Monta + our 1st Round Pick for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 am
Chicago refussed to give up Noah and Deng for Carmelo Anthony... why would they do that to get ellis?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:57 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Chicago refussed to give up Noah and Deng for Carmelo Anthony... why would they do that to get ellis?

Yup. **** it; keep Ellis, Curry, and Thompson and let's have a decent bench for once.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:35 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
migya wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:Ellis
D Wright
Udoh

to Bulls

for

Deng
J. Noah

curry / jenkins
klay / r. williams
deng / al thornton
d lee / jeff adrien
noah / amundson / j.tyler

D Rose
Ellis
D Wright
Boozer
Asik

They won't do it. Also, I don't want a rookie as the starting SG. The team will go backwards with a rookie starting unless the rest of the starting five were real good

Curry/Deng/Lee/Noah would be "real good" ... don't get what you're saying?

I've always liked Deng, but he needs a great PG and/orscorer next to him to let him play off the ball and do his scoring. He doesn't seem to be able to do alot on his own. He feeds off Rose alot and though Curry is good, he is far from what Rose is. Same thing can be said about Noah, he is a role player and his weaknesses must be hidden, as they are on the Bulls. Lee is no Boozer and so Noah is less effective as well.

Not a bad foursome, but Monta can definately get more and it would take more than just Monta to get Deng and Noah anyway, maybe much more, so not worth it. Coaching comes into it too and the Bulls coach was unbelievable straight away

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:46 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Chicago refussed to give up Noah and Deng for Carmelo Anthony... why would they do that to get ellis?

lol I actually went back a little later and reread my trade idea and I think I musta been smokin crack that day ha. I believe the Bulls want Ellis but not enough to trade Deng & Noah. maybe Warriors should make a play for their backup Omar Asik
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:58 am
rockyBeli wrote:

lol I actually went back a little later and reread my trade idea and I think I musta been smokin crack that day ha. I believe the Bulls want Ellis but not enough to trade Deng & Noah. maybe Warriors should make a play for their backup Omar Asik

Unless the team gets a player that improves the team, more than with Monta, then no trade.

I want Monta gone, but for value and at best a Center that fits well, like MGasol

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:10 pm
Ellis & Biedrins

to the Bucks for

Bogut & Udrih

this a pipe dream ?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:51 pm
Curry
D Wright
Biedrins

for

CP3
Belinelli (RFA) sign and trade

Hornets can amnesty Biedrins contract and shed CP3's $16mil while
still getting a future star Curry.

Then trade Ellis for Iggy straight up.

this...

CP3
Belinelli
Iggy
D Lee
Udoh or FA

= playoffs!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 pm
or how bout...

BLockbuster Trade!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7r6dznz

Warriors

CP3
Iggy
D Wright
D Lee
Udoh or FA / J. Tyler
--------

Magic

J. Nelson
M. Ellis (D Howard wants Magic to get Ellis)
Turkoglu
R. Anderson
D. Howard
-----------

Hornets

S Curry (dad will be happy)
Beli? (RFA)
Ariza
Bass (insurance if they lose West)
Okafor

-------

76ers

J Holiday
E Turner / JJ Reddick (some scoring, lower contract)
T. Young (FA)
Brand
Biedrins (or amnesty option)
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm
Philadelphia

Outgoing: Evan Turner and Lou Williams
Incoming: Chris Duhon, Ryan Anderson, Ekpe Udoh and a future first round pick from Orlando.

They'll more than likely use the amnesty clause on Elton Brand and getting a guy like Ekpe Udoh would really help them at the power forward position. Duhon gives them a more consistent back up point guard than Lou Williams. Ryan Anderson offers them something they've struggled with...3-point shooting.

Orlando

Outgoing: Ryan Anderson, Chris Duhon, Brandon Bass and a future first round pick.
Incoming: Monta Ellis

Dwight Howard wants Monta Ellis and he gets it without the Magic having to give up much.

Golden State

Outgoing: Monta Ellis
Incoming: Evan Turner, Lou Williams and Brandon Bass.

This would the future of this team much brighter. Evan Turner is a prototypical shooting guard in the mold of Joe Johnson. His size and passing skills are the perfect fit for Curry in the backcourt. They also get some depth with Bass and Williams.

Line up

PG Stephen Curry - Lou Williams - Jeremy Lin
SG Evan Turner - Klay Thompson
SF Dorell Wright
PF David Lee - Brandon Bass
C ? - Andris Biedrins - Lou Amundson
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:51 pm
Well, you will have to change something, cause it seems that Magic have traded Bass to Celtics for Glen Davis.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/09/magi ... ef:nbahpt2
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:35 pm
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7hmnsgb

3 team trade

Ellis to Hornets
Curry + Biedrins to Celtics
Rondo + Okafor to Warriors

Warriors = Rondo / Klay / D Wright / D Lee / Okafor (more defensive team with a purer PG)

Celtics = Curry / Ray / Pierce / KG / Biedrins (Rondo was on trading block and I think I heard they wanted Biedrins before)

Hornets = Ellis / Gordon / Ariza / Landry / Kaman (maybe David Stern goes for this)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 am
rockyBeli wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7hmnsgb

3 team trade

Ellis to Hornets

Warriors = Rondo / Klay / D Wright / D Lee / Okafor (more defensive team with a purer PG)

Celtics = Curry / Ray / Pierce / KG / Biedrins (Rondo was on trading block and I think I heard they wanted Biedrins before)

Hornets = Ellis / Gordon / Ariza / Landry / Kaman (maybe David Stern goes for this)

Okafor isn't a top 10 center, so I don't want him. I would love Rondo in this team, but only if we keep either curry or ellis, as they compliment him well.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

3 team trade

Ellis to Hornets

Okafor isn't a top 10 center, so I don't want him. I would love Rondo in this team, but only if we keep either curry or ellis, as they compliment him well.

+1. Would much rather get rid of D Wright as Rush shoots 3's as well or better and at least tries to play D. Give up either Curry or Ellis, but not both.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:59 pm
I see Rondo as an upgrade over Curry because he's a true floor general w/elite defense. Ellis for Okafor doesn't look great on paper but the overall defensive upgrade would be huge. If Mark Jackson wants to bring a defensive mentality to the Warriors, he's gonna need defensive players.

here's another one I tried out...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72bwgl9

Ellis & Udoh to Magic
Brooke Lopez and Okur (expiring) to Warriors
D Howard to Nets
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 pm

3 team trade

Ellis to Hornets

I'd do that trade now. We lose talent, but gain in proper pieces, especially defensively. I'd like to get a future 1st rounder from the Hornets, as Monta is much more highly valued than Okafor.

Rondo is really one of the best PGs there is and that I've seen in quite some time, with his effort, skills and defense

PreviousNext

Return to Trades