2011 GSW NFL DEATHMATCH

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 pm
oh and shout out to me for adding reggie bush before this week.. didnt start him but secured myself 4 quality RB's ... anyone in need of a good RB? holla.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 am
few thoughts on this upcoming week.

Team Vick has already secured a playoff spot (reminds me of the Niners controlling their destiny this year sitting pretty on 7-1)

If Beastmode beats me then it makes the race for 2nd place a hell of a lot more interesting... Beastmode will still have a revenge game on Hobbes somewhere in week 11 to 13 and it will be fighting tooth & nail between the 3 of us for a playoff bye.

*8th Ave(vs Ms.JREED) & Team Fined (vs.Mr.C) are in must games this weekend. If either of those guys lose to their opponents then it's only going to widen the gap to compete for that 5th & 6th playoff spot. It's going to be no easy task for these 2 as they are projected to lose on yahoo projected points (i expect the waiver wire to get raped or some blockbuster trades to go down this week.. it's make or break time. right now)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 am
I already know I am losing in a couple weeks where the second half of my team is on bye... the first half being on week 8... so this week is a must win for me.

I should be starting Tate more, acquired Harvin via waivers, so my lineup should be solid now.

willing to trade a WR for a Rb.... hit me up. I have Mike Wallace (who is not for sale), Torrey Smith, Roddy White, and Percy Harvin. I also have Jabar Gaffiny for those that wouldn't want to trade much.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 am
crackerz, just sent u an offer. lemme know whuttido
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:24 pm
Took care of Beastmode today!

Team Vick could lose his matchup & Hobbes v Joel will be a match decided on who Aaron Rodgers decides to throw his TD's too.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 am
meh ... picked a bad week to lose but my competition both lost leaving me in a comfy playoff position ...

some bright spots out of a bad week:

stafford threw 4 picks and still had 13 points , can only go up from here
no miles austin = more Dez
fred jackson is a confirmed must started, regardless of how his team is playing
earl bennett looked great again, had all those yards early in the game and didn't get thrown to in the 2nd half because they didnt need to ... they were killing the Lions.
jimmy graham still proving he's the GOAT tight end

the bullshit:

stevie johnson 0.8 points, the ****?
stafford looked like a goddamn retard. he will make up for it against Carolina.
another fumble FRED?!
the **** happened to Baltimore this year? where is that consistent running game? did seattle just give the league the m/o on how to beat the Ravens? score early and make them abandon the run... QUIT BEING A ***** JOHN. Ask your brother for some tips
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 pm
i'm sorry but i'm voting against this most recent trade ... one of the most lopsided trades ive seen in a while

DeMarco Murray [instantly propelled himself to ELITE fantasy Rb status, especially being fully healthy late in the season, primed for a fantasy playoff push]
Tony Gonzalez

for

Fred Davis
and Brandon Marshall ...

like, really 8th? i know your WR situation is ugly but to just hand the #1 team in the league the hottest player in fantasy? ****ing retarded. i know your team sucks but don't ruin it for everyone else.

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Image
My favorite thing about that gif is the awesome, old-school Macs they are using.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 pm
Hey Beast

For the record, 8th avenue proposed this trade to me. I can see where he is coming from. He has two fairly solid running backs in Forte and Turner, and doesn't want Demarco Murray wasting on his bench. I don't like losing Marshall, but felt the trade was a winner for me. If he sees it the same way, then you could say it's win win :) What does Commissioner Pawno think?

And let's face it Beast, my team is an unstoppable fantasy juggernaut, like it is every year, at least in the regular season, before I do my annual tradition of falling short in the play-offs. What also concerns me is that this week I am up against Crackerz, who is my achilles heel in fantasy football - I don't think i've ever beaten him.

Also, assuming my trade with 8th goes through, I am looking to deal Mike Tolbert, Darren Sproles and Ahmad Bradshaw, if anyone is interested.

From everyone's favourite ladder leader.

Team Vick (who actually sucks)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 am
i voted against the trade... just ridiculous.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 am
willing to move Fred Jackson or Ray Rice for a top flight WR ...

and I see Vick got some broken ribs ... just in time for the playoffs ...

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:26 pm
I'm not voting against the trade.

8th Ave team gets a whole lot better!!! Beastmode says ELITE in DeMarco Murray but 8th ave would be a idiot starting DeMarco Murrary ahead of his RB's in (Forte, Turner)

& if 8th ave offered the trade to trade 2 bench players for a quality starter.. what you whinging at?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:39 am
PAWNO wrote:I'm not voting against the trade.

8th Ave team gets a whole lot better!!! Beastmode says ELITE in DeMarco Murray but 8th ave would be a idiot starting DeMarco Murrary ahead of his RB's in (Forte, Turner)

& if 8th ave offered the trade to trade 2 bench players for a quality starter.. what you whinging at?

DeMarco Murray is 10x the fantasy player Michael Turner is ... he, Forte, AD and Arian are far and away the top tier in fantasy RB's.

and Brandon Marshall is only as good as the QB throwing to him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:35 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I'm not voting against the trade.

DeMarco Murray is 10x the fantasy player Michael Turner is ... he, Forte, AD and Arian are far and away the top tier in fantasy RB's.

and Brandon Marshall is only as good as the QB throwing to him.

Jerry Jones still not ready to name DeMarco Murray the starter

Last week, Jerry Jones compared rookie running back DeMarco Murray to Eric Dickerson.

Murray responded to that by running for 135 yards on 20 carries in Sunday’s 44-7 rout of the Bills. That ran his total to 601 yards on 75 carries in the four games since Felix Jones went down with an ankle injury. Comparisons to Dickerson are obviously premature, but those kinds of numbers serve Murray very well in a comparison to Jones. Not well enough to make him the starter going forward, though.

“No,” Jones said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. “The answer is I haven’t seen enough of DeMarco. I’d like about five more years of it at least and then we’ll count from there. I’m very impressed with him. I’m not at all caught up in this ‘who the lead is and who the lead isn’t.’ I know what Felix can do, too, and I’m excited about what we got ahead of us this year.”

While averaging more than eight yards a carry does make you wonder why the Cowboys would take Murray out of the lineup, there’s not much reason to get too caught up in which running back is on the field for the first play of the game. There will be plenty of work for both men once Jones makes his way back to the field and the offense should be better for having both of them available down the stretch.

As long as the offensive line keeps opening huge holes, both guys are going to have chances to make plays and help the Cowboys in their push for a playoff spot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/jerry-jones-still-not-ready-to-name-demarco-murray-the-starter/
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Don't listen to that bullshit article. DeMarco is getting at least 20 touches and will beast with them. Dude has it.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum