Official Warriors Free Agency/Trade Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 am
Wonder how Kalena Azubukie is doing. He had surgery back in March after the knicks waived him.

Wonder if he is going give basketball another shot, hope so.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:53 pm
i like DeAndre Jordan alot... but how come we didnt go after marc gasol? 4 yrs 55mill vs 4 yrs 43 mills, i rather go after marc gasol....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 pm
facue420 wrote:i like DeAndre Jordan alot... but how come we didnt go after marc gasol? 4 yrs 55mill vs 4 yrs 43 mills, i rather go after marc gasol....

Agreed, though MGasol did do quite a bit less last season and that is too much money for him right now, same with what DJordan was offered

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 am
I think they didn't go after gasol because they knew they would have to max it for Memphis to not match, meaning amnesty on beans and no backup plan. Going after jordan while keeping beans is a lot smarter.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 am
Word is Clippers are trading Kaman, Bledsoe and 1st round pick for CP3.

If that is true they would need to keep DeAndre to have 1 center... unless they are making a move for Howard... no word on that yet.

If Jordan deal falls through I hear Philly is trying to send Speights out west. Could be a backup big for this season until we can find a better option.. about 3 million this year, still on rookie contract.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:40 am
I was hoping our front office could persuade Paul to commit long term, telling him that we will get bigger names, provide him with surrounding cast, etc. Then I wouldn't see a problem sending them Curry. This trade that Clippers have offered looks like they know Paul want commit to them, still it looks like does pieces are not as valuable as Paul is.

And I'm not that high on getting Jordan. I mean, he could be useful, but it's not granted. And taking that risk for over 10 millions a year...I'm just not sure that he earned that type of many yet.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:00 pm
Guy wrote:I was hoping our front office could persuade Paul to commit long term, telling him that we will get bigger names, provide him with surrounding cast, etc. Then I wouldn't see a problem sending them Curry. This trade that Clippers have offered looks like they know Paul want commit to them, still it looks like does pieces are not as valuable as Paul is.

And I'm not that high on getting Jordan. I mean, he could be useful, but it's not granted. And taking that risk for over 10 millions a year...I'm just not sure that he earned that type of many yet.

No, he hasn't earned that money yet, which is why it will be interesting to see if they match. They also just singed Butler, and their cap space is less then ours, with Gordon and Griffin's rookie contract expiring soon. They could match and plan on trading him latter, or just go into the luxury tax to keep Griffin and Gordon.. but they do have Kaman's 12million coming off the books next year, and Mo's 9million the year after.... they might just risk it.

I would be happy either way. I like our team the way it is, kind of like the loyal underdog feeling. Also, gives us more options next year. If we do get him then groovy. 2 bigs, Beans and Jordan... 24 mins each... would be an ok tandem at C.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:37 pm
It seems that the deal between Clippers and Hornets for CP3 is dead...maybe we could try something now. His value is getting lower and lower.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 pm
I don't see it happening any more, nor do would I want to see it happen.... rather stay away from what the NBA is doing there. Perhaps we can land him next summer. Or land Howard.. not many teams are going to have the cap room to give them the deals they want, so they will have to do a sign and trade or sign with who has cap room. If you could convince Howard to sign for 15, then you could do a sign and trade for Paul.. that would be our best bet right now i think... just don't mess it up by adding more salary to next year if this DJordan falls through.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm
Thankfully Clippers matched our offer. Sorry but Andris in his good days is a lot better than Jordan. And i do believe he will be back on form from what i read.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm
TRON wrote:Thankfully Clippers matched our offer. Sorry but Andris in his good days is a lot better than Jordan. And i do believe he will be back on form from what i read.

Yea, but I still want 2 bigs... we need another Center.. even with Andris. We have no depth at any position, and there is not much out there to get right now. So it may be wait and see how the season goes, and try again next year.

You never know, might get lucky and land Howard or Paul.
But if you don't there is still some players you can add to the roster depth:
C: Howard, Hibert, McGee, B. Lopez, Kaman, others
PF: .. not sure..R. Anderson, Randolph... others
SF: Delfino, Sam young, Jason Tompson,
SG: Don't know
PG: CP3, Nash, Jameer Nelson...

so, there are more options, and with teams tieing up their cap space now, we may be able get a deal on one of them.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm
Ok ", now we can sign our rookies. What now, we only have 10 players need at least 3 more. That is under the assumption we don't keep the camp guys. Off the bench we have 3 rookies, Udoh and amundsen. That is a pretty weak bench. I'm all for signing someone, but not at the expense of next years cap space. Meaning, sign someone for 1 year or just bite the bullet and have a weak bench... What is ur guys thoughts.

I do like backuP PG Aaron Brooks from Suns, but he would have to be a multiple year contract.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 am
Yeah, Brooks is good, but I don't know if he's allowed to come back from China. Wasn't he in the same trouble as J.R. Smith and Wilson Chandler?

I'm not sure about other FAs, I have to go check the list again.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 am
the warriors is going for kwame brown now, if hes cheap i dont mind getting him since he did pretty good for bobcat last year,.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 am
I don't know why, but I was more for Kwame than Jordan. I know he's older, but at least he won't get overpaid, and you know what you get with him. He's never gonna live up to his draft position, but he's become quite a serviceable center in the league.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball