, the same superstar that reportedly said he didn't want to even be around David Lee. A team that doesn't play good D - lots of good individual effort but anything but team D. A team that doesn't rebound at all, doesn't even try.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball