Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:35 pm
Your legacy will always lived in our heart and wish the best for Al families....

Just win, baby will always be your own motto and mine.....

Its a big lost for our nations....

The Great owner and a pioneer in NFL history....

R.I.P AL..... :salute:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 am
what is awesome is that he attended last weeks game... meaning he was with the team until the very end. Even though his health was quickly deteriorating, he never let the team out of his site.

We'll miss you Al.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:40 pm
Nice to see the Raiders get a W for the memory of Al, shame he didn't get one more day to see it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp9077
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 am
Here are some nice words from 49ers' staff for the late Al.

http://blog.49ers.com/2011/10/08/49ers- ... -al-davis/
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 am
Congrats on the win guys. Not a Raider fan whatsoever, but was pulling hard for you guys yesterday. The league wouldn't be what it is without Mr. Davis.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 am
So it looks like Alex is pulling away in the QB rating - now 3rd in the league, only behind Rodgers and Brady:

Alex Smith - 104.1
Jason Campbell - 84.3
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 pm
If you told me Campbell had 84.3 after five weeks i would have assumed he would be ahead. Alex is over 100!!!! They are playing hockey in hell right now.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Alex is playing well.. Uggh.. Not another sig bet for week 17 til superbowl

raiders got 3 games at home.. I expect his average to push back into the 90's
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 pm
dont really give a darn for QB rating....'W' is what we care about..
sometimes QB play good and sometime not but as long we still get W then we always looks good...

ugly win or win big = same thing..is W
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:23 am
GSW United wrote:dont really give a darn for QB rating....'W' is what we care about..
sometimes QB play good and sometime not but as long we still get W then we always looks good...

ugly win or win big = same thing..is W

Maybe you should read back a few pages, you'll understand why it's important - to us anyways. And to say that's all about the W is about the most cliche thing you could ever say in sports - what if I wanted to know why my team was good or bad? Record wont tell me why, scores wont even, this is the reason why other stats exist - because people do give a darn about why their team is performing the way they are.

QB rating is the best stat to gauge a QB's efficiency. QB's are the single most important player on the field that much of the time determines the outcome of a game (particularly today), thus QB rating is important.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:16 pm
What are you two going to do with your bet now? Smith finally had a bad game (despite being clutch, statistically it was bad) and had QB rating of 60, and Campbell broke his collar bone, so he's done for the season.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:19 pm
I guess it's all on Alex from here on out - what do you think pawno?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 am
Well, the raiders won, but at a big cost. We lost our QB for the season. If the Raiders do get a new QB, expect Boller to start week 7, while the team uses week 8 BYE to get that new QB ready (unless Boller played lights out).

So what are the options:

First, there is the Raider's first choice. Carson Palmer. He's a vet. He was coached under Jackson in Cincinnati. PLus, the Bengals don't need him (and Palmer certainly doesn't want them). Palmer has never really had a solid O-line... he would do well in the SIlver and Black.

Second, there is David Garrard, free agent. He's also a Vet. He fits the Campbell mode best of what is available. As long as he plays conservative and doesn't extend his abilities (which he is known of doing), Garrard can be a great option.

Third, Kyle Orton... This is a long shot. As he is with the Broncos, our rivals. Plus Denver will probably want more than what the raiders are willing to offer. PLus, I see Orton as a better fit for MIami than Oakland. Still, Orton might be the best back-up QB in the NFL right now (now that Tebow is starting).

Fourth, and this is a long shot.... Brett Farve... out of the game for a while, but hey, he can re-invent his "Hero Status" and possibly lead the raiders to the playoffs.... well, i can dream, can I?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am
JREED ... it's all on Alex!!! I think he is still in prime position to win our end of week 17 to superbowl sigbet.

ALEXSMITH PRO: Schedule & Alex Smith growing in Harbaugh system
ALEXSMITH CON: Weather going into end of schedule

MR CRACKERZ!!! I like your list BUT... Kyle Orton, no thanks. He would be a trojan horse (bronco reference) most important position on a team and we would trust someone who just played for our rival & his arm doesn't fit our system... No Thanks. (kyle would be playing for a contract.. but still i dont like it)
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board