2011 GSW NFL DEATHMATCH

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Don't listen to that bullshit article. DeMarco is getting at least 20 touches and will beast with them. Dude has it.

i don't know if you listen to fantasy football podcasts? but the 06010 ESPN produced Fantasy Focus with Nate Ravitz and Matthew Berry had a segment and they claimed DeMarco Murray was top 10 rb.. It kind of pissed me off cause they claimed Dmarco was better then McFadden/Bush (which is bullshit because the Cowboys are Americas team and ESPN ride the Cowboys di%K. No national media give the Raiders a lot of love (but it seems the tide is turning.. Jim Rome & Bayless give raiders the due props)
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:58 pm
PAWNO wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Don't listen to that bullshit article. DeMarco is getting at least 20 touches and will beast with them. Dude has it.

i don't know if you listen to fantasy football podcasts? but the 06010 ESPN produced Fantasy Focus with Nate Ravitz and Matthew Berry had a segment and they claimed DeMarco Murray was top 10 rb.. It kind of pissed me off cause they claimed Dmarco was better then McFadden/Bush (which is bullshit because the Cowboys are Americas team and ESPN ride the Cowboys di%K. No national media give the Raiders a lot of love (but it seems the tide is turning.. Jim Rome & Bayless give raiders the due props)

McFadden is top 5 whenever he's HEALTHY ... which is rare.

top 5 [not in order]

Adrian
Forte
Arian
MJD
Ray Rice

order them how you wish, just make sure u lead off with Adrian.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:48 pm
No even a ridiculous lopsided trade by aussiebiedrens can defeat me! I win again!
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 am
I am the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football, my team is sliding.....
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 am
quite a week of upsets
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm
hobbes wrote:I am the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football, my team is sliding.....

You need to get rid of the bills defense bro.. it's cost you 2 matches in the passed 2 weeks with the points output they are offering.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:10 pm
I need to float an idea/theory for our keeper league and I wanted to get peoples opinions on it.

a flaw with our draft order is that teams that play in the consolation round could effectively tank it (set their worst lineups to secure higher draft order for the following year)

I was wondering what everyone thinks about the consolation playoff being played for the 1st pick in next years draft? There is 2 ways we could go with this. The 1st pick goes to the winner. 2nd pick to 7th place. 3rd pick to 8th place all the way to the 6th pick going to the person who came 12th.

The obvious flaw in this system is it gives teams in the playoff hunt (that miss out) a better chance to win the 1st pick due to usually stronger lineups.

I think the best option is that the consolation playoff bracket is the winner gets the 1st pick in the draft.. But then 2nd place would go to the person whom had the worst regular season record, 3rd pick to the 2nd worst record ect. (obviously person with worst regular season record could win the consolation final and then the rest of the order would be based on regular season standing )

would love feedback.. We can go with consciencous feeling

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:56 pm
Here is my opinion:

I just say, we don't have a keeper league... I was disappointed i didn't get to keep anyone, and in the NFL everyone can be out. PLus we get new people every year, and i think its unfair that the new people can take over other keeper teams when the ones that were here last year didn't have access to those choices... so i say, lets forget the keeper thing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:48 pm
Really? Interesting input Mr Crackerz.

But i disagree that we get new people every year. Every person in this league (with the exception of Jreeds misssus) is a long time contributor on this board. This is our 1st season after doing a keeper draft & I dont envision anyone leaving.

Looking at your roster, I guess Drew Brees is worthy of keeper status. I guess you don't like your team a hell of a lot this season, I'd like to think you're a intelligent enough drafter to rewrite your wrongs and draft a even better team next year.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:50 pm
& Mr Crackerz the reason I believe your team was so sub-standard was due to your delaying of taking a runningback until round 5/6 & then completely unlucking out on the duds you took with your next 4 picks at that position.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:19 am
id vote no for keeper
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:48 pm
Your league your rules Pawno.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 pm
**** the keeper **** ... still mad at myself for not keeping Calvin.

by the way, MR. 8th AVE ... better hope you pull this one out against JREED cuz if not, after I beat you next week you're DONE.

check my match ups son. i might put up 170 on you.

by the way im saying all this as im getting beat by 60 points. screw you hobbes :banghead:

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 pm
Pawno, EXPERT ****ing JOB picking the final week matchups. 5 teams are going into the final week all at 6-6 and fighting for 3 playoff spots. 4 of those teams (Beast v 8th & Crackz vs fine) are facing each other. Essentially for all 5 teams it's win or don't make the playoffs. Nice. :D

and I almost forgot the top 2 teams going at it to end the regular season.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:26 am
f1n3 wrote:Pawno, EXPERT ****ing JOB picking the final week matchups. 5 teams are going into the final week all at 6-6 and fighting for 3 playoff spots. 4 of those teams (Beast v 8th & Crackz vs fine) are facing each other. Essentially for all 5 teams it's win or don't make the playoffs. Nice. :D

and I almost forgot the top 2 teams going at it to end the regular season.

Yeah Fine.. I saw the standings too & couldn't believe it.

The Mr Crackers vs Fine, 8th Ave vs Beast Mode matches are classics... There is a chance that one of the losers of those 2 matches would advance if Jreed beats his girlfriend - that doesn't sound ethical :-P

But yeah the battle for the 4th, 5th & 6th spot will be quite the hitout.

my match with Aussiebiedrins would require him to win by a margin greater then 70 points for him to win the regular season playoffs.. But with a AussieBiedrins loss & a Hobbes win would see Hobbes earn the bye week due to the tiebreaker.

I've come along way in fantasy football.. I remember when I got ripped by the people on here when I took Jamarcus Russell with my 1st round pick in my very first year of fantasy football... I came last that year & the following year after that.. This is by far my best season ever & I owe a lot of thanks to Tom Brady, LeSean McCoy & the Raiders runningbacks.

Anyways enough with the humble brag... I don't want a target on my back for being a gloater [-X
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum