European Championship 2011

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:01 pm
Guybrush wrote:Oh, and yeah, I'll see you here tomorrow Mr. Crackerz, but we will see who's gonna celebrate in the end. We can't lose three in a row...at least I hope so. :)

yep, the game starts 5:30am my time (the time i usually get up)... so I will be here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 am
Spain up by 9 to end the 1st.... time to end this thing now
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:39 am
just turned it on, and Spain is up by 23! Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 am
I know. I thought it would be closer. Serbia has played incredibly sloppy and have been short tempered, which hurt their biggest run in the game.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:57 am
Sorry for not being on here during the game. I watched it outside. All I can say is that Spain completely dominated this game and deservedly won. This was one of the worst games, if not the worst I have seen Serbia play in years. Now we must beat Turkey to advance into the next phase.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:52 pm
oh, well, we couldn't hit the ocean for 30 minutes of the game (missing point blank layups), but still managed to make a game out of it.
watch out, germany.

and bring macedonia (seriously, how a team like macedoniai can be fighting for 1-2 spot in their group, must be easy one, except for the russians).
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 am
After every game I watch of Serbia's team, I think I shorten my life a little bit. Damn, every single time it has to be Turks...I just can't stand them. Last year that awful game when the World Championship was played there...and now again pathetic refereeing in the second half. In the third quarter they didn't even made 4 fouls. And they played much harder then Serbia, and still nothing. Krstic got decent hits and he didn't even once go to the free throw line. And on the other side, they got away with everything in the second half. Every touch was a foul and they were going to the line. They had almost twice as much FT attempts, luckily they shot terribly, but the refs did their part.
I was laughing when I saw that they called a foul on Kanter (their center) because of a blocking foul by Teodosic (our PG)...but in the end, the win counts. They can go home, where they belong, and we can see if we can pick up our game again, and see what we can do in the quarter finals. :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:52 am
to sum it up in one sentence: guybrush doen't like refs when serbia is playing.

karma, son, karma :mrgreen: (1995 will follow you forever!)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 am
France playing without noah and parker and Spain hardly winning. both teams look disinterested to be number one in group, which means most probably playing Lithuania in semis. Bitches, are you scared?! :mrgreen:

nothing new though in picking opponents from our southwest rivals.

there is a reason besides basketball, that i want to meet/see russia and serbia advance, not those little cunts there :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:38 am
martin wrote:to sum it up in one sentence: guybrush doen't like refs when serbia is playing.

karma, son, karma :mrgreen: (1995 will follow you forever!)

Yeah, that team played great games against Dream Team, and you still think that you could have won...not even if the game was repeated million times. ::razz:

And I don't like referees when we play against Turkey...I don't know why they have so much credit. I still can't get over that game last year when they scored in the last seconds by running out of bounds and getting back in...and those scenes when they were faking injuries so other guy could take a free throws...you can't like a team like that. That's anti-sports right there.

Did I just read that you called France and Spain cunts? ::lol: Beware of Mr. C. :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:28 pm
common if niot for the fifth tick-tack foul on sabonis, by far the greates european player ever, things could have gone our side pretty quickly. yes, you had great team, but final match was very much influenced by terrible refereeing at the last minutes of the game. not for nothing our team wanted to stop playing.

ok, good luck with russians, gonna be tough (i assume they will beat macedonia by 15 tommorow).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 am
Darn... they moved the start time of the quarterfinal games, so the games are played later in the day. Now I can't watch, due to the fact that I am at work.

Ugh.... Go Spain!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 pm
wow, just wow, total shame on us...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 pm
martin wrote:wow, just wow, total shame on us...

Embarrassing!!!

Spain did its job... and then some!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:22 am
I can't believe it you lost to Macedonia...that it's utterly embarrassing. And in front of your home crowd. Just unbelievable.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board