D. Lee earning his keep?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 am
lee's been doing great recently, on offense and defense, if he could do this constantly, he'd be amazing for this money.
he held his ground and outplayed three different kind of PFs in last three games - nowitzki, check, aldridge, check, gasol, check, all all-stars, or snub ones. also, he's been freed from retarded post-up offense and showed his amazing skills at being playmaker, check his beautiful passes against the lakers. and did i mention rebounding like mad?
this team, played in moving pick 'n' roll, high post offense can be deadly. and offense, in case of our team skill set, inspired defense. i loved this team last three games, being dominant against superior competition. and lee was huge part of this.
my hats off to him.
don't let smart ruin it.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:23 pm
NEXT SEASON:
Elton Brand, 32... David Lee, 28.
Elton Brand, $17k... David Lee, $11.6K

Lee may not have had the numbers we expected when we got him, but he will be better next year as you can see in these last games of the year.
He is starting to gel with the team and his midrange jumper has been consistent. Also his passing is way better.
His defensive is getting better, and the one thing he has better the Brand... is work ethic.
He will get better at D, and if he can developer a coner 3 shot, then he could spread the floor so we can find a Center who can post it up.
Even if we don't he has a excellent high post, and pick and roll skill, that he is very valuable going forward.

I just want this CBA to get taken care of so we can have an idea of what will happen next year.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:20 pm
+1

D Lee ain't the problem imo, I think he's part of a solution. he brings too many good things to the team. on the court, off the court. maybe if W's history didn't have so many lackluster PF's I'd be more critical. but we've had undersized guys Jamison & Harrington, then less than stellar T. Murphy, A. Randolph, B Wright. we got a baller at PF. it doesn't happen often. sure I'd take Milsap over Lee but how many PF's are just knocking on the door to come to Golden State? I say build around Steph and D. Lee. this team has had plenty of SG's in its history. Mitch, Spree, Arenas, J Rich, Monta, etc......scoring guards are easy to come by. big men with D. Lee's skills aren't everyday.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 am
can we put Lee as SF
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm
takeshi wrote:can we put Lee as SF

We can, but what for? He's not good with controlling the ball, doesn't have the speed or quickness, his mid-range shot is not that good, and he can't hit threes on regular basis.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:52 pm

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 am
Why are we even discussing if D. Lee is earning his keep? Nobody in the league would do a trade for him because of his prohibitively large contract.

David Lee is a player who can score a lot of points for a bad team; however, he lacks the key ingredient needed for championship contending NBA teams: David Lee plays no interior defense.

David Lee would have been a "perfect center (undersized, plays well on the perimeter, plays no defense)" for a Don Nelson-coached/Chris Mullin-front office team.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 pm
Beast Mode wrote:

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball