DEANDRE JORDAN

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:24 am
We need to sign DeAndre. Forget Chandler. Jordan would be PERFECT for us. He's younger, less injury prone, and about to become a star. DON'T BE STUPID LACOB!!!! Chandler is a mirage. The free agent class this year is horrible, but they are all being treated like royalty. Nene and Chandler want 15 mil a year? seriously? Sign Jordan for 7-8 mil a year and it will be a STEAL (and i dont see the clipper matching that).
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 am
according to espn, clippers already offered jordan 5 yrs for 40mill
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:18 pm
Deandre Jordan is extremely overrated. He gets blocks, but also can't play huge minutes because he gets into foul trouble always going for blocks. He does not box out so he gets abused by people who do.

The thing that separates Chandler in him is between the ears. Chandler, like KG is a quarterback for the defense helping people make sure they are all in position and finding rotations. Dirk Nowitski has affirmed this and although it was a gradual change of adding players who play solid defense like Marion, Kidd and Chandler, he also affirmed he is THE piece that made them a championship team.
Get Money. Get Paid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 pm
[quote][/quote] I don't see jordan going anywhere. the Clippers are a good young team and Jordan is perfect to keep the big guys off of boy wonder Griffin. This team have a star at guard and power forward. A very functional center and a beast in the up and coming Jordan. He actually fits better on their team than ours. Too bad. Is there another Jordan clone out there? I like Chandler but I think last year was an aboration. He is very injury prone. Same with Dalenbert. Let's fatten up Udoh.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm
The Coooach wrote:
I don't see jordan going anywhere. the Clippers are a good young team and Jordan is perfect to keep the big guys off of boy wonder Griffin. This team have a star at guard and power forward. A very functional center and a beast in the up and coming Jordan. He actually fits better on their team than ours. Too bad. Is there another Jordan clone out there? I like Chandler but I think last year was an aboration. He is very injury prone. Same with Dalenbert. Let's fatten up Udoh.

You mean slap him on one of these...
An old medieval rack - stretching torture table... That's the only way he becomes a legit starting C.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:23 pm
JREED wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
I don't see jordan going anywhere. the Clippers are a good young team and Jordan is perfect to keep the big guys off of boy wonder Griffin. This team have a star at guard and power forward. A very functional center and a beast in the up and coming Jordan. He actually fits better on their team than ours. Too bad. Is there another Jordan clone out there? I like Chandler but I think last year was an aboration. He is very injury prone. Same with Dalenbert. Let's fatten up Udoh.

You mean slap him on one of these...
An old medieval rack - stretching torture table... That's the only way he becomes a legit starting C.

I LIKE, I LIKE LOL
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm
The Coooach wrote:

It may be good to just wait another year for the free agency crop. I like Gasol, Chandler, Nene, and Jordan... but there are getting way to much $$ for their level of talent. I don't realy want to give any of these max. I wouldn't mind Dalembert in the $6million range. Or get someone for one year and while everyone is fighing over Howard, go for one of the younger Centers... like McGee, maybe test Oden (if he can get healthy). There is not a whole lot out there though, so eventually you are probably going to have to overpay someone, unless you get lucky in the lottery or make a good deal.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:32 pm
I wouldn't mind Warriors getting deAndre Jordan for 3-4 years 7-9 million a year for a Center of his caliber and put AB as a bench roll or amnesty later on or trade. Does anybody here believes Udoh can be a defensive force in slowing down the good PF in the West like Blake Griffin, Cousin, Aldridge, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph, Kevin Love, Luis Scola, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Serge Ibaka, and Al Jefferson this season. Udoh was a high pick and if this coaching staff is good show me how the coaching staff can help improve Udoh game on the defensive end if that is his calling card. I don't believe in David Lee defense at all.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 am
DJordan for no more than 9 million a year, but the team would have to either trade or Amnesty AB

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:15 pm
I've been hearing they are working on something in the neighborhood of 4 years/40 million.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:54 pm
Had to take a break from warriors basketball, it was stressing me out, lol, back to more stress, I missed this board and the conversations. But I do agree anything over $9 million would be too much for DeAndre, but when you are desperate and have some one like Beans to depend on, warriors might not have a choice.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 pm
He has all the tools to get us 12-15 points, 10+ rebounds and 2+ blocks a night... something we haven't had from the center position in a long time. Whatever it costs, get him here...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 am
I don't think DJordan is anymore than a good rebounder and real good shotblocker, not a scorer at all. Think he'll get VERY lazy and become nothing fast after getting a good contract. Maybe best to stick with AB over him as we know what we get with him and he looks like he just needs motivation to get back to a double double sort

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:44 pm
Clippers are expected to match the Warriors offer.

I hope these talks of acquiring big men gets AB motivated to play as well or better than he did a few seasons ago.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Clippers are expected to match the Warriors offer.

I hope these talks of acquiring big men gets AB motivated to play as well or better than he did a few seasons ago.

Agreed, but if Clips don't match offer, AB needs to go, one way or the other, since Amnesty is now gone with CBell being axed. If they do match the offer, I wouldn't mind trying to get Kaman from them

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball