Warriors should go after Rondo

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 am
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... ndo_112911

Boston is shopping Rondo, if only they can get Chris Paul. However, Hornets do not want Rondo and are looking at a 3rd team. I think the warriors should be that third team. Trade curry to the Hornets (the team his dad most famously played for) and we get rondo, who gives us everything Ellis is not... I think the two can compliment each other very well.

Thoughts? Am I going crazy?
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:41 am
I think Rondo would be a good complement to Ellis in the back court - better than Curry, but I don't see it happening. According to Chris Broussard, Paul likely wont sign a long term deal with the Celtics if traded to them and if that's the case, that deal is a no go. If anything we keep Curry and get a backup caliber PG.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:33 pm
i disagree, now we have a good pg, good scroers, good chemistry, and an experienced good front office. we should just add another good center and a bench backcourt who can produces defense for us like tony allen(who doesnt need to score to prove his worth) ..etc and i think we will be a good team. rondo is good and all that.... but i prefer getting players like shane battier or caron butler...etc jmo
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:34 pm
First of all, Mr. Carkerz, great minds must think a like! I was just logging in to post that idea when I saw this thread.

Except, I agree with JREED, that Paul will not sign long term with Boston, because it's best players are bound to retire soon (allen, pierce and Garnett). That would leave him in a "turrible" situation. However, if Celtics are shopping Rondo, and want a future PG, why trade with the Hornets? cut out the Hornets from your idea! Celtics are not going to get Paul to commit anyway. Celtics have the original big three, and they window is closing fast. They need a PG who can pass, score and run the team, while also keeping some pieces for the future. Curry would be a great fit for them, it gives them a shoter and passer at the PG spot, and with KG defending behind him, covers Curry lack of D. One problem that Boston had was Rondo couldn't hit a shot, so, teams played off of him. They wouldn't do that with Curry, or he would make them pay. Pair that with Allen, and that is a great back court for the Celtics. And going forward they would have Curry and Green as their building blocks.

Now for us, we know we don't have a decent big in the paint to make up for Curry's lack of D. So, we need a PG who can play D more then Boston does. Also, put Rondo and Ellis togehter, you have a very quick back court that can play D and can score in a hurry!! That would be an amazing duo.

... ok, so no way Boston does that deal? Let's make it better then. Put in Beans to go along with Curry and take Rondo and Rookie (or a future pick).
That will chip off $2.5 million off our cap. Use the amnesty on Bell, we get another $4 milllion. Now we can afford to give someone a max contract if needed....uh hum... say, Nene, Chandler? Or go a little bit cheaper with a center like Gasol, Jordan, use the rest to sign a verteran or a SF.

Rajon Rondo
Monta Ellis
Dorrel Wright
David Lee
Free Agent (Nene or Chandler)

Come on, don't tell me that team doesn't sound sweet.

Cletics end up with:
Curry
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
O'neal/Beans

And over there they are not as down on Beans as we are. Plus they need a Center if they are going to try and make another push for the finals.
With Garnett and Allen possibly coming off the books next year, they won't be bothered by Beans contract that much.

It all makes sense! Do it!
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:38 am
dear santa...... :D:D:D:D:D make that line go thru

nice, as much as i like curry.. but that line up is pretty cool u listed above. we could even get DeAndre jordan and that line up is pretty beastly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:08 am
Yes, that is a sweet line GSW Hoops Fan.

Although what you put is probably a fantasy, I hope the front office will be aggressive in trying to bolster up our lineup. I like curry, I like monta, but the two will not work with each other for the long term. I think by trading one of them we can get someone special that fits our mold and make the playoffs.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:01 am
I'm just hearing some rumors that Magic are interested in trading Paul for Curry. Nothing tangible so far, but I would do that in a heartbeat, even though I like Steph...of course, if Paul is willing to sign extension with Warriors.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm
but i just thought that celtics is messed up to put rondo on the trading block(or even talking about trading him) who nearly broke his elbow for the playoff run last season. who is a legit point guard. a true pointguard who passes first shoots second and has the ability to defense and drive to the hoop. once he developed his jump shot... hes gonna be unstoppable.

the celtics FO already messed up on perkins, and they knew by requesting a trade to thunders jeff green & rondo for perkin * westbrook ... so stupiddddd!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 pm
Yes, but Celtics don't have problems with defense. Rondo's problem is on offense though. I can't take anything away from him when it comes to passing and handing assists, but he's a point guard who can't score outside of the pain if his life depended of it. So, that allows other team's PG to play off of him and they stack the interior so they can't get inside easily. If they had someone who could score, as well as pass, like Curry, they could really open it up, and their offense would be on fire .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 am
Guy wrote:Yes, but Celtics don't have problems with defense. Rondo's problem is on offense though. I can't take anything away from him when it comes to passing and handing assists, but he's a point guard who can't score outside of the pain if his life depended of it. So, that allows other team's PG to play off of him and they stack the interior so they can't get inside easily. If they had someone who could score, as well as pass, like Curry, they could really open it up, and their offense would be on fire .

yeah, Rondo is one of the worst free throw % guards in the game today.

Still, his defense, drive, and skills are an upgrade over curry.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:52 pm
I read today that the Celtics offered Rondo for Curry and we turned them down. I assume they were going to flip Curry to NO for Chris Paul.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:11 am
hobbes wrote:I read today that the Celtics offered Rondo for Curry and we turned them down. I assume they were going to flip Curry to NO for Chris Paul.

And to me that's another showing of why this franchise will never be much. Rondo is great in areas where it is rare for a PG and Curry looks more for show than anything else :banghead:

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:32 am
migya wrote:
hobbes wrote:I read today that the Celtics offered Rondo for Curry and we turned them down. I assume they were going to flip Curry to NO for Chris Paul.

And to me that's another showing of why this franchise will never be much. Rondo is great in areas where it is rare for a PG and Curry looks more for show than anything else :banghead:

agreed.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 am
I would say keep Curry trade Ellis if we can possibly get a big man or something in return for him that would be awesome! I don't know if we need Rondo
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!

Return to Warriors Basketball