Official Warriors Free Agency/Trade Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 am
I agree with him on this one. This trade would leave a lot of cap room for Lakers, they would deal two highly paid players, who are old, and not that good without Kobe and Bynum, and they would get arguably the best PG in the league. I don't see how you can weaken yourself, and improve your rival team by that much with one trade, and still hear a lot of people arguing how it was a good deal. Hornets can't build on with a team where martin is a key player, he's only a scorer on a bad team, and mostly because he goes to FT line a lot due to his pathetic crying and arm flails.

And Lakers would have room to try and go for Dwight as well. NBA is losing with this ****...making the strong even stronger, they don't even have to try hard at all, they will get anything they want...at a discount as well.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 am
WTF Warriors is thinking? Give 15m to Chandler? There is no need to give ALL star lvl contract, for just decent player as Chandler... I don't get it...
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 am
Guy wrote:I agree with him on this one. This trade would leave a lot of cap room for Lakers, they would deal two highly paid players, who are old, and not that good without Kobe and Bynum, and they would get arguably the best PG in the league. I don't see how you can weaken yourself, and improve your rival team by that much with one trade, and still hear a lot of people arguing how it was a good deal. Hornets can't build on with a team where martin is a key player, he's only a scorer on a bad team, and mostly because he goes to FT line a lot due to his pathetic crying and arm flails.

And Lakers would have room to try and go for Dwight as well. NBA is losing with this ****...making the strong even stronger, they don't even have to try hard at all, they will get anything they want...at a discount as well.

I believe the players are to blame for this mess, they should not be able to dictate what team they go to. All any of them want is to play in a sexy place like LA, NY, etc and to play with other superstars. The owners should have locked them out for an entire season because this is ridiculous, we'll never be competitive (at least to any level of consistency) and neither will about 18-22 other teams.

LMFAO - We offered more money and we couldn't even sign Chandler!?!?! In the process of chasing a pipe dream we pissed off one of our two decent players... This sucks...
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:30 am
facue420 wrote:http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2011/12/cavs-owner-asked-david-stern-t.html

cavs owner is such a cry babe LOL fking loser!

I agree with everything he said. He maybe a cry baby but that doesn't make his assertions incorrect.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:27 pm
Chandler to the Knicks... That kinda sucks, but I wouldn't have wanted us to overpay him.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 pm
Looks like Houston, NO, and LA are back in talks with CP3.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:00 pm
BYE Jeremy Lin! Best of luck to you! =D> :D

Hopefully some other team gives you a chance, since our team is just sorry and should have kept you... wasn't like they saved money by doing this.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:23 pm
That's so lame. He was barely given a chance.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 pm
JREED wrote:
facue420 wrote:http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2011/12/cavs-owner-asked-david-stern-t.html

cavs owner is such a cry babe LOL fking loser!

I agree with everything he said. He maybe a cry baby but that doesn't make his assertions incorrect.

trust me, im on the same boat as yal, but NBA shouldnt get into the trades when the teams are playing by its rules. i meant.. lebron went to heat.. how come they didnt stop it? its not fair at all. they should force lebron to go back to cavs then.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 pm
LeBron was free agent. Big difference.

The biggest problem in this trade was that the Lakers would have kept Kobe and Bynum, and still get CP3, while they would get rid off two big contracts in Odom and Gasol, and make around 40 millions more in cap space. And they would overhaul NO's cap, along with those players from Rockets, so that Hornets would have players who are old, won't take them to the playoffs, and they would be far less appealing to any possible buyer of the team, if they need to spend money right away, so they could clear up some roster space.

Simple as that...Lakers clean their yard, and make crap in Hornets'. How is that even, or how is that in the interest of the league?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 pm
Bye Bye Bell!!

This one I am ok with...

too many problems:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors ... eedID=2799

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 pm
Guy wrote:LeBron was free agent. Big difference.

The biggest problem in this trade was that the Lakers would have kept Kobe and Bynum, and still get CP3, while they would get rid off two big contracts in Odom and Gasol, and make around 40 millions more in cap space. And they would overhaul NO's cap, along with those players from Rockets, so that Hornets would have players who are old, won't take them to the playoffs, and they would be far less appealing to any possible buyer of the team, if they need to spend money right away, so they could clear up some roster space.

Simple as that...Lakers clean their yard, and make crap in Hornets'. How is that even, or how is that in the interest of the league?

three teams owners all agreed to the trade. Otherwise make the rule clear before the trade was acccepted, "you are not allowed to keep your superstar and sign another superstar." this is just unfair for them because they did follow the rules. do you get where i am coming from though? i dont like that trade either, but this just proved that nba is rigged.
Last edited by facue420 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 pm
Jeremy Lin will land on his feet... He is a student from Harvard. He could probably make more money out of hoops then what he could make in it. (probably not, but education from Harvard means you can walk into any job you want)
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 pm
I am wondering if they released Lin to save cap room, and then may bring him back. Or I guess Jenkins is taking his spot. Looks like we're going to throw a boatload of money at DeAndre Jordan.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:03 pm
There was a practice video on warriors website the had a biendrins interview. Now it is not there, anyone else see it?... did they take it down on purpose?

EDIT: it is back up, must have been technical difficulties. Beans looks bigger. Starting to look like dolph lundgren a bit...

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball