Official Warriors Free Agency/Trade Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:52 pm
If the Mavs don't resign Chandler, he is ours. Dwight is out of the question and unfounded by anything we've heard thus far. CP3 sounds like a possibility, but a lot of things will need to happen first - including us signing Chandler, dumping a lot of cash and NO resigning him for a sign and trade because there is 0 chance that we trade Curry/Thompson for a 1-year loaner CP3... Yahoo agrees: Clips, Warriors, Celtics in Paul trade talks

Thread Edit: Spaceman, is right we need to consolidate all of this off season talk to one thread since many of these topics overlap.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:19 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski: Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say. Twitter

- Trade: Curry, Lee, Klay for Paul...
- Waive: Beans
- Sign: Chandler

could happen

If Lacob and Co pulled the trigger on the Paul deal, then signed Chandler, I'd have to tip my cap. You have to take risks in this business, and that right there would be a bold move. Now can you guarantee that Paul would resign? Not likely. But what you can do is put pieces around him that help the team contend, make him comfortable, and prove to him that you are serious about winning. Who knows, he might absolutely love it out here?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:06 am
hoopdreamz wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski: Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say. Twitter

- Trade: Curry, Lee, Klay for Paul...
- Waive: Beans
- Sign: Chandler

could happen

If Lacob and Co pulled the trigger on the Paul deal, then signed Chandler, I'd have to tip my cap. You have to take risks in this business, and that right there would be a bold move. Now can you guarantee that Paul would resign? Not likely. But what you can do is put pieces around him that help the team contend, make him comfortable, and prove to him that you are serious about winning. Who knows, he might absolutely love it out here?

I agree. Hopefully we see Myers work some magic in the negotiations with Chandler and we don't end up paying the money reports say he'll be asking for. Another option I've seen thrown around is making the trade and signing Nene instead of Chandler. We'd still be a playoff team. Trade Lee and Monta to Orlando for Dwight.

Either way if we trade for Paul and sign Chandler think about this:

This team's PER ranking per position would be based on last season
PG: #1
SG: #5 (Ellis)
SF: #15 (Wright)
PF: #11 (Lee)
C: #10 (Chandler)

NO's 2010-2011 Squad rankings
PG: #1
SG: #49/59 (Bellinelli, Green)
SF: #43 (Ariza)
PF: #45 (Landry)
C: #20 (Okafor)

That NO squad got to the playoffs and won some games against the Lakers. I think we'd have a decent chance at convincing Paul to resign.

We are a better defensive team, especially with an underated element here (Asst Coach Mike Malone who worked wonders for the Hornets defense last year and was credited by Paul for doing so), and improve our half court offense immensely. Lee and Chandler would be getting open looks all day down low. Monta could play off ball more where he has shown to be his most efficient. Add that to the fact that we would still be the best running team in the NBA off of defense or when we want to (CP3 in a run and gun!!!), this team could be very good.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 pm
I am hearing rumors of an Ellis for Paul deal if Paul is not going to commit to signing an extention.
And if he is, they will do the Curry for Paul deal that they talked about previously.

Which lineup would you rather see:
Paul
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Beans (or Chandler)

Paul
Curry
Wright
Lee
Beans (or Chandler)

Personally I would rather keep Ellis and go with #1 since Ellis is currently our best player, even though Curry is a better shooter. Ellis can defend better and he can get to the rim. But cap space would make more sense with #2.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:42 pm
The first option, definitely. I can't imagine Curry defending other SGs in the league. Well, at least that way some people here would see how much Ellis is actually doing a decent job in that segment.

Seriously, the amount of havoc Paul and Ellis would do to opponents on offense would be fantastic to watch. Everyone would benefit from those two drawing players on themselves. We have shooters in Wright, Williams...though, we would deal Thompson, but shooters are not that hard to find. Too bad Curry didn't improve his defense and assist average a bit. I still like Steph, don't get me wrong, I just see this as a big improvement, and instant playoffs. Hopefully, we would even be contenders with Paul and Chandler, we would fill our two biggest needs, interior defense with big and defending oriented center, and a true play maker who can dish assists in any imaginable way.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:55 pm
And when we mention Ellis being dealt to Hornets, I found this article quite informative:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/12 ... a-for-cp3/

Basically, that means that we would get Paul on rental, but, we would have power to go for Howard after this season. As mentioned, Curry and Chandler, for instance. If we would get Howard, then that rental on Paul wouldn't look like a rental any more. :)
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 am
Guy wrote:And when we mention Ellis being dealt to Hornets, I found this article quite informative:

Basically, that means that we would get Paul on rental, but, we would have power to go for Howard after this season. As mentioned, Curry and Chandler, for instance. If we would get Howard, then that rental on Paul wouldn't look like a rental any more. :)

Dumbest most unrealistic scenario yet and the surprising thing is is came from an actual sports writer:
-Curry Playing SG? WTF are we really going to do with CP3 and Curry starting in our backcourt??
-We'd be arrogant, delusional and acting like a drunk river boat gambler if we even remotely think this could go down - when it doesn't happen (it never will), we'll be left without Ellis, CP3, decent big and we will have wasted a pivotal year of Curry's development playing him at SG.
-We will have bought time for the Lakers to make this deal happen for them or another team anyways.

Why do people continue to bring up Dwight? There aren't any league insider rumors even hinting that this is a remote possibility.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 am
JREED wrote:
Guy wrote:And when we mention Ellis being dealt to Hornets, I found this article quite informative:

Dumbest most unrealistic scenario yet and the surprising thing is is came from an actual sports writer:
-Curry Playing SG? WTF are we really going to do with CP3 and Curry starting in our backcourt??
-We'd be arrogant, delusional and acting like a drunk river boat gambler if we even remotely think this could go down - when it doesn't happen (it never will), we'll be left without Ellis, CP3, decent big and we will have wasted a pivotal year of Curry's development playing him at SG.
-We will have bought time for the Lakers to make this deal happen for them or another team anyways.

Why do people continue to bring up Dwight? There aren't any league insider rumors even hinting that this is a remote possibility.

Appearently we gave Chandler a 4 year offere worth over $60.. that is probably something starting at 13 million....

how we clear that cap space hasn't been revealed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:22 am
JREED wrote:

I guess the point of that is to turn direction a bit off of Paul. There's a lot of people (for some reason) who don't want CP3 to be in Warriors jersey. Among the fans are sports writers as well. During this off season, while following some tweets and rumors I realized that they are not objective at all. Most, if not all, of their articles are filled with emotions. Reading some Steinmetz article you could see how much he really wants the deal for Paul not to happen.

Anyway, I would just be more than happy if we could get Paul and Chandler. Even if the option to get Howard would be realistic, I think I'd pulled the trigger for those two instead.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
JREED wrote:

Appearently we gave Chandler a 4 year offere worth over $60.. that is probably something starting at 13 million....

how we clear that cap space hasn't been revealed.

Yeah, here's the link.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors ... eedID=5882

So, we just need to keep our fingers crossed now...I guess.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:55 am
And just heard the rumor that Chandler wants to be a Knick more than a Warrior. Don't have any links though.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm
Guy wrote:And just heard the rumor that Chandler wants to be a Knick more than a Warrior. Don't have any links though.

Yikes... I saw that too on HoopsHype.... But it doesn't make sense... why would Knicks do that? It would kill any chance of them getting Paul, unless they trade Melo or Amare....

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Guy wrote:And just heard the rumor that Chandler wants to be a Knick more than a Warrior. Don't have any links though.

Yikes... I saw that too on HoopsHype.... But it doesn't make sense... why would Knicks do that? It would kill any chance of them getting Paul, unless they trade Melo or Amare....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... ources-say

Looks like they are going to parlay AMar'e into Chris Paul.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:36 pm
I know why they are doing it, they are worried that if we land Chandler we might also land Paul, those dirty rat bastards.... they are now officially my most hated team in the league!! THey are trying to ruin our chances!

My NBA most Hated list:
5) Spurs
4) Lakers
3) Sacramento
2) Dallas
1) KNICKS!!

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:40 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I know why they are doing it, they are worried that if we land Chandler we might also land Paul, those dirty rat bastards.... they are now officially my most hated team in the league!! THey are trying to ruin our chances!

My NBA most Hated list:
5) Spurs
4) Lakers
3) Sacramento
2) Dallas
1) KNICKS!!

You forgot the HEAT..
8)

No hate list isn't complete without the likes of LBJ.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball