TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 am
Dexter has lost my interest in recent seasons. I'm stoked about the Walking Dead. As much as I love Breaking Bad, I don't like the idea that they are going to drag things out for another season - it's an obvious attempt to milk the show as long as possible, when anyone can see that the show was meant to end this season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:31 am
They will be ending breaking bad soon, from what I've read.

BTW, the new fall lineup isn't so bad. I've watch most pilots for in the comedy/dramas out there, and many of them are pretty good (now nothing eye-opening like the LOST Pilot, which to date is the greatest pilot ever).

=D> New Shows to watch: Terra Nova, Person of Interest, Two Broke Girls, New Girl, Up All Night

:-k New Shows that are"Meh": Ringer, Revenge, Secret Circle, Pan-Am

[-X New Shows to avoid: Whitney, Free Agents, Charlie's Angels

[-o< New shows I haven't seen, but i am excited about: Homeland (Showtime), American Horror Story, Hell on Wheels.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:21 am
There will be at least one more season of BB, which IMO will be one too many.

We've already established how i feel about the major networks and their 'follow-the-leader' approach to crafting new programs, so I'll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 pm
JREED wrote:There will be at least one more season of BB, which IMO will be one too many.

We've already established how i feel about the major networks and their 'follow-the-leader' approach to crafting new programs, so I'll leave it at that.

well, the list of shows i am "excited about" are all going to be played on smaller networks... showtime, AMC, and FX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
JREED wrote:There will be at least one more season of BB, which IMO will be one too many.

well, the list of shows i am "excited about" are all going to be played on smaller networks... showtime, AMC, and FX

I just figured, based on the shows you previously mentioned.

Just watched Dexter and Boardwalk Empire - Dexter if awful now, it's hardly worth watching this marry-go-round, tired plot anymore - it's so unbelievably predictable now. Boardwalk is good but this season is off to a slow start - but if it's anything like last season, things should get good about ep 3-5 and rage until the finale.

I'm looking into picking up some shows that have previously ran or already had a few seasons under their belt - particularly Sci-Fi. I've considered Fringe but the typical network formula for shows like this is discouraging. I'm into season 2 of Deadwood - AMAZING! Wow, I can't believe I didn't watch this show years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:02 am
JREED wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I just figured, based on the shows you previously mentioned.

Just watched Dexter and Boardwalk Empire - Dexter if awful now, it's hardly worth watching this marry-go-round, tired plot anymore - it's so unbelievably predictable now. Boardwalk is good but this season is off to a slow start - but if it's anything like last season, things should get good about ep 3-5 and rage until the finale.

I'm looking into picking up some shows that have previously ran or already had a few seasons under their belt - particularly Sci-Fi. I've considered Fringe but the typical network formula for shows like this is discouraging. I'm into season 2 of Deadwood - AMAZING! Wow, I can't believe I didn't watch this show years ago.

I want to watch deadwood as well. I heard it is very well done. I wonder if its on netflix (doubtful).. the Hell on Wheels show is also a western setting.

Have you seen Mad Men Jreed? That show has been on for 5 years and its even better than before. Season 4 was its best season. Great cast, pretty good writing, amazing setting. Plus as a historian who focused on 60's history in college, it is a great show to critique the accuracy that the show portrays.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:01 am
Yeah Mad Men is a good show, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. You should checkout deadwood - maybe get a movie pass to somewhere like blockbuster or Hollywood video and rent the seasons disc by disc. I'm hoping that they tie up the series in season 3 because that's all it ran for.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm
I've been watching Hell on Wheels...well, at least I've watched all 4 episodes, and I have to say that it seems like a really good show so far. It doesn't have a lot of bad things you could say about it, mostly positive stuff.

And I have one question. Has anybody here watched the old sitcom named "Becker"? It was about a cynic doctor working in some small clinic or something like that in New York. The main character was played by Ted Danson.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm
Here's part one of the first episode:

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:10 am
Guybrush wrote:I've been watching Hell on Wheels...well, at least I've watched all 4 episodes, and I have to say that it seems like a really good show so far. It doesn't have a lot of bad things you could say about it, mostly positive stuff.

And I have one question. Has anybody here watched the old sitcom named "Becker"? It was about a cynic doctor working in some small clinic or something like that in New York. The main character was played by Ted Danson.

I watched the pilot episode of hell on wheels.. and I had positive thoughts on it.. BUT... Im so engrossed in other shows at the moment that I decided I'd wait til Sons of Anarchy/Walking Dead/Dexter finish & then I'll get stuck right into it. (downloading is soo easy)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 am
PAWNO wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I've been watching Hell on Wheels...well, at least I've watched all 4 episodes, and I have to say that it seems like a really good show so far. It doesn't have a lot of bad things you could say about it, mostly positive stuff.

I watched the pilot episode of hell on wheels.. and I had positive thoughts on it.. BUT... Im so engrossed in other shows at the moment that I decided I'd wait til Sons of Anarchy/Walking Dead/Dexter finish & then I'll get stuck right into it. (downloading is soo easy)

hahaha we are identical pawno... i saw the pilot when it first aired, it was good, but have decided to skip on it for now due to my commitment to finish other shows, and not having as much time to get into too many shows.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 am

yeah, i loved becker back in the day... i thought i was the only person around my aged who watched the show. The humor was great, between Becker, his friends, and his two secretary/nurses.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 am
PAWNO wrote:

Mr. Crackerz wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

hahaha we are identical pawno... i saw the pilot when it first aired, it was good, but have decided to skip on it for now due to my commitment to finish other shows, and not having as much time to get into too many shows.

I don't know about you guys, but I got bored of the Walking Dead in the second season...I really have no desire whatsoever to watch that show any more. I also stopped watching Dexter after the 3rd season, though, I was intending to get back to it, I just never did for some reason. And Sons of Anarchy is just not my cup of tea. Hell on Wheels is so much more tempting to me. I need to get back to Californication as well, and The Big Bang Theory also.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:33 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

yeah, i loved becker back in the day... i thought i was the only person around my aged who watched the show. The humor was great, between Becker, his friends, and his two secretary/nurses.

Same here, bro. :)

When I mention the show, no one seems to remember it, or have ever watched it. All this talk about lately about House reminded me of Becker, and I realized how much better that show was to me, and Becker's character compared to House's. House is moody and pissed most of the time, and I get annoyed by that after a while, and Becker is a cynic, but you can see he has a truly good heart, so all his rants are even funnier because of it. At least to me.

My girlfriend didn't watch the show, and I got her hooked to it, we're watching it now together. ::lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 am
Guy wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Same here, bro. :)

When I mention the show, no one seems to remember it, or have ever watched it. All this talk about lately about House reminded me of Becker, and I realized how much better that show was to me, and Becker's character compared to House's. House is moody and pissed most of the time, and I get annoyed by that after a while, and Becker is a cynic, but you can see he has a truly good heart, so all his rants are even funnier because of it. At least to me.

My girlfriend didn't watch the show, and I got her hooked to it, we're watching it now together. ::lol:

yeah, Becker was a good doctor who was always on a bad mood, but would usually cheer up (or at least lighten up) towards the end of an episode. The thing with Becker (versus in House) is that one show was a Comedy while the other one is a Drama. I never got into House, as all episodes look as if they are the same. Ted Danson might a grouch, but his best friends are all pretty positive, happy people, so the show was able to balance that and play to the strengths.

boy, i miss that show.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum