TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 am
House is a good show but it's jumped the shark a bit lately.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:11 pm
Walking Dead on hiatus until Feb... :x Boardwalk Empire is going off the hinges... :shock: Hell on Wheels is good... :) Dexter is repetitive and uninspired, that show jumped the shark a while ago... :banghead:

My TV Drama Power Rankings:
1- Boardwalk Empire
2- Breaking Bad
3- Walking Dead
4- Mad Men
5- Game of Thrones
6- Dexter

I hear good things about Showtime's Homeland and Shameless and their new show House of Lies looks promising.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:20 am
I had the revise my rankings after finally watching the season finally of Boardwalk... DAMN!!!!! WTF?!?!?! This show is insane and I have no idea where they are going with it now, but that scene (if you saw it you'd know which one), was intense and maybe the most profound thing ever in a fictional-television program. I can't recall a show provoking that much emotional turmoil in me - a part of me almost doesn't want to watch it anymore because of what happened but the other part of me tells that part that they are stupid and it can't wait to see where they go next.

obscenely good show, if you haven't seen it, you are missing out on one of the few all time great shows in history - certainly up there with The Sopranos and The Wire.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 pm
JREED wrote:I had the revise my rankings after finally watching the season finally of Boardwalk... DAMN!!!!! WTF?!?!?! This show is insane and I have no idea where they are going with it now, but that scene (if you saw it you'd know which one), was intense and maybe the most profound thing ever in a fictional-television program. I can't recall a show provoking that much emotional turmoil in me - a part of me almost doesn't want to watch it anymore because of what happened but the other part of me tells that part that they are stupid and it can't wait to see where they go next.

obscenely good show, if you haven't seen it, you are missing out on one of the few all time great shows in history - certainly up there with The Sopranos and The Wire.

Dang... I wish I had HBO and Showtime to watch those shows... but i am too cheap. Maybe when it goes into DVD, I will check it off.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 am
Season 1 is out on DVD - you may even be able to rent it. Or you could always acquire it through "other" means... Not that I would encourage you to do whatever it is you think I'm encouraging you to do... :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:08 pm
Basketball wives on VH1, so much drama, who else saw the fight between Eveyln and Jenifer ? They need to have some of the NBA baby daddies show up make it more dramatic.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 am
HEY JREED... you being all anti-network and all, I've been hooked on a network show you might like. It is called Person of Interest (CBS). It is a show that starts off a bit slow, but has really found its identity within the last few episodes. It is created by Jonathan Nolan (Batman Begins, Dark Knight) and produced by JJ Abrams.

Anyways, I've really enjoyed it.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am
Anybody watching Luck on HBO? I have it DVR'd but have been so slammed we haven't watched either episode yet.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 am
hobbes wrote:Anybody watching Luck on HBO? I have it DVR'd but have been so slammed we haven't watched either episode yet.

Didn't last long... seems like there is a issue with horses keep dying during filming (#3 total) that they pulled the plug.

Really enjoying Walking Dead going into the last episode of the season. 2 important character deaths the last 2 weeks.. I wonder if anyone else gets killed considering it's a season finale.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 am
Walking Dead Season Finale was ****ing epic!!!

Can't wait for season 3.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:27 am
I haven't watched any show for quite some years now really. last show I watched on TV was O.C. and that was alright, kept me and the wife entertained somewhat. Gotten recently shows I watched when I was growing up, for the daughter, as those shows were morally better than most of the stuff done nowadays. Shows like Full House, ALF, Punky Brewster, Rosanne and Doogie Houser. Wife always loved Friends when it was on TV all those years ago, but I'd only ever seen one episode, looked like it was for women, but after getting all ten seasons and watching most already over the last couple of months, I think it is a very entertaining show.

The last week I've been thinking about shows of the last few years and after reading quite a few very good reviews about The Wire, many people saying it is the best show ever, I've decided to get that, as well as other recent shows, like what some of you have said in this thread you've watched or are watching. Shows like Walking Dead (though that's probably one of the last on my list as seems really farfetched and quite a specific genre), Breaking Bad, The League, Two and a Half Men and Game of Thrones are on my list and I could add more over the coming weeks.

Real good thread, like the Movies one in this Off Topic Forum, which we should start posting in again to update each other on movies we've recently seen

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm
I'm waiting for the second season of Game of Thrones now. I told my girlfriend how good it is, and she was skeptical about, of course, cause she doesn't like fantasy really. But after the first two episodes she was like:"What, it's end? But I wanna see more now." :)

So, I got her hooked up, she said it was the best show/movie that I made her watch, and she really loves it, so I plan to watch the remainder of the first season with her again, and we'll finish right on time to be ready for the second season. It's a great show.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 am
Watched episode one of Breaking Bad and The League. Breaking Bad looks real interesting and might turn into a good show (remember I've just started watching this). The League seemed a bit funny, but more silly than anything else and I don't know if I should get the rest of the first season even.

Will watch episode one of Game of Thrones tonight.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:01 pm
migya wrote:Watched episode one of Breaking Bad and The League. Breaking Bad looks real interesting and might turn into a good show (remember I've just started watching this). The League seemed a bit funny, but more silly than anything else and I don't know if I should get the rest of the first season even.

Will watch episode one of Game of Thrones tonight.

You will grow to love Breaking Bad.
(HEADS UP - NEW SERIES STARTS IN JULY)

I don't know if you ever been addicted to drugs but you should space out the episodes to co-incide with the new series starting.

I enjoyed the LEAGUE. It's kind of silly agreed.. but it's kind of like a sitcom in the spirit of Friends or Big Bang (excpet fantasy football)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 pm
I'm watching a FX production at the moment called JUSTIFIED

It's about the U.S Marshalls set in Kentucky.

I'm enjoying it more then all other cop shows I've seen recentley (since I watched the Shield and The Wire)

Why am I enjoying it? probably due to the setting... a more laid back copshow and not like Jimmy Smit smashing some rapist/drug pusher head into the desk like NYPD BLUE
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum