San Franciso 49ers thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:06 am
Frank Gore re-upped.. 3 year deal

I like Gore... But he seems like he gets injured. (like most runningbacks)

I wonder if he didn't play last weekend because he knew a deal was imminent?
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 am
They actually looked decent last night, there is some hope. Looking forward to see the part of the playbook they have been hiding all pre-season.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:33 am
I agree. I think that last night was just a small part of playbook that Harbaugh showed. Can't wait to see how it will look in the regular season. And all of the faces of people crowning either Rams, or even Seahawks or Cardinals, in front of 49ers, predicting us a score of somewhere around 5-11.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:54 am
Yeah, our oline is still garbage in pass protection - Chargers didn't have a lot of starters out there and they still hurried the QB. Run blocking is a whole other story, I just hope we can move the ball through the air and don't tailor the offensive game plan around our one trick pony line. Kaep looked like crap, I can't believe anyone actually supported starting him over Alex - but the first below average game Alex has (whether it be his fault or our SEC grade line - ie all the talent in the world + size but dumber than dog **** and about as skilled), the haters with be blindly casting their votes for Kaep like a Texan voting Republican...

Sadly, I think we are in store for more of what we've seen in the past, but a slightly different flavor: one side affair in play calling (run-run-pass) and an inability to convert on 3rd down. This will be in an effort to protect or oline because they submit absolutely no effort when it comes to protecting the QB - Arizona is the class of the NFC West, everyone is riding the Rams jock after a below average year by Bradford, they still don't have any decent WRs, although they do have an improved Dfront. AZ has many of the same players that they've had success with in the past and they now have a QB after having the absolute worst QB situation in the league last season.

9-7 would be a dream come true for us this year - if someone asked me honestly, "Over/under 7.5 wins for the 9ers this season?" My reply would be "under... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: "
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:01 pm
Take it for what it's worth.

Had a dream I was reading my local newspaper and there was a article about how the council had to put down a dog whom attacked a person in the park. The Dogs name was Frank Gore & said it would happen after Franks greyhound race this weekend.

I know the article is about a dog.. but I then ran out and picked up Hunter & Dixon in my fantasy leagues in the middle of my dream.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am
PAWNO wrote:Take it for what it's worth.

Had a dream I was reading my local newspaper and there was a article about how the council had to put down a dog whom attacked a person in the park. The Dogs name was Frank Gore & said it would happen after Franks greyhound race this weekend.

I know the article is about a dog.. but I then ran out and picked up Hunter & Dixon in my fantasy leagues in the middle of my dream.

That's some trippy dreaming there pawndiesel... I would have just picked up Hunter... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 pm
Funny thing is i am having a break from getting stoned all the time. (not toking up til i come to America in October)

I noticed that you rememeber your dreams when you have a clearhead.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 am
So 9ers won despite of some overly-conservative play calling, but I do see what the coaching staff was trying to accomplish - protect our offensive line who can't pass block for sh*t and to their credit I think we got out of the game without a sack - except that fumbled snap which doesn't count. Alex looked sharp and accurate most of the game when he was given the opportunity to throw the ball, which wasn't often. Crabtree got a little banged up but his X-ray came back negative. And our defensive front looked scary good against a young Seahawks oline.

We still would have won the game without the kick returns so 9er haters can STFU about how we got lucky. We did play a bad team, but a win is a win and many people didn't think this game would have turned out like it did.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:07 am
JREED wrote:We still would have won the game without the kick returns so 9er haters can STFU about how we got lucky. We did play a bad team, but a win is a win and many people didn't think this game would have turned out like it did.

Did you see the comments from Harbaugh in relation to "NOT ENOUGH HIGHLIGHTS ON TV" (i.e self googling)

He claims he thinks its because no one thinks the Niners are any good, I think he has mistaken that with the East Coast Bias.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/12/jim-harbaugh-wants-to-see-more-49ers-highlights-on-tv/
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:24 am
Yeah, east coast bias is alive and well (as always), but he needs to consider that the 9er Seahaggs game isn't a very sexy affair for non-NFC West fans. It's pretty weird to hear a coach talk about something like this - I don't know how to feel about it... Kind of wish he'd just stick to the play on the field.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 am
It will be interesting to see how much the offense opens up this week. This game will be a good test.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm
I don't have nerves for this anymore. Damn it...man. We were leading the whole game, and we still lost in OT. And how? We let them air the ball on the very first play. And that other big play they had, idiotic, completely, I don't know what our safeties are doing. But I'm sure that Madieu Williams and Reggie Smith suck, seriously. And when we have two possession lead we play conservative offense, and keep pounding the ball without gaining more than 2 yards, and we play vanilla defense.

Ahh...I just can't lose my nerves over this team anymore. It's like we never changed our coaches. Same things this year as well. We never want to risk when we lead, and we and up losing instead, playing it safe...for Christ's sake.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:58 pm
Yeah, pretty disappointing game for our D and some questionable play calling. I'm not going to fault JH for taking the FG - although I don't see what we have to loose by at least trying to pickup a 1st down or two running the ball. Our D let us down big time, they should a complete lack of ability to cover anything down field - actually it was mostly blown coverages, it seems like when the coverage wasn't blown we played their receivers about as well as you can.

I don't understand how we couldn't be more prepared for Witten when everyone and their mom knew that he was going to be the no. 1 target with Dez out.

Our Oline looked like sh*t, which was expected against a good pass rush, but they couldn't even help out in the run game which is an area where we should have excelled.

Alex looked good though - I fell back into the routine of hating him for a second after that pick, until they showed it from a different angle and it appeared to just be a perfect defensive play call. That play with the low snap was amazing and give me a lot of hope for Smith.

Overall, I think we are still much improved and we should be able to take the division at 9-7. The play calling will get better, our secondary wont be facing a top-flight passing game every week and it looks like nobody is going to be able to run the ball on us. We are going to be able to run the ball at some point. If our Oline can make some strides over the next few weeks, we could be a dark-horse contender - not for the SB, but to at least make a little noise in the playoffs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:12 pm
Yeah the Niners are looking better this season (but so to are the Cardinals)... I really wanna see what a SJAXless RAMS looks like before i hitch on to a definitive NFCWEST leader.

But We all can write off the Seahawks... thats a team that spent so much $$$ this offseason, but will continue to falter as long as Tarvaise Jackson is playing QB.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:41 pm
Yeah, JREED, our run game should start gaining some yards, eventually, but it will be hard as long as our opponents fill the box with 8-9 players. Their safeties play at the LOS, cause they know that we will run the ball, or try with some short pass. If Harbaugh would give Smith a chance to throw it down field, once in a while, even if he missed the target, it would keep at least their safeties at bay, which would make room for our running game. I'm just hoping that Jim still hasn't opened up the playbook. Smith showed a lot of accuracy so far, and that throw to Walker was with a great touch. Also, the first TD to Williams was extremely precise, that looked beautiful.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board