European Championship 2011

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 am
geez, the refs in the Spain-Turkey game have been terrible. They are affecting both teams with some absurd calls.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:21 am
where's guybrush? eating his nails after that hilarious loss? :mrgreen:

refs are way too controlling in this tournament, way too many fouls called, especially on offense, even yesterday in a meaningless game against portugal there were like 5 guys with 5 fouls,all that killing the flow.

now onto second stage, meeting serbs on wednesday in Vilnius, gonna be brutal!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:15 am
Nah, I'm cool. :)

The only reason for that being the fact that I wasn't able to watch the game, lol. The only game that I didn't watch, and we lost in by one point in the overtime. Still, it's not a big deal, we're still going to the next stage. Important part is to win when it counts more.

What did you mean by that "hilarious loss"? Was there something bad during the match...referees or something?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:12 am
i meant this layup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icGYQgnc ... re=related
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:51 pm
I know, I heard what happened afterwards. It's hard to believe you can miss something like that. Oh, well...like I said, if we meet them in the knockout stage, then it will count. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:44 am
Spain v. Germany! Lets do this
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:13 am
Spain looks like they got this one.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 pm
There's nothing you can do when your opponents shoot 70% from the field, both for 2 and for 3...that's a game you will play once in a lifetime, if ever.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 pm
beautifully executed by lithuanians. home crowd is like two players extra (kleiza and maciulis, who are missing) or energy to our old team.
can't wait till valanciunas gets couple of years under his belt. he'll destroy every european center, period.

good luck to serbs against spain and turkey. they are still my favourite opponent to beat since that notorious 1995 final.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 pm
martin wrote:beautifully executed by lithuanians. home crowd is like two players extra (kleiza and maciulis, who are missing) or energy to our old team.
can't wait till valanciunas gets couple of years under his belt. he'll destroy every european center, period.

good luck to serbs against spain and turkey. they are still my favourite opponent to beat since that notorious 1995 final.

haha, Valanciunas got nothing on Spain! WE CRUSH YOU!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 am
i'm pretty confident we can beat spain next time we met them, probably finals (if spain can manage to get there :mrgreen: ).

in two years valanciunas owns any spanish center, gasols included, one is going to be too old and marc is slow as molases. maybe that can even happen at olympics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 am
Marc has looked really good in this tourney. I hope one day he and Pau both play together in the NBA... and don't forget about the 3rd Gasol Brother who is coming up. He is 17 years old, Adrià Gasol. he's 6'9 and growing, and supposedly really good.

BTW, Friday, Guybrush, we better do the live chat... cuz i wanna see your instant reaction when Spain crushes Serbia! :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:20 am
i admit that currently spain centers are better (though i'm not a fan of marc's game), so that's why i'm giving two years for jonas to get some more muscle and experience, all else he's got, motor, desire, work ethic and talent.

possibly with adria (whom i haven't seen) he'll have a nice lithuanian-spanish rivalry going into the future. as for the rest of the players, i'm really positive about lithuanain team, we'll have kleiza at pf, maciulis at sf and pocius sg that are a good match against any european team. only trouble is pg, but maybe our 19 year old cizauskas grows into something more consistent than kalnietis (who played real well yesterday, due to birthday). so, i think we'll have good chances to get back that best european team title, which was shared by serbs and lithuanians for decades, only recently intruded by spaniards :mrgreen:

oh, and kosta perovic (warriors once draftee, if i'm not mistaken) is trash.

bring on the french!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:52 am
Yeah, yeah, have your fun today, you deserved it, but it's not over yet. :)

Don't remind me of Perovic, please, I've bees saying for years that he's a tree...for Christ's sake, he can't even catch a damn ball, let alone do something constructive with it.

We still have a young team, so don't count us out yet, guys, we're getting back to the top, whether you two like it or not. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow...we better defeat the Spain, and I think we can, depends mostly of the big guys game, on both sides. If Teo finally plays a good game, and he's going in that direction, we can take you down, Mr. C. I hope it will be good game at least, two good clubs are meeting.
Anyway, if I calculated correctly we need to beat Turkey to go to the next round, so, much to look forward to. And if we both get through, Martin, I don't think Lithuania could repeat shooting night like they had yesterday.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:54 am
Oh, and yeah, I'll see you here tomorrow Mr. Crackerz, but we will see who's gonna celebrate in the end. We can't lose three in a row...at least I hope so. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board