Greg Monroe

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:04 am
Thanks again Larry Riley for wasting a potentially useful lottery pick on Udoh last year. Why in the hell didn't we draft the best center available to us at the time? Greg Monroe would have solved A LOT of our problems and we wouldn't be clamoring for a big man right now. Get the hell out of here Larry Riley and let Bob Myers take over already.

» Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 am
I hear you, man. Though, even though I wanted Monroe at the time, I can't say I'm displeased with Udoh so far. He might turn out to be the better player of the two.

All Star
» Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:59 pm
Nah, Greg Monoroe may be a better choice in the long run, but we still haven't seen Udoh at 100%. I think he will be a great backup PF. Plays great D. Could even develop a low post game.

Monroe is a god passer, but don't think he is a good defender. If u gave me a choice between beans and Monroe I would go with Beans.

Role Player
» Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:41 pm
If we had drafted Monroe, we could probably offer one of the better packages for Dwight.

» Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm
I don't believe Udoh is that far behind Monroe, value wise.

Role Player
» Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm
Guy wrote:I don't believe Udoh is that far behind Monroe, value wise.

Maybe not if Udoh makes improvements on offense, but Monroe was already a legit 15-10 guy who is also a great passer. You can run an offense through him, but also need a PF like Ibaka or Udoh next to him on defense. Udoh currently is a bit of a tweener (although saw videos of him and he has definietly bulked up, along with Curry).

Starting Lineup
» Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 am
Yup no kidding. I remember threads of U - DOH!! when we drafted him over Monroe.
Just saw we just got Kwame Brown for 1yr/$7mil....
??????
no words can explain that. Why not go after Dalembert who's a defensive force. The only silver lining I see from this is it's only 1 yr. Isn't he a bust?
Can we just trade Ellis for Iggy and be done with it... that alone would make a successful offseason.

All Star
» Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:27 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Yup no kidding. I remember threads of U - DOH!! when we drafted him over Monroe.
Just saw we just got Kwame Brown for 1yr/$7mil....
??????
no words can explain that. Why not go after Dalembert who's a defensive force. The only silver lining I see from this is it's only 1 yr. Isn't he a bust?
Can we just trade Ellis for Iggy and be done with it... that alone would make a successful offseason.

I still support Monta... Go Monta! My fav Warrior on the current roster. Best all around player on the roster too.

» Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 pm
Agreed, Monta is our best player, hands down.

And clutch, as well.